You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Animal Sponsor Thread 2009

Lurtz

2008 was a good year for a chimp called Kyko. Twenty-odd off us chipped in a fiver each and sponsored the rollerskating hairy dude from Spain.

I'm thinking we should do something similar this year and I'm more than happy to organise it again. I feel a bit chimped out though so I thought I'd throw it open. Can we get a list of worthy animals to sponsor the fuck out of this year, and I'll get on some research.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

I'd be in for that again Mike. At the risk of going completely off kilter here though mate, has the idea been brought up about helping out with kids from the developing world or helping out a family there (contributing to medicine or books for a school for example); or are we keeping this strictly to animals?

To be honest, I'm happy either way as if it's for a good cause.

Right, mongs. I've been having a look and come up with these:

Adoptions - Select an Animal

Knowsley

If we can decide on a sponsorship from one of these two places some or most of us will actually get to see the lucky bastard we've sponsored and maybe get some pics up on the GF.

I'm not a great fan of zoos although I haven't been to Chester zoo since I was a kid. Anyone know if it's decent?

Also, sponsorship with either of the above is cheaper than Monkeyworld which will make life easier for me which is what really matters here.

If we're sponsoring the fucker shouldn't we get naming rights?

I vote him and we get to call him Monty

No. Not another ape. And to quote a forumite (can't remember who) from this time last year "Gibbons are shit." That's still one of my favourite ever posts on the GF.

I'd be up for something but I'd really prefer to do something like this.

If that's a no-go, of your two choices I'd prefer Chezzy Zoo and to select the animal that least attracts sponsorship. Quick email?

Good god. We can get an epileptic labrador? That might prove quite a temptation.

Thing with this year though is that I'd really like to keep it local to Liverpool so people can visit. I'll email the zoo but if it turns out that the least sponsored animal is some poncey fucking tree frog it can fuck completely off and we'll get a tiger.

I'd be up for something but I'd really prefer to do something like this.

If that's a no-go, of your two choices I'd prefer Chezzy Zoo and to select the animal that least attracts sponsorship. Quick email?

I'm liking this idea... PDSA is very worthy of a few quid.. Especially for Sarah the Asthmatic Cat - will they have to shave her?

Giving money to animal charities annoys me. If I were a far less discerning poster I would line up a gag about it being one of my pet hates, but I won't, as that would be very, very weak.

I know it's people being nice but in the battle for a few quid cats have to lose to kids.

Giving money to animal charities annoys me. If I were a far less discerning poster I would line up a gag about it being one of my pet hates, but I won't, as that would be very, very weak.

I know it's people being nice but in the battle for a few quid cats have to lose to kids.

Hmmm thats a toughy alright I cant stand cats but kids are equally as annoying - why dont we settle on a dog?

Monty you big fanny. Like AS IF I'm into charitable giving, abbrogation of governmental responsibilites, etc. etc. but this is different; this is the GF. This is life. Edited by rb14
Forgot to rep zeke. Remedied.

It's got to be from Knowsley Safari Park. When we have chosen the meanest fucker there, I can drive through and liberate the bastard. It's only 10 minutes away and I can just jump out and stick it in the boot of my car when I drive through his section.

He can then be used to eliminate annoying Neighbours, nuisance Kids, bad Drivers and twats in general.

It's got to be from Knowsley Safari Park. When we have chosen the meanest fucker there, I can drive through and liberate the bastard. It's only 10 minutes away and I can just jump out and stick it in the boot of my car when I drive through his section.

He can then be used to eliminate annoying Neighbours, nuisance Kids, bad Drivers and twats in general.

What, even if it's a marmoset?

I did not get involved in the last sponsorship but after reading about it now (late or what?) I realise I may have met our monkey mate as I went to Monkeyworld the other year . I think there is a photo of me there on TLW gallery .

Edited by grazywalker
Shite English