You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Yeah, one is a good player, and one isn't!

One is a shite attacking midfielder who only scores from penalties while the other is a good defensive midfielder with great ability to break up play and while doing so also helps his team keep the ball as his passing is superior.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Parker is better than Barry? Somebody better tell Capello quick!

Capello does not actually have a great record picking CM, I`m almost shocked he has not talked his pet, Emerson, into changing his nationality so he can pick him for England despite the fact he is utter shite.

The fact he could not work together with probably the greatest CM the last 20 years is more than enough evidence for me.

One is a shite attacking midfielder who only scores from penalties while the other is a good defensive midfielder with great ability to break up play and while doing so also helps his team keep the ball as his passing is superior.

Parker is at best a decent player, who handles his role without too many mistakes, or dazzling moments.

He's at the level he should be playing. Period.

Capello does not actually have a great record picking CM, I`m almost shocked he has not talked his pet, Emerson, into changing his nationality so he can pick him for England despite the fact he is utter shite.

The fact he could not work together with probably the greatest CM the last 20 years is more than enough evidence for me.

?

Catalan press today claim that Barca are now looking at de Rossi (Roma) as an alternative to El Jefe - apparently we are asking too much money for him and they are not willing to go much above 20m euros (in your dreams Laporta - that will get you his left leg at most!). So hopefully that's good news.

Xabi to madrid for 30m euros seems to be the consensus by the way

Guest simon
Catalan press today claim that Barca are now looking at de Rossi (Roma) as an alternative to El Jefe - apparently we are asking too much money for him and they are not willing to go much above 20m euros (in your dreams Laporta - that will get you his left leg at most!). So hopefully that's good news.

De Rossi is not for sale at any price according to Roma i read the other day.

Barca are a joke. He cost us more than that. They can fuck right off with their €20m, unless they want to sign Dossena with that.

Its about time we showed some bollocks and strong arm tactics in transfer negotiations.

Parker is a good player and if we are going to bring in an English CM he would be my first choice from those probably availible.

I think he is a much better player than Barry just to mention that, his passing is superior and when it comes to interceptions, tackling etc his numbers are almost identical with Mascherano.

Playerinfo |Telegraph

I think he would be a good addition to our team if we are losing Mascherano, he might not be as fast as Mascherano, but his reading if the game is great and you cant question his heart and determination either.

He gets injured a lot because of his playing style though and thats the one negative argument I can think of.

:P

I think we are paying ridiculous money for him, but hopefully it means we might have a bigger transfer budget than what we are led to believe.

If not I think we should spent the money elsewhere.

I think we are paying ridiculous money for him, but hopefully it means we might have a bigger transfer budget than what we are led to believe.

If not I think we should spent the money elsewhere.

Lets be honest you dont really know what were paying, no doubt there will be a league win clause in there so i wont cry if thats triggered

Doseena's value in Italy must have plumeted like a lead balloon after last nights howler!!

We will be lucky to offload him now!

Johnson is defintely needed, particularly as we have probably already pissed off Arbeloa by going for Johnson. Had we failed to sign him we would have another Alonso situation. Although, having said that Xabi did raise his game last season, pity that he still feels the hurt!

Mash will be a big loss, however if he is being 'pecked at' by her indoors, there is not much we can hope for! Best deal would be a stay of execution for a year, give us chance to recruit/train a proper replacement.