You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottle, bollocks, heart.

I thought he was disgraceful today. And I am usually able to see the good in most of our players.

Compare and contrast Riera with Pennant. In the second half there were two moments that suck in my mind. Pennant went in for a ball 60-40 in his favour and completely shit it. Riera had a similar one which was probably in the defenders favour. Put his foot in and won the ball.

Bottle, bollocks, heart.

I thought he was disgraceful today. And I am usually able to see the good in most of our players.

I thought he made some poor decisions at times, but lacking in bottle and heart? I honestly don't see where you get that from.

It was a typical Pennant display. Some stupid tricks at times, running down blind alleys, a few brilliant crosses and an assist!

That's just Pennant. He's not a disgrace though, far from it.

Plays too deep and cuts inside too often. Not a rubbish player but should be nowhere near our first eleven barring injuries and I would have preferred Yossi to start. I was hoping he would kick on when we bought him but he has struggled with the lack of space you get in a top four side.

I thought he made some poor decisions at times, but lacking in bottle and heart? I honestly don't see where you get that from.

It was a typical Pennant display. Some stupid tricks at times, running down blind alleys, a few brilliant crosses and an assist!

That's just Pennant. He's not a disgrace though, far from it.

Sorry, his lack of bottle was in clear evidence at least once today .. :whistle:

I'm surprised you have that view seeing as you spend a lot of your time on here criticising people for having similar views of other players!

Like I said, I prefer to see the good in our players when I can, but Pennant really annoyed me today. This isn't really about his ability/lack off. It wasn't in that sense I meant he isn't a Liverpool player.

I forgot to mention the feigning injury - when we were looking to equalise I think - Carra basically pulled him up to his feet - there was fuck all wrong with him (he has a record for that though). Also the spiteful, shithouse "tackle" his did on one of theirs that could have really done some damage. Done purely out of spite.

Plays too deep and cuts inside too often. Not a rubbish player but should be nowhere near our first eleven barring injuries and I would have preferred Yossi to start. I was hoping he would kick on when we bought him but he has struggled with the lack of space you get in a top four side.

Benayoun is so fucking infuriating though! Gets into some brilliant positions after beating a few players and then tries to beat another, and then another, and then another, etc...

I bet his breakkies are awful - the scrambled eggs are so sloppy because he wants to beat them too much.

Like I said, I prefer to see the good in our players when I can, but Pennant really annoyed me today.

I forgot to mention the feigning injury - when we were looking to equalise I think - Carra basically pulled him up to his feet - there was fuck all wrong with him (he has a record for that though). Also the spiteful, shithouse "tackle" his did on one of theirs that could have really done some damage. Done purely out of spite.

Perception is a big thing. Agree to disagree.

Benayoun is so fucking infuriating though! Gets into some brilliant positions after beating a few players and then tries to beat another, and then another, and then another, etc...

I bet his breakkies are awful - the scrambled eggs are so sloppy because he wants to beat them too much.

Haha, repped!

Just think he's more of a footballer than Pennant and better in tight spaces to unlock a defence.

I thought he was poor today. Got the chance but doesn't have the heart. Plays it safe every time. I like him and I wish he had more balls but he doesn't. If we start him more often he might get better but I don't think we can afford that right now.

Haha, repped!

Just think he's more of a footballer than Pennant and better in tight spaces to unlock a defence.

Totally agree but once he's made the tight space become an open space, he has this in-built longing for tight spaces and runs into some more people!

He's like the opposite of a claustrophobic.

I bet he loves banging his misses up the hoop.

Riera shits out of tackles to.Don't get me wrong,I think he is a great player what I have seen of him.Have noticed in a few of the games up to now,him pulling out of tackles.Also on one of the two headers he had towards goal today,he shit out on one of them,I think it was the first one.

Didn't realise he is 6ft 2in as well.That's well big for a winger,pretty impressive as he seems pretty skilful.

Oh and I don't like JP but I thought he done ok today.

I dont like Pennant at all.

The only reason he was ever bought in the first place was because Rafa was shopping in Lidl instead of harrods. He is what he is - a six million pound player. He would be good at a shit Premier League club like Sunderland or Stoke or someone but he is NEVER going to be good enough for Liverpool.

The way you should judge him is against his peers.

Would he get into the Chelsea Team? or the Arsenal team? or the Manc team?

Exactly. Of course he wouldnt.

Hopefully he will be sold in the summer and a better player will be bought to replace him.

I dont like Pennant at all.

The only reason he was ever bought in the first place was because Rafa was shopping in Lidl instead of harrods. He is what he is - a six million pound player. He would be good at a shit Premier League club like Sunderland or Stoke or someone but he is NEVER going to be good enough for Liverpool.

The way you should judge him is against his peers.

Would he get into the Chelsea Team? or the Arsenal team? or the Manc team?

Exactly. Of course he wouldnt.

Hopefully he will be sold in the summer and a better player will be bought to replace him.

Riera only cost about £8/9M.