You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"How I turned a Torres Hat Trick into a criticism of Rafa" By Chris Bascombe

hamstrung

I have checked for you. We wouldn't want a witch hunt to get off on the wrong foot, after all.

The exact words, after discussing the fact Keane scored 4 ("showing Benitez what he can do" apparently) are "Shame Rafa didn't play the 2 of them together..."

If he'd done that 12 months ago, he'd probably still be here. Shame really, if Voronin had some competition for the role of Ngog's back-up he might raise his game.

As for the article, that's some lazy, lowest common denominator shit right there. That's a generous interpretation by the way.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. Most write offs on the front and back pages of newspapers have little to do with the writer given the byline.

Hey Count, would a ‘superb journalist’ just sit idly by and allow his name to be attached to an article he had nothing to do with?

Also, I’ve got the impression from some of your earlier contributions that you have been unimpressed with our current custodians; are you now ‘giving them some slack’ on the back of the ‘record shirt sponsorship deal’, ‘drive for a record stadium sponsorship deal’, and ‘ambitious spending plans for the next five years’, amongst other things?

The article that he did write, apologetic drivel for our custodians, was even worse.

Basco’s Boys are strangely quiet on that, preferring instead to engage in the old it-wasn’t-him-it-was-a-pesky-sub-editor routine.

Shortly the apologists will be claiming that Bascombe doesn’t write anything at all in the NOTW as they are just paying him for the use of his name. It will certainly make an interesting entry on his CV:

2007 - Present: Worked as a nom de plume at the News of the World.

:D

Would this be the same Count who outed them as lying cunts before we even signed Torres?

Hey Count, would a ‘superb journalist’ just sit idly by and allow his name to be attached to an article he had nothing to do with?

Also, I’ve got the impression from some of your earlier contributions that you have been unimpressed with our current custodians; are you now ‘giving them some slack’ on the back of the ‘record shirt sponsorship deal’, ‘drive for a record stadium sponsorship deal’, and ‘ambitious spending plans for the next five years’, amongst other things?

Hence I was asking if he has changed his mind.

Nah, people should just fucking get over themselves.

Says the man who keeps a candle permanently alight, wears black every day, and has resolved never to see another man, all because we got rid of Alonso. You were a hop, skip and a jump away from threatening to turn yourself into a human fireball, like a crazed asylum seeker that has just had their application to stay turned down.

Says the man who keeps a candle permanently alight, wears black every day, and has resolved never to see another man, all because we got rid of Alonso. You were a hop, skip and a jump away from threatening to turn yourself into a human fireball, like a crazed asylum seeker that has just had their application to stay turned down.

Is that you, mum?

• 3 weeks later...

He might say that Liverpool were really unlucky and the goal should not have stood, and that the pressure we put on the Sunderland goal in the last 5 miutes warranted an equaliser. Then you won't be able to have a pop at him. But, if he says we were rubbish and looked disaffected, short of ideas, confidence and commitment, with the players not seeming to know what was required of them, then you'll be able to have a right go at him, regardless of the fact that he would have been telling the truth.

I watched the game and have my own views on it, resulting in my own critical and wildly malevolent feelings towards members of the club I support. I won't be reading what any cunt journalist has to write on our defeat, particularly little fat, cunt, Murdoch shilling grasping, twattable little twats like Bascombe. And before anyone points out that Tony Barratt also works for the paedophile's cartel, fuck him and his worthless views too. All journalists are self-serving, arse-licking toads and their opinions are as worthless as mine. Though the turds that work for Murdoch's rags are worth just a little bit less.