You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Order of the Star

Juniper

What order of star wars would you show a first timer?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What order of star wars would you show a first timer?

Currently sat with the other half currently Revenge of the Sith on tv. Now she's never seen a single star wars film and is asking me every question under the sun about it.

It's not going well to be honest, she thinks Yoda's an Ewok, Anakin's name is Anakin Luke and chewbacca is called 'chewtobacco'....I've given up.

The questions in the past hour led me to ponder however that if you have kids what order of each trilogy would you show them in for their first time?.

Personally I'd show them in them in the order I grew up with, the final three then the first three showing how Anakin become Darth Vader. It's an area I'm also interested in the younger people on here, the ones who were young'uns when The Phantom Menace came out.

Think showing 4-6 first would be better myself, as they have the story of how Anakin turned to the dark side last, rather having their first experiences of the series ruined by the first two shockingly bad films.

Edited by Juniper

Was thinking the very same about 5 minutes ago with my 4 month son rolling about on the floor.

"When you're older boy, you and daddy with have a day of watching SW in the order that I watched them."

The other half then piped in saying that she would take herself out for the day whenever I do this, so double whammy!

Was thinking the very same about 5 minutes ago with my 4 month son rolling about on the floor.

"When you're older boy, you and daddy with have a day of watching SW in the order that I watched them."

The other half then piped in saying that she would take herself out for the day whenever I do this, so double whammy!

Good work, I said the same to the other half but I didn't get a possitive responce. Your boy doesn't know the treat he's got waiting for him.

(can a mod change the title to 'Order of The Star-a thread about Star Wars'?)

Watch 4-6 first. They make pretty good sense in that trilogy anyway. The flash gordon style intro gives you all the info you need.

If you want to "see" the history leading up to Ep IV A New Hope, then you can sit through the political shannanagins of Episodes 1 to 3.

I too caught the end of Revenge of the Sith last night and the thing that hit me most is that despite how impressive the effects of the light sabre battles and all is that you knew who was going to die or survive. Who wasn't shocked on first viewing when Obi Wan copped it against Vader.

Watch 4-6 first. They make pretty good sense in that trilogy anyway. The flash gordon style intro gives you all the info you need.

If you want to "see" the history leading up to Ep IV A New Hope, then you can sit through the political shannanagins of Episodes 1 to 3.

I too caught the end of Revenge of the Sith last night and the thing that hit me most is that despite how impressive the effects of the light sabre battles and all is that you knew who was going to die or survive. Who wasn't shocked on first viewing when Obi Wan copped it against Vader.

The writing in the new ones was woeful.

A prime example of this was in RotS. Anakin said "If you're not with me, you are my enemy" to which Obi Wan replies "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

ONLY A SITH DEALS IN ABSOLUTES!!

What the fuck? How did that get past them? That means Obi Wan Kenobi is a fucking sith!