You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul, we know the title isnt handed out now, but are honestly 100% happy, and confident we can play any better under Rafa?

Not sure I'm understanding this correct because OFCOURSE we can play better. We're playing awful right now. But we've played badly for a period of a season before and always come back to our usual standards.

its actually him that costs us games,

He has a part, but remember he's not the one on the pitch wearing football boots.

he doesnt instill any confidence in the players, bar his pets,

Thats what they said last year. "He's lost the players". Two weeks later we were killing teams for fun.

id bet money on Babel actually turnign into a player with another manager, as much as i think Keane is shite, we cant argue that he scored twice, was it West Brom? then gets dropped for the next game against Newcastle, sure its only recently himself and Gerrard get on

im sick of it now, just sick of it

I understand the frustration, I really do and in a way I'm playing Devils advocate, But I simply find the level of disloyalty to Rafa disgusting and thats just my honest opinion.

Fact is the same people putting the boot in were begging Rafa to give Babel a chance over Kuyt, Rafa even played him through the middle for 20 minutes the exact way MANY on here insisted would make us more attacking?

Correct me if I'm wrong (my stream being not great), didn't they get the penalty on a counter attack? This suggests to me we were going for the second goal, I certainly thought we'd upped our tempo a bit more than recent games?

As I say, I'm keeping the faith til May.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

serious question for the people making the Houllier comparisons, where would we be losing 7-10 games a season like we did with him. probably 8th?

it's nothing like Houllier.

also a new manager isnt necessarily the answer, you're relying on tom dick and harry appointing someone competent and them agreeing to Parry's player veto.

serious question for the people making the Houllier comparisons, where would we be losing 7-10 games a season like we did with him. probably 8th?

also a new manager isnt necessarily the answer, you're relying on tom dick and harry appointing someone competent and them agreeing to Parry's player veto.

Bless, it's so eerily Houllier.

Does it have to be losses? Draws are just as bad at this level especially against weak opposition.

Not sure I'm understanding this correct because OFCOURSE we can play better. We're playing awful right now. But we've played badly for a period of a season before and always come back to our usual standards.
Paul, I don't know how much of Liverpool you've actually watched this season but, apart from maybe four games we've been dog shit, grinding out wins and often riding our luck.

Well the luck has run out and now at times were struggling to grind out draws.

I really wish I could see some light at the end of the tunnel but I cant.

The comparison with GH misses one thing. GH had a life-threatening heart attack that completely changed his thinking and his attitude. Benitez has had kidney stones!!!

He is losing not just support, not just his stones, but his marbles!!!

He definitely seems to have lost his fucking stones, no question about that.

Paul, I don't know how much of Liverpool you've actually watched this season but, apart from maybe four games we've been dog shit, grinding out wins and often riding our luck.

Well the luck has run out and now at times were struggling to grind out draws.

I really wish I could see some light at the end of the tunnel but I cant.

But we were top of the table come January right? Surely we were doing something right?

Isn't this the first season where we've consistently taken points off our rivals? Even the draw at the emirates was good considering we normally lose there.

But we were top of the table come January right? Surely we were doing something right?

Isn't this the first season where we've consistently taken points off our rivals? Even the draw at the emirates was good considering we normally lose there.

Sorry to put this to you but.

Your either a WUM.

You have not really watched that much football.

Were given a pair of LFC rose tinted spectacles at Christmas.

Having Sammy in charge until the end of the season may not be as crazy as it sounds. While he was taking charge during Rafa's absence from the bench, we played some decent stuff, especially that hammering we gave Newcastle. Maybe Rafa's menacing presence and constant gesticulating on the touchline intimidates the team?

I wouldn't oppose banishing Rafa to the stands while Sammy barks out the orders.

Okay.
Im sorry but your opening statement, I've put it in bold, just set the alarm bells ringing. Then the rest of your post.

Hull were up there at the start of the season taking points of Arsenal and other teams. Look at them now.

I apologise for my last post but its just hard to take the above post seriously.

Yes, we were top, but now were third and only just. Look at the performances mate and not our league position.

Let's be honest... This year has been the worst football by a Rafa managed side. Valencia pissed all over what he's shown with Liverpool, with the possible exception being last winter/spring where Babel, Kuyt, Torres, and Gerrard were a fucking force.

He's lost the squad. He's losing the fans. The fucking owners are a nightmare.

I want to start fire bombing after the display that we've had to ENDURE since the season began because let's face it. Results can only please you so much when you are paying GOOD MONEY(fucking price hike) to watch the squad look half-arsed on the pitch.

Let's be honest... This year has been the worst football by a Rafa managed side. Valencia pissed all over what he's shown with Liverpool, with the possible exception being last winter/spring where Babel, Kuyt, Torres, and Gerrard were a fucking force.

He's lost the squad. He's losing the fans. The fucking owners are a nightmare.

I want to start fire bombing after the display that we've had to ENDURE since the season began because let's face it. Results can only please you so much when you are paying GOOD MONEY(fucking price hike) to watch the squad look half-arsed on the pitch.

It's all gone downhill since Crouchie left Lance, as I'm sure you'll agree

It's all gone downhill since Crouchie left Lance, as I'm sure you'll agree

Oddly enough, it all went uphill when Crouch was relegated to the bench as well, Stringvest.

You can draw those parallels a lot places.

It went uphill with the inclusion of Kuyt into the squad, if you want to look at it in these ways.

There will obviously be a lot of negative posts on here today so allow me to give a little perspective.

Okay - we couldn't beat Wigan (or Stoke - twice, or Fulham, or the shite - twice or West Ham or Spurs when they were in the bottom three) but that misses the point.

Wigan are a big club. Massive. Huge. So did we go there with unrealistic expectations in beating them? They were after all 2nd Division champions in 2003 and in 1999 won the Auto Windscreens Shield trophy. They are also managed by someone who is obviously astute and clearly an England manager - or the manager of one our biggest rivals in the very near future (Getting relegated with Birmingham was just a blip). So who says we have an automatic right to the points against such stellar opposition.

And then there is Rafa. Now we all know Rafa is a tactical magician and again he illustrated it last night. I was particularly impressed with the withdrawal of Nando to be replaced with Riera. Rafa is creating a whole new formation and you lot are just too thick to appreciate it. Forget your 4-4-2's. Your 4-5-1. Or even your 4-2-2-1-1. Rafa's preferred formation when you are one nil up is 4-6-0. Inpsired. Almost as inspired as withdrawing the one man that pulls you out of the mire time and time and time again when you concede a late equaliser to give him an extra seven minutes rest.

You see football has for many years now been an easy game complicated by idiots. Rafa has shown me that it can be as complicated as chess if you have the right intellectual capacity and I for one think he should be applauded for it. I look forward to next uninspiring draw with a buzz of excitement as Rafa again seeks to show me the error of my ways as he intelligently moves his human pieces around the green chess board and apsires to not getting beaten.

There will obviously be a lot of negative posts on here today so allow me to give a little perspective.

Okay - we couldn't beat Wigan (or Stoke - twice, or Fulham, or the shite - twice or West Ham or Spurs when they were in the bottom three) but that misses the point.

Wigan are a big club. Massive. Huge. So did we go there with unrealistic expectations in beating them? They were after all 2nd Division champions in 2003 and in 1999 won the Auto Windscreens Shield trophy. They are also managed by someone who is obviously astute and clearly an England manager - or the manager of one our biggest rivals in the very near future (Getting relegated with Birmingham was just a blip). So who says we have an automatic right to the points against such stellar opposition.

And then there is Rafa. Now we all know Rafa is a tactical magician and again he illustrated it last night. I was particularly impressed with the withdrawal of Nando to be replaced with Riera. Rafa is creating a whole new formation and you lot are just too thick to appreciate it. Forget your 4-4-2's. Your 4-5-1. Or even your 4-2-2-1-1. Rafa's preferred formation when you are one nil up is 4-6-0. Inpsired. Almost as inspired as withdrawing the one man that pulls you out of the mire time and time and time again when you concede a late equaliser to give him an extra seven minutes rest.

You see football has for many years now been an easy game complicated by idiots. Rafa has shown me that it can be as complicated as chess if you have the right intellectual capacity and I for one think he should be applauded for it. I look forward to next uninspiring draw with a buzz of excitement as Rafa again seeks to show me the error of my ways as he intelligently moves his human pieces around the green chess board and apsires to not getting beaten.

:D

Made me laugh that did

Rebel23 has made a point everyone should bear in mind - if Rafa is to leave, do you really trust the owners to hire someone decent, to leave him alone to do the job, and for Parry not to continually fuck things up along the way?

That's not excusing anything about Rafa, but before we look at replacing the manager we need to make sure there would be an environment and a structure in place to allow him to do his job to the best of his ability. The owners and Parry need to go before anything else happens. If that means we continue to suffer on the pitch in the meantime, so be it, but that's the way it has to happen, unfortunately.