You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

"Mascherano: I Would Love To Join Tevez At Manchester Utd" ??????

Randy Marsh

Picked this link up from another non-red site.

Fuckin sincerely hope them quotes have been made up

Mascherano: I want to join Tevez at Manchester United

On loan Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano admits he wants to join his former teammate at Manchester United with a permanent move to Liverpool unlikely to occur as the American owners are baulking over the £17m price tag set by MSI.

Mascherano - A target for United, Juventus and Real Madrid - wants to play alongside countryman Carlos Tevez once again after their adventures at Corinthians and West Ham.

The holding midfielder, rated at £17million, said: "I would like a new adventure in England because as each day passes it is looking more and more unlikely that I could remain at Liverpool.

“It’s simple,” Mascherano said. “With the time that has passed, it will now be more difficult for me to stay here because I need to do something about my future. It is a really difficult situation because I have been talking a lot about how I want to stay here, but it doesn’t depend on me. I have done everything to stay but the owners have to decide if they want to buy.”

Manchester United boss Ferguson has always been an admirer of Mascherano and considered signing him last summer, and it is being rumoured that he will willing to pay the asking price to land him now.

Mascherano added, "I would be happy to play for any of the other big clubs in England if Liverpool do not sign me permanently, but to play alongside Carlitos as well as people like Rooney, Scholes and Ronaldo would be my biggest dream of all."

Source: Diario Olé

Manchester United Fans Forum - Mascherano: I Would Love To Join Tevez At Manchester Utd

Picked this link up from another non-red site.

Fuckin sincerely hope them quotes have been made up

Mascherano: I want to join Tevez at Manchester United

On loan Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano admits he wants to join his former teammate at Manchester United with a permanent move to Liverpool unlikely to occur as the American owners are baulking over the £17m price tag set by MSI.

Mascherano - A target for United, Juventus and Real Madrid - wants to play alongside countryman Carlos Tevez once again after their adventures at Corinthians and West Ham.

The holding midfielder, rated at £17million, said: "I would like a new adventure in England because as each day passes it is looking more and more unlikely that I could remain at Liverpool.

“It’s simple,” Mascherano said. “With the time that has passed, it will now be more difficult for me to stay here because I need to do something about my future. It is a really difficult situation because I have been talking a lot about how I want to stay here, but it doesn’t depend on me. I have done everything to stay but the owners have to decide if they want to buy.”

Manchester United boss Ferguson has always been an admirer of Mascherano and considered signing him last summer, and it is being rumoured that he will willing to pay the asking price to land him now.

Mascherano added, "I would be happy to play for any of the other big clubs in England if Liverpool do not sign me permanently, but to play alongside Carlitos as well as people like Rooney, Scholes and Ronaldo would be my biggest dream of all."

Source: Mr A Ferguson

To be honest, if the Yanks won't sign him I wouldn't blame him if he did go there. This club will have snubbed him and will deserve all it gets - Anything which helps force them out is fine by me, and if missing out on Mascherano to Man Utd helps set the wheels in motion towards making their position(s) untenable, then it might not be the worst thing in the world.

It's obviously not true, and even if it were, who could've blamed him? He's come out and said how much he would like to make his Liverpool-stay permanent, but if we can't deliver then he can talk to whoever he wants without us having anything to say. If he can't have his 1st option because his 1st option won't sign him, then Man U would be a good alternative as 2nd option (for him as a footballer, not for us as Liverpool-fans).