You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenwyne Jones

ChicagoRed

Rafa has generally bought well when he's spent over 10 million, if he wants Jones then I'd rather our manager got the players he wanted, rather than ones he doesn't want.

He's accountable, therefore he should sign who he wants, if we don't trust him then he shouldn't be the manager.

I have ni problem with his transfer deals 10 million+ - more hits than misses.

He's rubbish, and Rafa's pursuit of him simply reinforces the belief that he has totally lost the plot. With Rafa's appalling recent record in the transfer market, there is no way the club should sanction the purchase of Jones for the reported £10M+.

Not when we don't have a pot to piss in.

Glen Johnson.

Maxi Rodriguez.

Alberto Aquilani.

Fucking failures them aren't they?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Glen Johnson.

Maxi Rodriguez.

Alberto Aquilani.

Fucking failures them aren't they?

You'd do well just to ignore him, mate.

A loan deal is fair enough but there are better players out there for £10m.

Such as?

We need a striker, someone who is capable of playing upfront on his own, we have lacked a physical presence since Crouch left and he's scored goals in this league.

Can't think of many other players who would come and be happy on the bench when Torres was fit, as well as ticking those boxes, bar RVN - who is old and has hardly played since his injury last season.

Such as?

We need a striker, someone who is capable of playing upfront on his own, we have lacked a physical presence since Crouch left and he's scored goals in this league.

Can't think of many other players who would come and be happy on the bench when Torres was fit, as well as ticking those boxes, bar RVN - who is old.

I doubt Jones would be happy on the bence once the Kid is fit. I'd like to see them both together but we'll probably never see it.

You say we've lacked it since Crouch left, I agree but who sold him?

Huntelaar (Milan would take 10m).

I doubt Jones would be happy on the bence once the Kid is fit. I'd like to see them both together but we'll probably never see it.

You say we've lacked it since Crouch left, I agree but who sold him?

Huntelaar (Milan would take 10m).

Well Crouch wanted to go, he wasn't happy playing second fiddle to Torres.

Crouch did want to go but he'd of stayed with better man management and being given the chance to form a partnership with the kid.

I agree.

But he's gone and we've moved on. Since he's gone we have missed his type pf player or the more direct / physical option. Jones can provide that.

I personally don't think he'll come.

What's the deal with Huntelaar? He's failed at two massive clubs now.

Bad advice?

He never really got a chance at Madrid(he was there for six months). A lot of sub appearances and still scored like 10 goals... part of the dutch clear out at the club this summer.

Milan? No clue... I'd suggest it was too early to figure if hes a failure, but Milan aren't going to bench Pato.

I think he would be a great signing and the best option we could get in now.We have missed a physical presence up front since crouch left and jones is stronger and better in the air then crouch will ever be.He is also young, knows the league, would be able to play up front alone and offer something different from the bench when torres is fit.

Hope this transfer happens

• Downvote 1

I think he would be a great signing and the best option we could get in now.We have missed a physical presence up front since crouch left and jones is stronger and better in the air then crouch will ever be.He is also young, knows the league, would be able to play up front alone and offer something different from the bench when torres is fit.

Hope this transfer happens

What's up with your very unfortunate username?

Obligatory clip.

Some good goals there, I hold my hand up.

All rebounds, tap-ins, or good headers. Not a single clean shot that went in. Basically no individual goals he created himself.

Not saying that makes him bad, but most youtube compilations worth their salt have one or two good dribbles and finishes.