You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lets try to educate the masses.

Xherdan

I was at Road to Istanbul last weekend and I was shocked by the amount of LFC fans arriving in, proudly wearing their brand new Standard Chartered Jerseys. It was the day Rafa had 'left by mutual consent' and I was in a really dark mood.

While I enjoyed the play, I found it hard to get into the whole celebratory mood of it, in fact, it almost brought me to tears to think of the unprecendented success this club has had, and right now, that all seems so far away.

Why then, were there so many at that, and in general, wearing the standard chartered jerseys? I can only assume that its because they dont care, or just are not fully aware of what is happening within the club.

In order for any proposed boycotts to work we need to have as many numbers involved as possible, not just in the Liverpool area, but accross our european and global fanbase. The easiest and most effective way of doing this imo is to issue a periodical.

I have not sat down to work out how this would happen and the serious organisation and logistics involved in such a task, but I for one but be more than happy to work towards a periodical newsletter, perhaps monthly and to work towards distributing it Ireland, via Internet or post.

I would like to hear what the board thinks and if anyone has any suggestions how to get this up and running that would be great.

I've spoken to a few lads in the pub when I seen them in the jerseys and teh general view is that "sure what difference does it make". I think the problem is that the majority just don't really care or just aren't bothered to educate themselves.

I wore the "Gillett and Hicks Out" shirt that Al made up in the gym last night and 5 different people ended up talking to me about it. It's all about the branding and point of sale. Boycott t-shirts, etc, would work. Even if the majority are just wearing it as a fashion statement, it’d still work.

Also, I’d be more then happy to help with any periodical or newsletter.

I've spoken to a few lads in the pub when I seen them in the jerseys and teh general view is that "sure what difference does it make". I think the problem is that the majority just don't really care or just aren't bothered to educate themselves.

I wore the "Gillett and Hicks Out" shirt that Al made up in the gym last night and 5 different people ended up talking to me about it. It's all about the branding and point of sale. Boycott t-shirts, etc, would work. Even if the majority are just wearing it as a fashion statement, it’d still work.

Also, I’d be more then happy to help with any periodical or newsletter.

Thats it. Or they just shrug their shoulders and say I dunno. I have wore a 'Yanks out' t-shirt and people have said it to me.

Some people dont want to care to be honest. It seems as though they think there are more important things that matter within the club

I'll be happy to assist in any way possible. Touting ideas on forums has a minor impact, the recently released protest single is a step in the right direction, and, as previously touched upon, protest shirts are a suitable means to nurture a little more support. Leafleting before games appears to have had some effect. And I'm not sure if it is possible, I doubt the club would allow us to bypass Hicks & Gillett, but a mosaic on the Kop for the first home game of the season would be a big statement. However, like I said, we would need to have someone very close to the club willing to shaft the Yanks to assist in any such action.

The longer we continue on the path that we are, the greater chance that this club will stagnate. The levels of apathy around the club are sometimes frightening.

It's a difficult one this. At the end of the day people have the right to do what they want, some people i know won't boycott the club because they think that will put us in a worse situation, not a theory i subscribe to but who am i ? For example i have bought my 6 year old son the new kit and yet i have given up my ST. On the face of it a contradiction but my 6 year old is too young to understand the situation, and the thought of him upset looking on enviously at his mates is not one i'm willing to tolerate, he comes before Liverpool Football Club i'm afraid.I'm sure there are many others in different situations, i guess the point i'm making is that it's not all black and white, not that i particularly disagree with the original post.

It's unbelievable how some of our fellow reds are. Got talking to one the last day, and he mentioned the new away top. I said I liked it, but no way would I be buying one. He proceeded to tell me how by not buying the merchandise, I was starving the club of money and it would lead to players being sold.He was gonna buy every new top. I honestly thought he was taking the piss.

Fucking scares me how ignorant to our plight some of our fans are.

I've got the new shirt, but got it knock off for half the price. Does that make me bad?

Might be a collectors item soon though as it's got Torres 9 on the back.

I haven't bought anything from the club for years, people have bought me stuff but the club have seen no money from me since 2001.

Guest Pistonbroke

Unfortunately not everyone is as passionate about football as we are. They support whichever team they do but only take note in results and watching the odd game to be part of something good. The amount of people i know who miss their own teams playing and ask me what the score was is staggering. I think these people are beyond approach as far as problems within the game goes as to them it really isn't that important. Unless of course their team is getting to finals and winning things.

Loads of people dont give a fuck and thats just the way it is.

People buy the full strip for there kids and call themselves reds but dont go the game, dont really follow it closely.

Some watch Match of the Day others just see how we got on in the paper.

Thats just the way it for lots of people you see wearing the kit and stuff.

There is something so boss about seeing kids in the park wearing the kit though. It's about counting the amount of Liverpool fans in your team, or class, or some shite like that.

Although I personally haven't bought it, i wouldn't begrudge anyone buying it, nor would I begrudge any kid wearing it!

It's unbelievable how some of our fellow reds are. Got talking to one the last day, and he mentioned the new away top. I said I liked it, but no way would I be buying one. He proceeded to tell me how by not buying the merchandise, I was starving the club of money and it would lead to players being sold.He was gonna buy every new top. I honestly thought he was taking the piss.

Fucking scares me how ignorant to our plight some of our fans are.

it scares me even more that grown men want to wear a football top, moreso when they put a number and their own name or nickname on it.

whats wrong with a nice cardigan and some slacks.

We've got to sell the idea of a boycott better than the way the club sells the idea of merchandise.

The time for being tactful and objective about all this passed long ago.

I say 'we' because no one else is going to do it.

Boycott European games, Cup games and all merchandise.

Show others why it needs to be done.

Those 'unofficial' shirts are the perfect way to go.

My point in starting this thread is to ensure that any proposed boycotts, or alternative shirts have a medium other than the internet in which to arrange and publicise such events and products. Not everyone has access to the internet, or does so on a frequent basis like the members of this board, but some may be as interested in the club and its developments as the members of this board.

An email newsletter is one option but an informational newsletter which is actually printed and distributed, IMO would be more effective for the target audience.

A friend of mine is an editor and I have already spoken to her about editing this publication FOC and she is happy to do so. Obviously this would be a significant financial undertaking, but I have a staffed office who could contact the various LFC supporters groups throught ROI, compile a database of memebers adresses etc. Making sure that those people are aware and can actively participate in trying to remove those two cunts is money well spent.

We've got to sell the idea of a boycott better than the way the club sells the idea of merchandise.

The time for being tactful and objective about all this passed long ago.

I say 'we' because no one else is going to do it.

Boycott European games, Cup games and all merchandise.

Show others why it needs to be done.

Those 'unofficial' shirts are the perfect way to go.

even if we dont go in the ground and still pay for the ticket's the sight of the empty seats will get the ball rolling and get thick cunts asking why is the ground is only half full even if the yanks still get there money the visual impact would be massive

What I hate hearing about is how Benitez has had all the money in the world supposedly over the last 6 years. Sure, he could have spent it better but we're being seriously outspent by teams all around us these days and still coming 7th.

What I think is the biggest problem, is the board. I'm not saying we're a small club these days, but when our first choice to replace a European Cup winner is Roy Hodgson, I'm seriously worried about what our team will look like at the end of the summer.

By the way lads, saw this on Rawk, well worth a read.

FIGHT BACK. PART II... TAKING IT TO THE RBS....

As stated in the first thread about fighting back, I’ve had inside information that RBS, are very worried about the loans to H&G, that they are wavering in their committment to both H&G and the loans... and that they really don’t want to give any further extension on the loans.

And most importantly, I’ve been told they will be ” very receptive” to any further pressure.

In other words... their bottle's gone, and they want to pull the plug on Hicks & Gillettte but they are dithering, but enough pressure from us could just push them over the edge.

Obviously, I can’t divulge too much about how all this was aquired, but after a lot of discussion on this with my contact and a couple of others in the know, a friend has drafted a letter. It is very thorough and details the whole disaster which is H&G. More importantly it is structured in a way to put a great deal of pressure on the relevant executives at RBS and the relevant politicians.

So, let's let them know that we refuse to be conned or placated any more. We are not falling for any of it and that we are holding them responsible for the damage already inflicted on LFC and for any further damage that extending the loans will inflict.

So, yes it’s more bloody letter writing. But all we need you to do is...

fire up the printer, get a few envelopes and sheets of paper, and a book of first class stamps…

Bingo. Done. No big deal. And very very little effort to aid your club as best you can in it's time of biggest need.

There's no excuses now. You can do this from anywhere in the world....

Send the letter on as it is - but add a wee personel note. Tell them where you got the letter from. Tell them you are personally aware of what’s going on and there are many thousands like you - and make sure to tell them that like many thousands of people, you will hold them responsible for any more damage inflicted upon LFC.

It's time we let them know that we hold them accountable for the damage already done, and for any further damage Hicks and Gillette inflict on the club because their loans and extensions are not only enabling them to carry on causing further damage - but also reaping them many millions in interest.

And make it plain that this has to stop.

I will post the letter shortly. But first I want people to digest that, simply because...

I'm frankly disgusted by the lack of effort seen so far. It's a disgrace.

The same old usual culprits constantly being left to do what we should all be doing without a seconds thought...

It's your club. It's being systematically milked for all it's worth, and that will probably continue until we all draw a line, say that's enough and stand and fight for it.

So, fuckin stand up and be counted then!

That's not to belittle the efforts of all the good people that have done their bit. In fact, some have gone way above and beyond the call of duty. But they need help! They need numbers to be effective - as does this next stage of the campaign.

Well, it's in your hands now.

How many of you want the alternative kit?

Within hours so many had made requests for the kit, that it grew into 3 seperate threads, all rapidly going up in head counts - while other anti-owner threads struggled to stay on the front page of the site.... that's a disgrace.

Don't take that wrong... John, Kit and the others working on the alternative kit are all committed to this and doing a great job. Some are working on all this while suffering personal hardship and tragedy... I don't have the words to praise them lads enough.

But the rest of you... ffs, it's not a fashion show.

Just walking round in the next must have accesory for the young LFC fan is not fighting H&G... not if you don't put in any committment or effort.

I'm telling you straight, I'm not only dismayed by the reaction and apathy, I'm about to throw the towel in...

If you can't be arsed, why should anyone else?

And if we give up... well, we know the consequences, just ask fans of the Corinthians.

So ffs get on it. Prove me wrong. Show there's still fight left. More importantly show the bloody bankers and politicians that you aren't going to take it anymore... and drag in as many people as you can.

In unity there's strength... and there's bloody millions of us. Get enough of them on this and we can win and you can look them in the eye when you're asked....

"What did you do in the war Daddy?"

How many of you have e-mailed and mailed RBS etc. yet? BarCap? Vince Cable?

What I hate hearing about is how Benitez has had all the money in the world supposedly over the last 6 years. Sure, he could have spent it better but we're being seriously outspent by teams all around us these days and still coming 7th.

What I think is the biggest problem, is the board. I'm not saying we're a small club these days, but when our first choice to replace a European Cup winner is Roy Hodgson, I'm seriously worried about what our team will look like at the end of the summer.

yes but you give a shit an they dont