You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spains Midfield 3

LFC Brian

Add Fabregas to the mix and they have the best central midfield in the world. Not much in the way of wingers, although they probably don't need them with their full backs always bombing forward. Even our Bob was charging forward at every opportunity when he came on.

Your right,but Ramos was almost a winger last night,how many times was he down the right hand side whipping crosses in.Compare it to Cashley and the myths that he is "an attacking full back" go out the window cos he is shit

I was sitting there just shaking my head in wonderment. They were absolutely fantastic. I kept changing my mind as to who was the best. I started off drooling about Xavi, the Iniesta would turn it on but as the game wore on it became obvius that our Xabi was every bit as good. He didn't waste a pass all night.

All in all - those three are top drawer.

To me Senna was fairly quiet but still effective but didn't influence tha game as much as other there but then again that is not his job.

Fernando Torres has told Barcelona to forget about trying to sign him and pledged his long-term future to Liverpool.

The Catalan giants were reportedly weighing up a bid for the Spanish hitman, who again underlined his importance to The Reds on Saturday with a superb late header to down Portsmouth.

The striker, who is preparing to face England in Wednesday night’s friendly in Seville, insists he is happy at Anfield and not considering a move away from Merseyside.

"I don't see myself playing for Real Madrid, or Barcelona or Chelsea or any other team," he said.

"I see myself playing for Liverpool. I have a long contract and that's that."

After a devastating start to life in The Premier League, Torres’ second season in England has been dogged with persistent injuries.

A niggling hamstring problem has seen the Spaniard feature in only 14 of The Reds' league fixtures this season, but the 24-year-old hopes to remain injury free for the rest of the campaign.

"This year what I am more worried about are injuries," he added. "I have had many problems since last summer but I hope I will be okay now until the end of the season."

Meanwhile, Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has handed a trial to highly-rated Danish youngster Oliver Feldballe.

The 18-year-old winger, who currently plays for Odense, will spend a week training with Liverpool’s first team in an effort to win a deal at Anfield.

Odense’s head of development Uffe Pedersen said: “We got an inquiry from Liverpool that they wish to see him in training and we have agreed to let him go there. He will be there for the rest of the week.”