You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in refinancing blow

The Virgin

THIS FROM SKY:

Reds in refinancing blow

Reports indicate American owners hit by financial setback

By Chris Harvey Last updated: 22nd January 2008

Reds in refinancing blow

Liverpool could be plunged into fresh turmoil amid reports their American owners have suffered a setback in their refinancing plans.

Already destabilised by speculation that George Gillett and Tom Hicks are considering selling the club, reports have emerged that the American duo's plans to refinance their loan have been hit.

The pair are understood to be struggling to secure the loan they require to pay back the original loan with which they bought the club last February.

The Daily Telegraph claims that the 'refinancing deal is on the verge of collapse' while The Times states that 'sources in the City believe that the Americans' regime is crumbling by the day'.

The news will not be met with disappointment by the club's supporters who made their antipathy with the American regime loud and clear during Monday's 2-2 draw with Aston Villa.

If Hicks and Gillett are to be thwarted in their plans, then the pair may conclude they have no choice but to sell their club to the Dubai-based Dubai International Capital (DIC) group.

Defiant

'Time is running out for the Americans to conclude the loan agreement. Contrary to reports that they had until the end of February to sign the deal, it is now understood their one-year loan with RBS expires in just under two weeks,' reports The Telegraph.

Speculation was rife at the weekend that DIC had formally bid £500m for the Anfield club. However, it is now believed that the offer was informal and only in the region of £300m - prompting Hicks to issue a defiant statement announcing he had no intention of selling his stake.

DIC, however, will not launch a formal offer until they have held talks with RBS but Hicks has refused to grant DIC permission to talk to the bank until any refinancing deal is completed.

Should the refinancing collapse, then DIC - run by ardent Liverpool fan Sameer Al Ansari - would be in a position to move in.

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! FUCKIN FRUSTRATING

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sell the club you useless pair of absolute cunts.

Testify brother, testify!

Do you know what, I wouldn't be surprised if DIC know all this before it even happens, I bet they know more about G&H's finances than they do.

It's Bill Gates vs Homer is what it is.

It might turn out that this rumoured guarantee of Parry keeping his job for x amount of time after takeover has been what has stopped us going into silly debt. So far at least.

I don't fully know how these things work, but RBS are going to ask whether the club's board are agreed on the deal, and it won't look good if there's some opposition. That alone might not stop a deal going through, but added to the world's money situation and the serious opposition to the owners from the majority of the franchise's customers, well - no wonder they're having trouble.

He won't get a medal if he has helped block this finance, but it might save him a lynching for his part in so many other mess-ups in the past.

Parry and Moores have done enough damage - no matter what they do now to correct the situation. Getting rid of the yanks is the priority - but, we also need to get rid of the two cunts who put us in this position in the first place.

The way the financial markets are at the moment, with the fear of a recession in the States, RBS would be crazy to give that amount of money to anyone.

DIC's money is surely quite independent from all this as it is the Dubai Royal family, and with their country one of the only financial shinning lights in the world, surely it is less of a risk if they own the club?

If you've just been beaten to a pulp by someone and you see someone else approaching you with a nice cup of tea then who in their right mind wouldn't taste the tea? Doesn't mean it's gonna be how you like it though. DIC were heavily criticised just before G&H took over for their "outrageous" plans to sell the club at a profit 5 years after buying it. I'll not relax until somebody gives us some assurance of continuity and stability. Frankly, I don't care who it is as long as they: A) Back the manager with the necessary funds. B) Start the new bloody stadium, and C) Don't saddle the club with more debt than it can cope with.

I don't doubt that G&H intended this to be the plan when they took the helm, but they've been torpedoed by the fall in the dollar and the uncertainty over worldwide markets. Talking to Klinsmann was foolish. Publicly stating that you've been talking to Klinsmann was either very very naive, or very very stupid. Or both. Whatever happens, I'm sick of logging on to the BBC website and reading more crap about the club that I love.

Hundreds of millions loans are getting harder to find given the current financial climate, the assurances require are getting bigger. In simple terms the income model of the club would need top flight success long term as much as anything else to sell the banks a sound business plan. Champions league qualification and progression will be essential given the rewards it generates.......perhaps dropping out of the top four and the uncertainty of the Milan game has made the banks terms slightly less attractive to T and G, enter DIC.

If you've just been beaten to a pulp by someone and you see someone else approaching you with a nice cup of tea then who in their right mind wouldn't taste the tea? Doesn't mean it's gonna be how you like it though. DIC were heavily criticised just before G&H took over for their "outrageous" plans to sell the club at a profit 5 years after buying it. I'll not relax until somebody gives us some assurance of continuity and stability. Frankly, I don't care who it is as long as they: A) Back the manager with the necessary funds. B) Start the new bloody stadium, and C) Don't saddle the club with more debt than it can cope with.

I don't doubt that G&H intended this to be the plan when they took the helm, but they've been torpedoed by the fall in the dollar and the uncertainty over worldwide markets. Talking to Klinsmann was foolish. Publicly stating that you've been talking to Klinsmann was either very very naive, or very very stupid. Or both. Whatever happens, I'm sick of logging on to the BBC website and reading more crap about the club that I love.

G&H did exactly that. They promised that this would be the case and now they are in the process of going back in those promises. The funds they used to buy us clearly came out of a short term loan with a view to refinance in the long term. How Parry and Moores failed to see this is beyond me.

DIC, if they come in, will put us in debt - just a question of how much and whether it will have serious implications on the transfer funds.

G&H did exactly that. They promised that this would be the case and now they are in the process of going back in those promises. The funds they used to buy us clearly came out of a short term loan with a view to refinance in the long term. How Parry and Moores failed to see this is beyond me.

DIC, if they come in, will put us in debt - just a question of how much and whether it will have serious implications on the transfer funds.

Not too sure DIC would put us in hock to a bank if they buy in given they don't have to raise the money to buy us,the banks would still have the same reluctance to lend to such a business. If Money gets cheap again then in the future a restructuring could happen.