You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Steven Gerrard.....

Wor Horse

Take the armband off him, he's only playing for himself.

Is right. No coincidence our pressing game has been much better the last two games when Stevie Me has been on the sidelines. Half-arsed runs, impossibly weak body language and generally atrocious play makes him one of the least fit players for the armband really. Reina, Carra, Kuyt and even Kyrgiakos would make better captains than our number 8. How long is he going to live on the memories of Istanbul and Cardiff? Sure, he comes up with great goals and game-winning passes, but that shouldn't guarantee him the armband. And Steven, if you are unfit, get a break (and at least give your self a break from delivering set pieces, you stink at it!):wallbutt:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was summed up towards the end of the game when Carra went charging for the ball and drove in a shot from outside the box when Gerrard was on on the ball.

Rewind to 2005 and he would never of done that.

he is clearly unfit and unfocussed due to the injury and Rafa's ability to suck all the like out of the team with his ultra negative selections

bottom line is that he shouldn't be playing - you don't see Rafa trying to rush back Torres do you?

Rafa seems to think that even by playing Gerrard when he is not fit he will be able to conjure some bit of magic - but it's not working

he needs to be rested and sent for his much needed op

you would keep Rafa over Gerrard?!?!?

madness

Rafa is the one that has broken him by not sending him for his much needed op

We're not going to get 40 million for Rafa you clown.

And Gerrard's been rubbish this season. I'm fucking sick of hearing that he's injured hence not performing. He seems to have checked out.

Carra was shit earlier in the season, but he never looked like he didn't give a fuck.

Steven Gerrard does better when Carragher is captain. Controvertial, but I said back in 03 or 04 when he was given it that it was only to keep him here. I stand by that. Carra doesn't change when he has the armband on or off. Gerrard does I think. My mate's been arguing with me since aforementioned yeaar that Gerrard's the best candidate for captain. He showed that in Istanbul, Cardiff, and against Olympiacos. It's hurting trying to find too many more captain material performances. PEople talking about letting him go need to have a look at themselves. Would £15M get us a replacement? I think not.

We're not going to get 40 million for Rafa you clown.

And Gerrard's been rubbish this season. I'm fucking sick of hearing that he's injured hence not performing. He seems to have checked out.

Carra was shit earlier in the season, but he never looked like he didn't give a fuck.

we're not going to get £40m for Gerrard on current form either!

an on song Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the world so why would we sell him

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
you would keep Rafa over Gerrard?!?!?

madness

Rafa is the one that has broken him by not sending him for his much needed op

Gerrard managed his own rehabilitation, but don't let that stop you

I'd take 40 million for him in a heartbeat. Much as I love him, he's finished at Liverpool.

Steven Gerrard is finshed at Liverpool? You leave me with no option. Negged.

I know he was muck tonight and to be honest, there has been times this season when I actually thought he bearly warrants a place in our team. But fuck me, when he gets fully fit and back playing his stuff again, you will thank me for negging you. It must be horrible for him to play in that Liverpool team.

New manager = Gerrard out.

£20.

handshake.jpg

I doubt he would leave just because rafa went, he has caused so many of SGs problems I think he would be pleased to see the back of him.

Do you really believe the media robotics from him that he would leave the club he has supported since childhood to follow a fat spaniard who has caused most of his problems on the pitch with his negative tactics that Stevie has had to battle against since he took to captaincy?

Yeah I'll take your money

*shakes on it*

I doubt he would leave just because rafa went, he has caused so many of SGs problems I think he would be pleased to see the back of him.

Do you really believe the media robotics from him that he would leave the club he has supported since childhood to follow a fat spaniard who has caused most of his problems on the pitch with his negative tactics that Stevie has had to battle against since he took to captaincy?

*shakes on it*

No, I believe that if the club started changing managers that the players clearly like in mid season then he'd have enough.

Can I also ask, what does Benítez's weight have to do with any of the situation?

Guest PurpleNose

*shakes on it*

Why?

i think stevies head has completely gone!

hes sick of having to play with average players and average tactics for over a decade and having to drag this club to glory on his own.people say nandos just as important but hes not won anything for us were as steven has won our last two trophies.tbh i wouldnt mind or blame the lad if he left us for madrid/barca or even citeh now.hes wasted too much of his glorious talent and just as importantly for a world class footballer,his precious time.

If only he could go back to see his old self and how his shooting was things would improve at least 50%. He's just a sad sight these days, and when he doesn't even bother to have a go from 20-25 yards on a free kick there clearly is something very wrong. Even if Rafa told him to cross it or distribute the ball differently, the old Stevie wouldn't hesitate about shooting from that kind of position.

Steven Gerrard is finshed at Liverpool? You leave me with no option. Negged.

I know he was muck tonight and to be honest, there has been times this season when I actually thought he bearly warrants a place in our team. But fuck me, when he gets fully fit and back playing his stuff again, you will thank me for negging you. It must be horrible for him to play in that Liverpool team.

I'll take your neg quite simply because I hope you are right.

However I think it's simply now a case of either he or the manager goes. Clearly he has no belief in the tactics the manager employs and the players he has signed so for me one of them has to go. Steven Gerrard has been my hero for years. But I'm sick of him. It's just so clear that he's always thinking about himself before he thinks of the captains armband or the team in general.

The way he's playing he'd be lucky to get into the England team. Milner has been miles better than him this season and Capello is keen on him. I can see him starting ahead of Gerrard on present form. Not to mention Joe Cole coming back. Gerrard's position as England's left winger is not guaranteed.

As for whether or not Stevie is finished with us, I think Hooch makes an intersting point about it being Stevie or Rafa. I suspect the relationship there is nearing an end. If Rafa stays on, Stevie may prefer to go and Rafa may prefer the money. But the problem is, if Rafa is replaced, Stevie may also prefer to go rather than stay through another 5 year plan under a new man.

I think Stevie being here next season is in jeopardy either way. I hope I'm wrong though.