You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Insua, Ability & Experience

Red Nick

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put Insua in the the same bracket as Arbeloa. You won't cost you the game but he won't win you the game.

Personally, I think LB is the one area we can invest in significantly. We have enough central defenders and midfielders. We could use a spare forward but I think that would be a luxury as when Nando is fit they would never play.

We could use the equivalent to Johnson for the left side. I say sell Dosenna for what we can, take the 12 mil, and buy this guy.

YouTube - Juan Vargas the Best Soccer Player

He has it all. Pace, skill and height. We would then rely less on the midfield for creativity and we could swith to a 3-4-3 against the smaller teams.

Real have been sniffing so may be unrealistic. I can only dream...

I put Insua in the the same bracket as Arbeloa. You won't cost you the game but he won't win you the game.

Personally, I think LB is the one area we can invest in significantly. We have enough central defenders and midfielders. We could use a spare forward but I think that would be a luxury as when Nando is fit they would never play.

We could use the equivalent to Johnson for the left side. I say sell Dosenna for what we can, take the 12 mil, and buy this guy.

YouTube - Juan Vargas the Best Soccer Player

He has it all. Pace, skill and height. We would then rely less on the midfield for creativity and we could swith to a 3-4-3 against the smaller teams.

Real have been sniffing so may be unrealistic. I can only dream...

We've got one very attack minded full back, I'd rather we stuck with someone solid on the left. Any money we get could and should be used to improve other areas of the team.

And if those posts are the ones that resonate with you and you choose to focus on instead of the ones providing insight and context then well, your what seems to me a polarized opinion, is understandable.

*poos in hat and hands back*

You've just done a poo in your own hat. Urgh.

Edited by Paul

I have watched Insua's progress through the Liverpool team and he was superb for the Reserves.

He then showed pace and was able to sprint up and down the left side with ease but like its been posted he is up against wingers with more pace and skill then what he was facing then.

His defending during his spell in the reserves was questionable and i think it was that holding back but slowly and surely he is improving that side of his game.

One thing that does need remembering is that for people to give Spearing the benefit of the doubt because he is a youngster and will get better with experience then the same has to apply to Insua.

Personally i think the lad has a big future at Liverpool and will get better as he gets older as he improves his positional sense which is something you learn through experience.

No. He weren't fast enough anyway. And I think him not being quick contributes somewhat to his shit defending.

shit defending is well out of line IMO. He's been done a dew times this season, but he's been done by experienced players who will have done the same to many more defenders than just him. He's a young lad who is facing ths calibre of player for the first time in his short career. To say he is shit at defending is just so unfairly critical of a lad at this stage of his development.

If he fails to learn from it, and he becomes a regular weak link and is still that weak link in 12-18 months time, then ok, maybe the criticism will be fair, but right now, he needs to be cut some slack.

The argument that we should have a better first choice left back is far more valid, but thats hardly his fault. He's doing all i think any of us could ask for from him right now. Lets give him a chance to prove himself before the knives come out.

One thing that does need remembering is that for people to give Spearing the benefit of the doubt because he is a youngster and will get better with experience then the same has to apply to Insua.

Personally i think the lad has a big future at Liverpool and will get better as he gets older as he improves his positional sense which is something you learn through experience.

I'm sorry coop but it doesn't apply to Spearing. Insua is an Argie international and been through their youth teams. He is at another level and people say this isnt good enough so what does that tell you

The bar is really high at Liverpool, you have to be awesome and have a lot about you to be considered good enough.

I'm sorry coop but it doesn't apply to Spearing. Insua is an Argie international and been through their youth teams. He is at another level and people say this isnt good enough so what does that tell you

The bar is really high at Liverpool, you have to be awesome and have a lot about you to be considered good enough.

That their wrong.