You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stan Collymore: Why Steven Gerrard must quit Liverpool FC

dennis tooth

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh look mass indignation at what collymore has said.

theres no way id want gerrard to leave liverpool but collymore has a point. and that point is why the fuck should anyone hold it against gerrard if he did decide to try his luck elsewhere.

no one wants him to go. i wouldnt begrudge the lad trying to win it elsewhere though. and he surely knows deep down hes never going to get his hands on the pl trophy while benitez has a hole in his arse.

and Lampard should leave Chelsea to win a European cup? What Collymore is saying is just based on the fact he'd rather see Gerrard somewhere other than Liverpool the same as the rest of the media as it would suit their agenda better, because it would be easier to hate us outright then.

I just laughed out loud when I read the title, don't think that or the bit he's written deserves anything more.

You know that thing where you see yourself and your actions from other peoples perspectives? I wonder if Collymore actually knows how to do that? If he doesn't and learns one day he's in for a big fucking shock.

The problem with the popularity of football is that fucking idiots like Collymore have a voice. He fucked up his own career and his personal life since his retirement has been a fucking joke, so why exactly does he have a column? To write sensationalist bullshit like this, or more appropriately, have someone else write it and put his name to it.

I saw the thread name, thought 'typical Collymore drivel trying to be controversial' and then I thought to myself, 'I wonder who'll be the first to predict the next 6 or 7 years at the club and agree with him?' I even made a little bet with myself as to whop from this site would say "yeah, but he's right". Turns out I owe myself a chinese takeaway! I love winning bets.

It's not that far-fetched though surely.

Just because The National Town Crier/Mr Shouty Without Capitals is yeowling it doesn't make it so fantastic.

Gerrard won't stay in a deteriorating mid-table side. If Torres left and we're up shit creek he wouldn't stay to be a Le tissier-style paddle.

As long as City & the Chavs continue playing with monopoly money whilst everyone else doesn't then he could equally have written "Fabregas must quit Arse to win the PL" or "Rooney must quit the Mancs to win another PL"

In that sense it is true but the key issue is how long any sporting competition can remain relevant when every competitior is obeying utterly different rules (If i was to race around an empty M25 in a Porsche whilst Lewis Hamilton was in a Sinclair C5 then i would win, but why the fuck would anyone give a shit?)

Softshite has linked it inextricably to Rafa. It applies more so to the owners, surely?

Collymore's typical OTT approach doesn't hide the fact that it's week after week after week of bad coverage now, even this morning's local reports have trashed Saturday's performance.

Amidst the hysteria there are some valid concerns.

Gerrard won't stay in a deteriorating mid-table side. If Torres left and we're up shit creek he wouldn't stay to be a Le tissier-style paddle.

Couple of very big IF's there!

Stan Collymore doing what Stan does, confusing dramatic statements with insight comments!

Said it before, YOU can question who says what, i'm sure Nick Griffin offers the odd comment on immigration that is a 'fair point', Stan Collymore refused to play against Boro in 97' cos he had a 'cold' and we had no other strikers available, so you can forgive me if I ignore everything that the odious dogging wife beating gobshite says.

The enemies enemy is my freind is a dangerous philosophy.

The enemies enemy is my freind is a dangerous philosophy.

Bit snide that isn't it? I hate the cunt as much as anyone, but I'd hazard a guess that if this season gets worse he won't be the only one saying this.

Put it this way; I'll be keeping a close eye on Henry 'ER' Winter in the coming weeks!

Bit snide that isn't it? I hate the cunt as much as anyone, but I'd hazard a guess that if this season gets worse he won't be the only one saying this.

Put it this way; I'll be keeping a close eye on Henry 'ER' Winter in the coming weeks!

It is a bit snide, yes. I thought about editing it out, but i'm getting fed up reading this shite, we will be quoting Mark Bright next!

Henry Winter has nailed his colours firmly to the mast and it is an undeniable fact that if you base your argument on loose facts then you lose your argument. Too much shite flying around at the moment, criticism aimed at Rafa for the performance on the pitch is fair, but I get the impression some of these arguments have been gathering dust for a year or two.

It's a bit like criticising Rafa for selling Bellamy! We haven't heard a peep about this decision for the past two years as Bellamy has been indifferent to say the least, now, two years later people are offering him up as concrete proof of Rafa's lack of judgement!

There doesn't seem to be any perspective anymore where we are concerned.