You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kirkby knocked back.

Dicko

Two summers ago, talks took place about a joint stadium at Central Docks.

The Council were obviously up for it and so were Everton. We were the ones who were cool on the idea.

But things have obviously changed and if we're under pressure from the banks, which we are, then I think it will happen.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two summers ago, talks took place about a joint stadium at Central Docks.

The Council were obviously up for it and so were Everton. We were the ones who were cool on the idea.

But things have obviously changed and if we're under pressure from the banks, which we are, then I think it will happen.

It's inevitable, no way will it not happen

Do Bayern pay the majority of the bills? Am I reading your post right there?

No the bills would be shared or at least each club will pay for their own separately.

But to the outside world if it's built in Stanley park & it's The HKS design or another with a huge Kop at one end, it will be intrinsically linked to our club rather than theirs.

200+ mill?

I doubt it.

The council and the NWDA have been pushing this for years and two years ago, the money was there to make sure this happened if the clubs were up for it.

Whether that is still there now considering the amount of cuts both agencies are facing remains to be seen. But there will be funding of some sorts if they decided to go ahead with it.

Didn't Bradley say that £200m was very real?

He has also said that his party wouldn't put up council tax, that there would be no cut backs in jobs and services, and that he wouldn't change his hairstyle while he was in office. He only got one of those things right. Fuck Bradley, fuck Everton, fuck the Yanks and fuck the groundshare.

Never forget that Gillett originally factored groundshare into his bid for the club - he only changed this to keep Moores and Parry happy. At a conference in north America on sports ownership earlier this year, Gillett announced that he would have liked a groundshare but it was "politically impossible". Well, guess what - now it's politically possible. Everything points towards groundshare - political pressure from both local and central government; the 2018 bid (which will loosen the finances and provide a time-pressure for a decision) ; the desperation of the Yanks to start building; the fact that it is simply too expensive for us to build our own ground. Financially and economically, it makes sense - the only thing stopping it will be the hostility of both sets of fans, but business decisions are never made on emotion, I'm afraid. It will happen

We'll end up with an anodyne and bland design, probably on Stanley Park, which will do its best to offend neither side. In other words, a version of the Parry Bowl.

Why don't we just merge the two clubs, or "franchises"?

I doubt that bits right Al. I cant see the blues wanting to go halves on a stadium designed by us.

It would be nightmare. Would they sit on the kop for thier home games even against us? What colour would the place be (seats etc)

2 trophy rooms (1 larger one) etc etc.

Who would play the first match.

Then there are the statues gates and the memorial.

Don't get that coop. If we have a 73,000 shared stadium and we fill it, I imagine we don't have to give everton half of the takings.

I see what your saying Al and obviously i don't know the financial ins and outs of the new stadium.

A few things regards the money though is we are bound to want naming rights for the new stadium so both clubs will have to decide which deal is best for them as we would be splitting the income.

Another factor been the corporate events that would be happening every week we would be expected to share that even thought there is the possibility we sell more corporate boxes when its Liverpool at home rather then Everton.

There is various other factors but one thing is for sure if Gillett and Hicks thought it was benefical for them they wouldn't think twice about groundshare regardless to the fans feelings towards it.

From where Rob. Ours like most councils are skint plus is it right that so much public money be spent on something that only about 50-60K max of the city's population will attend ?

They will be able to wing it along with the re-generation plan. And possibly re-opening the Bootle railway line.

Jobs a good un for them.

I think the yank cunts will be licking their lips at the prospect. Instead of £350m, they will probably get a new ground for £100m or even less.