You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There are two types of fans.

Jens

A. The one who lives for the club, thinks about what´s best for the club. Always recognizing that managing a football team is a lot harder than pundits and ex-players try to make it. Not only a genuine supporter of the club he loves but also a keen observer of football in general.

B. The one whose life depends on how many trophies the club win. He is so fed up with life he believes trophies is the only way he will look better in the eyes of others. Takes it personal when the team is struggling and unable to enjoy watching other teams play well without getting anxious and starting to panic.

Today players are getting a lot of stick for their wage demands but some supporters are just as greedy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A. The one who lives for the club, thinks about what´s best for the club. Always recognizing that managing a football team is a lot harder than pundits and ex-players try to make it. Not only a genuine supporter of the club he loves but also a keen observer of football in general.

B. The one whose life depends on how many trophies the club win. He is so fed up with life he believes trophies is the only way he will look better in the eyes of others. Takes it personal when the team is struggling and unable to enjoy watching other teams play well without getting anxious and starting to panic.

Today players are getting a lot of stick for their wage demands but some supporters are just as greedy.

Utter Nonsense.

Getting fed up with Rafa doesn't constitute being greedy, blind and basing success on trophies.

If I didn't care I wouldn't waste time posting.

The first 10 years of my life I was brought up on champagne and caviar in footballing terms, trophy after trophy, season after season. Defeats, rare as they were, used to hurt. Now it doesn't. What hurts is spending thousands of pound a year following the team when theres a million and one more important things but you do it because you are a FAN. But when you're coming home with your mates sick to the pit of your stomach because you've been watching the same game for the last five years and the manager is making decisions which EVERYONE around you disagrees with thats when it becomes bad.

Believe it or not, winning isn't always enjoyable, and defeats aren't always horrible, its what is going on that pitch for 90 minutes, 50 odd games a season that matters.

Wow. Seems like you've got this whole supporter thing sussed right there Jens.

I'm torn though; I quite like football in general and I imagine managing a football team and managing the commercial, PR, tactical, human, and organisational aspects of a large group of employees might be a more complex and challenging role than that of a milkman. I want what's best for my club.

However, I have a life outside my support, so I couldn't honestly say I live for my team. It's probably because of this that I'm able to survive quite happily even when we don't win a trophy. I'm sure I'd still knock 'em bandy even if I supported Marine, so while I'm one greedy bastard, it's not necessarily trophies that will satisfy my appetite.

Which box should I go in? Shall I flip/flop?

C Post op transexuals i.e my fine self.

Today players are getting a lot of stick for their wage demands but some supporters are just as greedy, at the end of the day I just want a big old minge.

Fair do's.

Utter Nonsense.

Getting fed up with Rafa doesn't constitute being greedy, blind and basing success on trophies.

If I didn't care I wouldn't waste time posting.

The first 10 years of my life I was brought up on champagne and caviar in footballing terms, trophy after trophy, season after season. Defeats, rare as they were, used to hurt. Now it doesn't. What hurts is spending thousands of pound a year following the team when theres a million and one more important things but you do it because you are a FAN. But when you're coming home with your mates sick to the pit of your stomach because you've been watching the same game for the last five years and the manager is making decisions which EVERYONE around you disagrees with thats when it becomes bad.

Believe it or not, winning isn't always enjoyable, and defeats aren't always horrible, its what is going on that pitch for 90 minutes, 50 odd games a season that matters.

Is this the same 'everyone' who thought Gerrard wasn't a right midfielder and yet he went on to score 23 goals?

Is this the same 'everyone' who thought Gerrard wasn't a SS and it was negative to play only Torres up front?

Is this the same 'everyone' that thought Torres would never score us enough goals?

Is this the same everyone that thought taking Mascherano out of the WHU reserves was a joke?

Is this the same everyone that couldn't believe we bought Yossi Benayoun, only for him to go on and be an extremely important memeber of the team?

Is this the same everyone that laughed at us buying Peter Crouch, only for them same twats to ridicule Rafa for not keeping him?

Is this the same everyone who thought rotation was a 'useless foreign approach' until super Fergie started using it?

Get a FUCKING bit of PERSPECTIVE. As soon as you and everyone else start realising that history has fuck all to do with anything now then maybe you can get up off your knees and start smelling your own crap. Football is now money orientated. We are in the worst position relatively to our rivals in our history, and that is fact.

'Ah but Rafa has money and he wastes it' - who the fuck doesn't? Look at the fucking money Mourinho chucked away at Chelsea and Inter (400m spent in 5 years and with no need to sell to fund) and still couldn't win a CL. Look at the scattergun approach Fergie uses.

But look at what Rafa has brought instead of being a negative cunt. We were closer to the title last year than we have been in 20 years and yet Rafa can't even have the money he earned from the sales of Alonso, Keane, Leto, Arbeloa and others. Rafa has questions to answer, certainly, but he is nowhere near the main culprit(s).

WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO GO TOE TO TOE WITH OUR RIVALS. GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL.

A.

as has been mentioned, some supporters spend thousands a year following the team, even to "glorious" places like Hull. Do you think they do that because they are greedy? They do it because they support the team through thick and thin.

You're talking shite mate, big style.

as has been mentioned, some supporters spend thousands a year following the team, even to "glorious" places like Hull. Do you think they do that because they are greedy? They do it because they support the team through thick and thin.

You're talking shite mate, big style.

So because you spend money on travelling around the country you deserve to have trophies? I think you should be supporting Newcastle mate.

So because you spend money on travelling around the country you deserve to have trophies? I think you should be supporting Newcastle mate.

Who said anything about deserving to have trophies?

my point was about greed. You're not greedy if you go to places and freeze your bollox off to watch your team. No idea where the fuck you got the trophy thing from.

Is this the same 'everyone' who thought Gerrard wasn't a right midfielder and yet he went on to score 23 goals?

Is this the same 'everyone' who thought Gerrard wasn't a SS and it was negative to play only Torres up front?

Is this the same 'everyone' that thought Torres would never score us enough goals?

Is this the same everyone that thought taking Mascherano out of the WHU reserves was a joke?

Is this the same everyone that couldn't believe we bought Yossi Benayoun, only for him to go on and be an extremely important memeber of the team?

Is this the same everyone that laughed at us buying Peter Crouch, only for them same twats to ridicule Rafa for not keeping him?

Is this the same everyone who thought rotation was a 'useless foreign approach' until super Fergie started using it?

Get a FUCKING bit of PERSPECTIVE. As soon as you and everyone else start realising that history has fuck all to do with anything now then maybe you can get up off your knees and start smelling your own crap. Football is now money orientated. We are in the worst position relatively to our rivals in our history, and that is fact.

'Ah but Rafa has money and he wastes it' - who the fuck doesn't? Look at the fucking money Mourinho chucked away at Chelsea and Inter (400m spent in 5 years and with no need to sell to fund) and still couldn't win a CL. Look at the scattergun approach Fergie uses.

But look at what Rafa has brought instead of being a negative cunt. We were closer to the title last year than we have been in 20 years and yet Rafa can't even have the money he earned from the sales of Alonso, Keane, Leto, Arbeloa and others. Rafa has questions to answer, certainly, but he is nowhere near the main culprit(s).

WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO GO TOE TO TOE WITH OUR RIVALS. GET IT THROUGH YOUR SKULL.

Probably the same 'EVERYBODY' who thinks £20m on an injured player was a bit of a gamble but the manager probably knows best, only to watch in disbelief as the £20m fit player stays on the bench.

Probably the same 'EVERYBODY' who was delighted with last year's run-in to the end of season, knew strength in depth and over-reliance on Torres and Gerrard was a problem and watches in disbelief as we start the season with a POORER squad.

Most sensible people didn't kick off at the issues you mention. There are more fundamental problems now - squad strength and the £20m on a non-player (yes, he'll play eventually: one to watch for 2010-11 eh?) are the signs of bad management.

"History has fuck all to do with anything now", you say. It's over 4 years since Istanbul. Over three years since a trophy.

Who said anything about deserving to have trophies?

my point was about greed. You're not greedy if you go to places and freeze your bollox off to watch your team. No idea where the fuck you got the trophy thing from.

Apologies mate but what are you implying if you say you aren't greedy because you go to matches?