You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MOTO GP BACK ON EUROSPORT !

Bellflower

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's not really suprising that Stoner won the Qatar race though. Hasn't he won all of them since it started? He's a cracking rider (which is a fairly obvious statement considering that he's a former world champion), but you have to wonder how much of it is down to the bike. The Ducati is so much quicker than any of the other bikes. Rossi's still an absolute legend and an all time sporting great.

Good races by Dozy, Kallio, and De Angelis too and Vermuelen did really well to get that shitebox Suzuki into the top ten too.

The 250s was awesome too. There's as much entertainment in the lower capacities as there is in the top class.

I really rate Dovizioso and Vermeulen Sanch, top riders and Champs of the future.

There is no doubt that the Duke is faster and a better bike than the Yamaha, but that didn't stop Rossi last season mind. Stoner is also a top rider and I cant see beyond him for the title this season.

Did you see De Angelis broadside Danny Pedrosa? How the fuck Pedrosa stayed on is beyond me.

The 500 is as strong as its been for years talentwise and the 250 is proper entertainment.

Absolutely. It's by far my favourite sport outside football.

I don't think Vermeulen will ever be world champion. Most of the factory teams take riders from the 250's rather than existing GP riders now. Vermeulen's very unlikely to get a chance at a big team in my opinion.

Dozy's a whole other kettle of fish. I can see him, Stoner and Lorenzo being the title contenders for a long time if Rossi does indeed leave GP. After Rossi, Lorenzo is my favourite because he just does not give a fuck. He's all about the "Win or bin" style, much like myself to be honest.

Oh, and I like Nicky Hayden too. I like how he always looks like he's right on the edge.

Not sure Hayden is good enough at 500 level to be honest.

Outside of Rossi, who would you say are the top 5 500 riders you have seen?

Mick Doohan, Kenny Roberts snr, Barry Sheene, Freddy Spencer and Wayne Rainey wouldn't be far off the top that I have seen.

To be honest, I'd probably go with exactly the same five as you! Doohan was an ice cold champion. He's a terribly smug tosser in real life apparently. There's others that people talk about in similar terms like Surtees, Hailwood and Agostini, but they're way before my time. My grandad always used to tell me that "Agostini was unbelievable, especially for a wop". He was old school my grandad, the terrible racist.

I don't think Hayden is good enough for the top tier. When he won the championship, it was because he was on the best bike. I just like his riding style, I doubt he'll even win another race. I just like people who ride the bikes to their limits because it's more entertaining.

They aren't 500's any more by the way. The capacity was upped to 990 and then reduced to 800. Or were you keeping it Old School? Apparently the older riders get nostalgic for the 500 two strokes because the new bikes are so "dumbed down" with computer controls and safety features.

Have you read Rossi's autobiography? It's classic. He's a lunatic.

I think Stoner will walk it.

Stoner and the duc are looking good (albeit after one race on a track they usually do well on)

You dont have to look to far back though ie 2008. Rossi is sure to put him under pressure at some point in the season.

Me thinks theres a lot more to come from the two factory yams.

To be honest, I'd probably go with exactly the same five as you! Doohan was an ice cold champion. He's a terribly smug tosser in real life apparently. There's others that people talk about in similar terms like Surtees, Hailwood and Agostini, but they're way before my time. My grandad always used to tell me that "Agostini was unbelievable, especially for a wop". He was old school my grandad, the terrible racist.

I don't think Hayden is good enough for the top tier. When he won the championship, it was because he was on the best bike. I just like his riding style, I doubt he'll even win another race. I just like people who ride the bikes to their limits because it's more entertaining.

They aren't 500's any more by the way. The capacity was upped to 990 and then reduced to 800. Or were you keeping it Old School? Apparently the older riders get nostalgic for the 500 two strokes because the new bikes are so "dumbed down" with computer controls and safety features.

Have you read Rossi's autobiography? It's classic. He's a lunatic.

Cracking post that Comrade. Yeah, I was talking more old school, proper 500 riders. I've met Mick Doohan, he's sound as a bell, top fella.

My old Grandad got me into Bike racing, my Dad and Uncle were well into it aswell, my Uncle rode at the Isle of Man TT's. Granda said the same, Agostini was something special, I used to have the Bike riders top trumps when I was a Kid and Agostini was the tits. I've never had a driving licence but used to ride bikes as a kid and a teenager.

I've not read Rossi's book, read Sheene's that is a top ride, he was quality. I fucking love bike racing me, outside of Boxing its the best sport out there.

I saw agostini race at Olivers Mount Scarborough, must have been in the early to mid seventies, l was around 16 or 17 at the time. Phil Read also was a great rider. Also some guy called Jarno Saarinen wasn't bad either before he tragically lost his life

Could go on and on

Transatlantic Trophy

Kenny Roberts

Barry Sheene

bla, blah .....blah

I saw agostini race at Olivers Mount Scarborough, must have been in the early to mid seventies, l was around 16 or 17 at the time. Phil Read also was a great rider. Also some guy called Jarno Saarinen wasn't bad either before he tragically lost his life

Could go on and on

Transatlantic Trophy

Kenny Roberts

Barry Sheene

bla, blah .....blah

I just about remember Phil Read, what a rider he was. Didn't he have a brother who rode at the same time?

Stoner and the duc are looking good (albeit after one race on a track they usually do well on)

You dont have to look to far back though ie 2008. Rossi is sure to put him under pressure at some point in the season.

Me thinks theres a lot more to come from the two factory yams.

I hope you're right. Rossi has massive ability, massive balls, and an unbelievable feel for pushing a motorbike. I just think the Ducati is so strong. I'm sure Rossi will win plenty of races, but he'll also finish badly in some. Rossi's bad finishes will see him in 12th, 13th, whereas when Stoner's bad finishes will probably see him finish just shy of the podium.