You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

people who don't like wrestling = GAYS

philyhamann

Bumping this because a) I can't believe I killed the thread, and b) if any of you have some high hope for humanity at this moment in time, just watch that youtube in the first post, it might bring you back down to earth!

Seriously, some people try to make others believe (like I did when I was a kid! I was adamant that WWF was real.) that it's real, and then fucking Robocop enters.......what the hell is that all about. It's not only that though, it's the commentators ("he's with his buddy Robocop!") and the guys backing off "Robocop" as if he's real. It's just truly frightening and saddening.

Hahah! I'm half tempted to watch it again, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it...

Phily I guess you found that on Ebaums because you're a member there? If not, how the hell did you come across this clip...

Bumping this because a) I can't believe I killed the thread, and b) if any of you have some high hope for humanity at this moment in time, just watch that youtube in the first post, it might bring you back down to earth!

Seriously, some people try to make others believe (like I did when I was a kid! I was adamant that WWF was real.) that it's real, and then fucking Robocop enters.......what the hell is that all about. It's not only that though, it's the commentators ("he's with his buddy Robocop!") and the guys backing off "Robocop" as if he's real. It's just truly frightening and saddening.

Hahah! I'm half tempted to watch it again, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it...

Do you really think that people who enjoy wrestling don't know the result is pre-determined? It always amuses me how excited people get when they like to point this out to wrestling fans as if they are revealing a big secret.

It's like pointing out that a film is fictional.

Do you really think that people who enjoy wrestling don't know the result is pre-determined? It always amuses me how excited people get when they like to point this out to wrestling fans as if they are revealing a big secret.

It's like pointing out that a film is fictional.

It's the kids really. I just find it scary that some of the kids grow up believing that it's real. Can you imagine some of the kids in a few years time, thinking back and realising that they believed Robocop was real too?

Can you imagine when they first find out he's not? It'd be a truly shattering experience. Like Santa or the Tooth Fairy. How will these kids face the realities of a world without Robocop?

It wasn't the same world for me either when I realised that the Legion Of Doom weren't what they appeared to be. It's why I sometimes sit in a corner shaking and foaming at the mouth. I know now that they'll never be able to rescue me from my problems and fears.

It's the kids really. I just find it scary that some of the kids grow up believing that it's real. Can you imagine some of the kids in a few years time, thinking back and realising that they believed Robocop was real too?

Can you imagine when they first find out he's not? It'd be a truly shattering experience. Like Santa or the Tooth Fairy. How will these kids face the realities of a world without Robocop?

It wasn't the same world for me either when I realised that the Legion Of Doom weren't what they appeared to be. It's why I sometimes sit in a corner shaking and foaming at the mouth. I know now that they'll never be able to rescue me from my problems and fears.

Fair enough. I reckon kids find this out pretty early though, I was gutted when I found out.

My response to those who are of the persuasion that are fond of the pantomime that is wrestling is to methodically bum them without hesitation (presuming they are of requisite age [and not Mickey Rourke] of course) and have a good nights sleep and dream about the huge fishcakes the chippy at the Rio used to sell.

• 2 weeks later...