You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

Yeah it sure is.

His source, or the primary one at least, seem to be at the club, hence not necessarily involved with any negotiations that have taken place so far.

Seems like talks have been taken place directly between DIC and G&H and not directly through LFC directors.

CTR's source is supposedly involved in these talks from DIC's part.

Exactly my reading of the situation.:whistle:

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read a Bascombe Match report recently then?

Feel free to explain how Chris doesn't have an agenda.

No I haven't read a match report but aside from the Milan game would you say the side are playing the type of football that the MAJORITY of reds fans would like to see? Oh and before you make another assumption I am not part of the rafa out brigade.

If Tom Hicks Jr does move to Liverpool its obvious he would be taking Foster Gilletts role and therefore looking like Hicks has bought out Gillett.

Nightmare scenario developing ??

He would have brought gillete out by now if he wanted too. Looks like gillete as agreed a deal with DIC but for some reason Hicks is delaying it??.

Could it be he can buy gillete out at the price they paid last year if gillete wants out. But he wants to sell to DIC for the profit thats why they are not on speaking terms etc.

Just cannot see hicks buying out Gillete. Hes not got enough money. Even if he takes out more loans etc it could go wrong for him during the build of the stadium.

I don't see why Hicks would have to find any money to buy out Gillett, apart from a bit of profit for George. Neither of them has put in any money yet apart from the deposit on the loans, which is secured as a personal loan on the club, repayable if the club is sold. He could just take over the loans couldn't he? That is the nightmare scenario, but it's far from unlikely if he decides to dig in.

If Tom Hicks Jr does move to Liverpool its obvious he would be taking Foster Gilletts role and therefore looking like Hicks has bought out Gillett.

Nightmare scenario developing ??

Exactly, or maybe DIC have done a deal involving the Gillett share like someone suggested earlier. Bascombe has suggested club sources are not ruling out more twist and turns.

I don't think there is any way in which Hicks could afford to take on Gilletts shares and half of the loan as the banks just wouldn't allow it.They had enough trouble getting the loan with both involved. If a deal is to be made, DIC would have to be agreeable to taking on the major part of Gilletts shares with maybe Hicks taking on a few % to maintain a majority shareholding.

DIC have shown previously that they were interested in becoming a minor shareholder when they negotiated for the 15% stake late last year, so I think it is possible that they become the minor partner with Hicks maintaining control. (Nightmare )

Hopefully this is just the first stage of DIC's manouvering for control and a total buy out of both Hicks and Gillett.

I don't see why Hicks would have to find any money to buy out Gillett, apart from a bit of profit for George. Neither of them has put in any money yet apart from the deposit on the loans, which is secured as a personal loan on the club, repayable if the club is sold. He could just take over the loans couldn't he? That is the nightmare scenario, but it's far from unlikely if he decides to dig in.

Hes not rich enough to take all the 350 million loan on. And then he needs to find another 300 million for the stadium. On top of that what will he do if during construction the cost goes up 100 million and if we miss out on the champions league.

Hes not rich enough to take all the 350 million loan on.

I hope you're right, but lots of people aren't rich enough for their mortgage or credit card limits.

And then he needs to find another 300 million for the stadium. On top of that what will he do if during construction the cost goes up 100 million and if we miss out on the champions league.

Go bankrupt again?