You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barry to Arsenal?

Red Spartan

How likely is it that Barry might end up at Arsenal?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How likely is it that Barry might end up at Arsenal?

Huh? What an odd poll.

The Sun have gone on record to say that Arsenal at in this bidding war as well and my guess is if they offer 18million plus for Barry, Villa might just accept it. Then it would be down to the player to accept the offer or not.

So my question is will Barry turn down an Arsenal contract or not? If he does will there be any gutted Liverpool fans outhere?:ermm:

I just relised that the first one should of been highly likely lol mhy bad

That rag is no source of information on anything mate, and it shouldn't really be mentioned on here.

And there is no way Arsenal will offer 18m for Barry, so if Alonso does stay with us, then Id say Barry will be playing for Villa next season. Reserves or otherwise.

The Sun have gone on record to say that Arsenal at in this bidding war as well and my guess is if they offer 18million plus for Barry, Villa might just accept it. Then it would be down to the player to accept the offer or not.

So my question is will Barry turn down an Arsenal contract or not? If he does will there be any gutted Liverpool fans outhere?:ermm:

Well you've redeemed yourself with your newspaper quote. Well done.

Are you for real?

The S*n have gone on record to say that Arsenal at in this bidding war as well and my guess is if they offer 18million plus for Barry, Villa might just accept it. Then it would be down to the player to accept the offer or not.

Stop quoting that rag on here mate.

That rag is no source of information on anything mate, and it shouldn't really be mentioned on here.

And there is no way Arsenal will offer 18m for Barry, so if Alonso does stay with us, then Id say Barry will be playing for Villa next season. Reserves or otherwise.

Well go on Skysports news webpage and its on there also. Villa have been talking with the number 2 from Arsenal. No officail bids yet but they are definatly keeping tabs on the situation.

Well go on Skysports news webpage and its on there also. Villa have been talking with the number 2 from Arsenal. No officail bids yet but they are definatly keeping tabs on the situation.

The Sun said we pissed on and robbed from the dead at Hillsborough. Take your shitty story and shove it up your WUM arse.

The Sun said we pissed on and robbed from the dead at Hillsborough. Take your shitty story and shove it up your WUM arse.

Wow why the hostility?

I am just laying off info that has been in the tabloids and on a highly reputable webpage. Arsenal are interested in Barry. dont bring other stories into this one just because you hate the original source of the story..

Wow why the hostility?

I am just laying off info that has been in the tabloids and on a highly reputable webpage. Arsenal are interested in Barry. dont bring other stories into this one just because you hate the original source of the story..

We don't have anything to do with The Sun in these parts.

The Hillsborough Football Disaster - Hillsborough Justice Campaign

Boycott The Sun in 2003 - Hillsborough Justice Campaign

Wow why the hostility?

Mate, SSN take any shite thrown out by the tabloids and use it as their 'news'. They have to, its a 24 hr news station, so have lots of airtime to fill. So not reputable at all.

And as a friendly bit of advice, the only real rule of this (and other LFC related forums etc) is that the newspaper in question never gets mentioned for obvious reasons.

Wow why the hostility?

Whatever the validity of the story, your source is offensive to most on this site.

I suggest you spend some time reading the links Dirk has posted for you.

Well, i for one, wouldn't care if Barry came to us now, great if he did, but i wouldnt be too upset if he didn't come and stayed at Villa or went to the arse, we could spend the money if another area

*cough*

Striker

*cough*

Attacking Midfielder

Villa are officially panicing.

They've already been writing to us offering us deals (Finnan etc) now they are leaking stories about 'interest' from other clubs.

Correct. An assistant (Pat Rice) made a call to another assistant (Steve Walford) and O'Neill can't wait to make this public. Apparently Pat Rice said Arsenal 'might' show an interest. Managers and assistants make hundreds of calls to other managers and assistants and talk about plenty of players.

Villa knows they have to sell themselves to buy players like Bentley and are shitting themselves now.

I really hope Rafa pulls out of the deal. If Barry doesn't leave Villa this year, we can get him for next to nothing next year.

Spunk the money on Villa or Silva or Keane or Augero.

I don't think anyone would be unduly upset if we didn't bring Barry in. If we don't buy him, Alonso would have had such a massive boot up the arse that whether he wants to go or not, he could not possibly fail to respond.

If Alonso wants to stay - he knows he is far from indispensable in Rafa's eyes, and needs to step up.

If Alonso wants to go - he knows he's not doing enough to attract the sort of clubs he wants to move to, and needs to step up.

So, to sum up: meh.

Villa are officially panicing.

They've already been writing to us offering us deals (Finnan etc) now they are leaking stories about 'interest' from other clubs.

We'll probably buy him for an undisclosed amount, nowhere near what they wanted for him, so they can save face and we get the player.

We'll probably buy him for an undisclosed amount, nowhere near what they wanted for him, so they can save face and we get the player.

That's exactly what I thought. Much like the Torres deal where the club was happy for the figure of £26m to be bandied about safe in the knowledge we paid a little under £20m. O'Neail will bleat on about us matching his valuation, where the truth will be that we paid about £15m.

I don't think anyone would be unduly upset if we didn't bring Barry in. If we don't buy him, Alonso would have had such a massive boot up the arse that whether he wants to go or not, he could not possibly fail to respond.

If Alonso wants to stay - he knows he is far from indispensable in Rafa's eyes, and needs to step up.

If Alonso wants to go - he knows he's not doing enough to attract the sort of clubs he wants to move to, and needs to step up.

So, to sum up: meh.

MEH?well those are some strong words there matey!well, one REALLY strong word at least.