You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Ince

Red Nick

Has he taken over as Blackburn manager then? I thought he was just in the running, with Allardye the more likely candidate.

Anyway, if Ince does a good job at Blackburn, then his credentials become more proven. He has done well with MK Dons but that's a different world to Blackburn, which in turn is a different world to LFC.

He will have done well at Blackburn if he can match the sort of thing Mark Hughes has been doing. I can't see them getting above the scrap for a UEFA spot.

It is far too soon to say if he will have the acumen to manage a team like us one day, but he does appear to be carving out a career for himself. Let's see if he can land a Prem job and assess him further then.

I don't understand the level of interest in Ince from other clubs. What exactly has he achieved? He gained promotion with a team that narrowly missed out the year before and who had more money than most teams in the league, yet every time a job becomes available his name is linked.

There are far more experienced managers out there than Paul Ince.

And to answer Nick's question, not over my dead body would I want him managing Liverpool.

I don't understand the level of interest in Ince from other clubs. What exactly has he achieved? He gained promotion with a team that narrowly missed out the year before and who had more money than most teams in the league, yet every time a job becomes available his name is linked.

There are far more experienced managers out there than Paul Ince.

And to answer Nick's question, not over my dead body would I want him managing Liverpool.

I think he's done OK. Also he's kept his head down and managed and not come out with any daft statements about his capabilities. At the time he played for us their weren't many websites like this around and I was overseas. Can you tell me why a lot of reds really don't like him. For me I give him kudos cos he really pissed the Mancs off when he kissed the badge after scoring for us at Anfield.

You can do no more than what he has done so far.