You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

England vs Kazakhstan thread

Red Phoenix

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching the buildup on ITV and this family was interviewed. Lovely people but did not really seem to be that fussed about the game or the day out. They all had brand new England shirts with numbers fro #7 to #11 or something.

Seemed a bit fake to me. Rent-a-fans? Do the FA have some scheme for matches that arent attractive to the average fan or am I being downright cynical here?

I mean would this nice family go to a England-Kazakhstan game under normal circumstances?

I was watching the buildup on ITV and this family was interviewed. Lovely people but did not really seem to be that fussed about the game or the day out. They all had brand new England shirts with numbers fro #7 to #11 or something.

Seemed a bit fake to me. Rent-a-fans? Do the FA have some scheme for matches that arent attractive to the average fan or am I being downright cynical here?

I mean would this nice family go to a England-Kazakhstan game under normal circumstances?

they wouldn't have filled Wembley otherwise.

Never liked it as a ground. It' so false IMO

Rooney looks like that bloke off Robocop whose skin fell off at the end.

Haha, the guy that got acid all over him and his fingers started coming off? That's one of my only memories of that film, thought that bit was mad when I first saw it.

5-1's not bad anyway, glad to see Dafoe get a goal, but it could be back to struggling on wednesday night unless Fabio starts with a good player on the left aswell. The side that started the second half looked good, I'm hoping he does something like that instead of relying on Ashley to get up the left side on his own, he looks best when he's got someone infront of him to swap around/pass with.

Capello looked like he was about to order a hit when he saw that defensive mistake.

edit: Biggest joke of the night, Fat Sham saying, "When you are away from home you defend first(shocker there), but when you are home you must attack, attack, attack(did I miss something? What do you call attack? Lumping the ball up the pitch?)."

same ole england, rubbish and slow.

I disagree, England are efficient and well disciplined under Capello. They will definitely qualify from this group and you can't say that too often about England.

The booing of Cole was a disgrace. Small time English fans.

Yes, and then they got really excited when Beckham came on! It's like they're from some other dimension. I imagine loads of divorced dads taking their kids to the match, a few Michael Caine fans enjoying the ghastly brass band and the rest made up of supporters used to second division football. An absolute shower. (Mind you, poor old Ashley Young must be gutted Fabio appears to think HE made the mistake!)

I know some on here try and defend Ingurlund fans, but todays "support" and cuntishness was clearly in the majority, and not the minority. They are probably the main reason i have no affinity with the national team. I cannot relate to the Ingurlund fan mentality in any way. It just seems like a broad representation of the Soccer AM generation all in one stadium. Shite

My mates can't understand why I have no affinity with the national team. I now have another reason to give them when they ask me about it again.

I can't stand Ashley Cole and laughed when he fucked up but to boo him for the rest of the match is a disgrace. I'd be absolutely ashamed if our fans carried on that way if one of our players fucked up. I imagine it was a load of fans of small clubs like Barnet, Peterborough, Leyton Orient and Everton enjoying their day in the sun and thought it was big and clever to boo a big name player.

Small time cunts.

My mates can't understand why I have no affinity with the national team. I now have another reason to give them when they ask me about it again.

I can't stand Ashley Cole and laughed when he fucked up but to boo him for the rest of the match is a disgrace. I'd be absolutely ashamed if our fans carried on that way if one of our players fucked up. I imagine it was a load of fans of small clubs like Barnet, Peterborough, Leyton Orient and Everton enjoying their day in the sun and thought it was big and clever to boo a big name player.

Small time cunts.

The funniest part of all of the 'booing' Ashley Cole thing was... Fucking Jar Jar Ferdinand was pointing at Ashley to play that ball back behind him.