You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oiy Lurkers

Gav

Both my hands are in use for the beer atm.... But I'll give them a rest posting the pre match post;P

12 Guinness

6 Carlsberg

6 San miguel

6 Rignes

3 bottles of red wine

That was the starting point...

Good luck to all and come on you red MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll stumble back to the beer and be back in the break

• 4 months later...

Fair plat to Andersen, there. Not easy getting it together before you feel confident enough to make an original contribution.

Took me a year and even now, the replies fire through so quickly, almost every possible stance or leaning is snapped up and represented that you would rather avoid repititon. Plus, the banter can edge on newbie bullying and it occassionally can be cliquey.

This is still by far the best forum around, though. The only one I would consider using; the level of critical thinking from the regulars is often extremely high and the GF can be very funny at times too.

Fair plat to Andersen, there. Not easy getting it together before you feel confident enough to make an original contribution.

Took me a year and even now, the replies fire through so quickly, almost every possible stance or leaning is snapped up and represented that you would rather avoid repititon. Plus, the banter can edge on newbie bullying and it occassionally can be cliquey.

This is still by far the best forum around, though. The only one I would consider using; the level of critical thinking from the regulars is often extremely high and the GF can be very funny at times too.

Stick around. I used to think it was like that when I first started posting, people sometimes give out shit but I was too quick to dish it back at times. The longer I stuck around, the better it got.

Stick around. I used to think it was like that when I first started posting, people sometimes give out shit but I was too quick to dish it back at times. The longer I stuck around, the better it got.

You're right; it can be a little attritional at times and thankfully I hace come through a few early skirmishes...comments like that though, only help.

Appreciated, Dave.

I have got the hide of a fucking burnt crocodile, so you won't get it worse than me. Just post, it's cool ;)

lurking is great though, its like taking part in something without being a participant? i did it for years, was a bit like sneaking into a stand up show and being able to laugh out loud without no one being aware of your presence.

i quoted rash to get his attention for a reason. im not long back from a 6 month stint in chiang mai in thailand. over the course of the champions league semi and final, i became mates with a scouse red (who turned out to be the creator of the pete price flag), anyway we were talking about the forums one night, i was saying how i was always on here but never posted/or even logged in, and he was saying how he posted on rawk. we were just laughing about the banter that flies on them and i just mentioned this character rash who was always at the heart of various( and often absurd ) arguments on tlw, so paul instantly recognises the name from rawk and we both had a good laugh at the thought of us two who'd barely just met sitting in a pub in thailand having a conservation about this third party, rash who neither of us knew.

just thought id share that with you.

international weeks are so shit

unless your scottish maybe.

lurking is great though' date=' its like taking part in something without being a participant? i did it for years, was a bit like sneaking into a stand up show and being able to laugh out loud without no one being aware of your presence.

i quoted rash to get his attention for a reason. im not long back from a 6 month stint in chiang mai in thailand. over the course of the champions league semi and final, i became mates with a scouse red (who turned out to be the creator of the pete price flag), anyway we were talking about the forums one night, i was saying how i was always on here but never posted/or even logged in, and he was saying how he posted on rawk. we were just laughing about the banter that flies on them and i just mentioned this character rash who was always at the heart of various( and often absurd ) arguments on tlw, so paul instantly recognises the name from rawk and we both had a good laugh at the thought of us two who'd barely just met sitting in a pub in thailand having a conservation about this third party, rash who neither of us knew.

just thought id share that with you.

international weeks are so shit

unless your scottish maybe.[/quote']

Cheers for that, I just told the missus that her husband was famous. :party:

As an aside, one of my mates said he heard someone at the ground calling me "that cunt from Koptalk" once - charming.

Noob.