You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Rafa Really be saying this?

Red Nick

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I must add, the senior players have never looked so disheartened after Rafas back up striker Voronin came on Monday.

We can moan about no funds until the sun comes up but at the end of the day he must of rated him to sign him in the first place.

Gerrard doesnt look happy and I would back him over the manager any day.

To be fair though he was shit against Villa. And Carra's been no great shakes either yet. If we want silverware our main men can't have too many off days like the last few weeks.

He needs to be kicking the arses of the likes of Babel, Lucas and about ten others not men who have been superhuman at times for this club and who are going through a lack of form.

There is only so much the senior players can do. Others need to start stepping up to the plate as well now which sadly doesn't look like happening in Babel and Lucas' case. They can't always rely on Stevie to bail them out. Even the greats like Kenny et al suffered dips in form. Gerrard has had one bad game. Lucas on a good day is not fit to wipe Gerrard's arse on a bad day.

I keep being told Lucas has done well this season? Where? He just hasn't done anything wrong that is all. Can someone tell me where he has played well and what they constitute as him playing well?

Edited by Juan Galonso

He needs to be kicking the arses of the likes of Babel, Lucas and about ten others not men who have been superhuman at times for this club and who are going through a lack of form.

There is only so much the senior players can do. Others need to start stepping up to the plate as well now which sadly doesn't look like happening in Babel and Lucas' case.

Totally agree, but that doesn't mean they should be exempt from criticism. I recall Babel being given a kick up arse in the last few weeks as well, but I could be wrong. In my eyes there's only 3 players that should escape a bollocking on the evidence so far this season.

Totally agree, but that doesn't mean they should be exempt from criticism. I recall Babel being given a kick up arse in the last few weeks as well, but I could be wrong. In my eyes there's only 3 players that should escape a bollocking on the evidence so far this season.

Reina, Johnson......?

There is only so much the senior players can do. Others need to start stepping up to the plate as well now which sadly doesn't look like happening in Babel and Lucas' case. They can't always rely on Stevie to bail them out. Even the greats like Kenny et al suffered dips in form. Gerrard has had one bad game. Lucas on a good day is not fit to wipe Gerrard's arse on a bad day.

I keep being told Lucas has done well this season? Where? He just hasn't done anything wrong that is all. Can someone tell me where he has played well and what they constitute as him playing well?

Very true, in fact i remember Dalglish was once dropped by( i think) fagan, not rested like today, dropped, as in not deemed good enough to be in the starting 11. I have to admit to being a Benitez supporter on the whole but in no way should he be having a pop ( and argue all you like, but when you strip away the code speak that's exactly what

it is) at Gerrard, a man who's ridiculously herculean talents have kept our head above water for so many years. As has been said, why not save the hoof up the arse for the horseshit like Babel, Lucas and Voronin?

I'd put a lot worse on, why dont fucking idoits like you put "rafa can do no wrong" on your sig.

Why did balague have a dig at carra and Gerrard today in the mirror? wonder who put him up to that.

I'm made up he is going after Gerrard and Carra, made up, can't wait to see Gerrards reaction should he score tomorrow.

Aye, i have to admit Al, i noticed that

Fair do's.

Don't think Insua has actually been all that good, but fair enough.

Don't think he's been good as in Johnson good. But seeing as he's still a young player he's come in been pretty solid amongst the dross. Long term I'd obviously hope for a bit more from him.

In our heyday when we had one or two players off form other players would step up the plate one week then so on and so on.

Why can't we expect that now then? Have our standards slipped that much?

The fact we've not won the league in 19 years should answer that. It's not like our heyday was about 5 years ago.

The fact we've not won the league in 19 years should answer that. It's not like our heyday was about 5 years ago.

Even in the likes of the treble season we had that match winning mentality where certain players would win games for us if others were having an off day. The squad we have now is a joke compared to that squad and that was only 8 years ago.

There was class and experience throughout it on the whole. Now I see a few outstanding players and a LOT of average ones. Chalk and cheese.

Even in the likes of the treble season we had that match winning mentality where certain players would win games for us if others were having an off day. The squad we have now is a joke compared to that squad and that was only 8 years ago.

There was class and experience throughout it on the whole. Now I see a few outstanding players and a LOT of average ones. Chalk and cheese.

Swings and roundabouts for me. Some areas I think we're better now, some not.

At least then though you could always throw Henchoz in goal if it went tits up.........