You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest TK-421

I don't know how anyone can have a reliable opinion on Dossena unless they've watched Udinese regularly, which I doubt is the case. I didn't think left back was a priority but with Riise probably leaving, and Aurelio's injury record, it makes sense.

certain people on here claim to have regularly watched every player in europe, a little unbelievable.

anyway I'm not after a liverpool wankfest or whatever it was you said I just think a lot of the comments made about the manager and players on this forum are not a huge leap from behaving like Toon fans shouting "You don't know what you're doing" at the manager to a worldwide audience.

Momo on ignore already

FTR I havent written this player off at all Ive just made a pretty valid point that when you spend average money you normally end up with average squad players which is what has more or less happened under Rafa (see previous post for details)

I hope he´s succesful and his finish for the goal obviously shows he has football abillity but we just dont know if he´s gonna be an Agger or a Josemi or just an average good player like Arbeloa

We shall see

Both highly rated youngsters, Skrtel was player of the year in Slovakia and Agger won a few awards in Denmark. Dossena isn't even the third choice left back for Italy.

I can't remember anyone talking about how highly rated Skrtel was so I'll take your word on that.

I just remember people saying: "Who?" and "He's not Ezequiel Garay."

According to Wiki, he got the 2007 and 2006 runner up.

You're getting desperate now. Why not just admit you haven't seen Dossena play and are just being negative for the sake of it?

Oh, and if you're gong to insult me, try to be a bit more creative. Calling me a 'wool' when I'm from Liverpool doesn't make much sense.

Both highly rated youngsters, Skrtel was player of the year in Slovakia and Agger won a few awards in Denmark. Dossena isn't even the third choice left back for Italy.

He's behind Zambrotta and Grosso. He's not behind anyone else, and don't mention Chiellini as he is in the squad as a centre back, so he is 3rd choice.

First of all, there's no shame in being behind those two.

Second of all Italian's tend to bloom later than other nationalities and Dossena is 4-5 years younger than the players he is behind in the Italian team. Even Grosso himself didn't get his first cap until his mid-twenties. Luca Toni didn't get his first cap until he was 26/27. There are loads of other examples too, Gamberini, Iaquinta, Barzagli etc.

He's behind Zambrotta and Grosso. He's not behind anyone else, and don't mention Chiellini as he is in the squad as a centre back, so he is 3rd choice.

First of all, there's no shame in being behind those two.

Second of all Italian's tend to bloom later than other nationalities and Dossena is 4-5 years younger than the players he is behind in the Italian team. Even Grosso himself didn't get his first cap until his mid-twenties. Luca Toni didn't get his first cap until he was 26/27. There are loads of other examples too, Gamberini, Iaquinta, Barzagli etc.

So we have to hope that he is a later bloomer? Great. I bet if either Grosso or Zambrotta get injured, it will be Chiellini there.

So we have to hope that he is a later bloomer? Great. I bet if either Grosso or Zambrotta get injured, it will be Chiellini there.

We don't have to hope he is a late bloomer he is already a good player, the point I was trying to make is that quite a few players are not regulars in the Italian national team until their mid-twenties. So we shouldn't use his standing in the national team as a stick to beat him with.

I remember quite a few bad reports about Skrtel, most of them said he was slow and bad on the ball.

*chuckles*

Nah, dont think your memories serves you right. I remember we got a solid presentation from a Slovakian fan who clearly stated he was`nt a small child or a lady.

We`ve heard no such things about Dossena so far.

I can't remember anyone talking about how highly rated Skrtel was so I'll take your word on that.

I just remember people saying: "Who?" and "He's not Ezequiel Garay."

I remember after the Havant & Waterlooville cup game many were writing him off after one match.

I remember after the Havant & Waterlooville cup game many were writing him off after one match.

Very true, particularly Bascombe if memory sreves. You're quite right, it's pointless debating untill we actually see the lad, Benitez must see something in him to fork out 7M that we don't have so i'll trust him on this one, it's Deggen i've got worries about, i know i'm contradicting myself because i've not seen him either but two things worry me, firstly he's a free, these seldom work out, and secondly if you do a bit of research he doesn't sound the best.