You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biggest knobhead journalist

Aye, like Benitez needs to be guided on football matters by a freeloading, fat, complacent, know all, cockney hack.

The arrogance of these bastards is beyond tolerance....

True dat!

McCarthy is a pompous clit nosed twat, Woolnough has the hair of a banjo slinging yokel and is a grade A moron and Martin Samuel is a mutated, herpes infested fucking sloth.

I cannot see why Harry Harris is even employed, he writes boring ill informed articles that the public could not care less about such as the delay regarding Wembley, the West Ham illegal player fiasco and rumourmonging about who will be the next Chelsea manager. I am still waiting for Sven Goran Eriksson to be Chelea manager despite his numerous insider sources saying that it was a dead cert.

That Steve Curry is an absolute tool, loves the Mancs more that Alex Ferguson.

17 posts before Kopite got in on the act. Not good enough Col, you're slipping!

Very tough choice this one, but if I had to go for one, it's be McCarthy. He's totally clueless, but talks as though he's the big authority on everything football. His weekly appearances on SSN is probably the one thing that makes me glad I no longer have it. That, and Gerry Francis.

17 posts before Kopite got in on the act. Not good enough Col, you're slipping!

Very tough choice this one, but if I had to go for one, it's be McCarthy. He's totally clueless, but talks as though he's the big authority on everything football. His weekly appearances on SSN is probably the one thing that makes me glad I no longer have it. That, and Gerry Francis.

Sorry boss. ;)

Good call on McCarthy - not only does he seem to have a real issue with Rafa, but who can forget his assessment of Momo ("the worst footballer to play for Liverpool")?

I also love it when the Mancs say that the whole media, especially the BBC are obsessed with Liverpool, they must be having a laugh.

Just shows you how much McCarthy knows about football to slag off a young foreign player in his first season in England after one game. I bet he ssaid Ronaldo was the worst player to play for Man U after a few of his early performances.

The pundits on TV aren't much better, I absolutely despise David Platt with a passion, hate his boring voice and like Ray Wilkins just because he played in Italy they think he is a football genius. He used to do "Platty's tactics" in 442 like he was some big tactical managerial genius when he is a failed coach. Ray Wilkins is a bender who hates Liverpool, Gerry Francis, Steve Claridge, Peter Beagrie, Chris Kamara are all tits, and don't even get me started on Andy Townsends' tactics truck.

Read a quote the other day about Cesar Luis Menotti in the 1978 World Cup after he kept getting stick off the press. He was asked what his opinion was of football writers. He said "Not only do they know nothing about football but if 20 of them were kidnapped and put in a room with a typewriter they wouldnt be able to write a letter to mummy"

Guest PaddyBerger15

Read a quote the other day about Cesar Luis Menotti in the 1978 World Cup after he kept getting stick off the press. He was asked what his opinion was of football writers. He said "Not only do they know nothing about football but if 20 of them were kidnapped and put in a room with a typewriter they wouldnt be able to write a letter to mummy"

So you're saying that Dave Usher does qualify as a journalist/football writer then ? :whistle:

So you're saying that Dave Usher does qualify as a journalist/football writer then ? :whistle:

He has to go on Jimmy Hills Sunday supplement and have a collective wank about Chelsea and the Mancs with a bunch of fat cluless bell ends. He then has to appear in tabloids posing on the phone saying "Dave Usher, Britains' No1 football Journo" and report on things that no one can be arsed reading about. He also has to slag off players after one game saying that they are the worst he has ever seen even if they are the next Pele. He then needs to get a slaphead like Paddy Barclay and talk more cack, only then he will qualify as a football writer.

Guest PaddyBerger15
He has to go on Jimmy Hills Sunday supplement and have a collective wank about Chelsea and the Mancs with a bunch of fat cluless bell ends. He then has to appear in tabloids posing on the phone saying "Dave Usher, Britains' No1 football Journo" and report on things that no one can be arsed reading about. He also has to slag off players after one game saying that they are the worst he has ever seen even if they are the next Pele. He then needs to get a slaphead like Paddy Barclay and talk more cack, only then he will qualify as a football writer.

Hes quite prepared to do ALL that, its just that so far, they wont have him on, no matter how many times he keeps begging......:whistle:

I think Joe Lovejoy has been dead for a couple of years mate!...or maybe Im thinking of someone else. Im pretty sure he had a heart attack, must be a good 2 years ago now.:|

No, he's still alive I think you are thinking of Joe Melling (Daily Mail).

Bastard - that's my ghost writer gag out the window then. I even had a link and everything.

Prentice has written some good stuff about us to be fair. I know he's a bitter twat, but occasionally he hides it well and writes some good stuff.

I have to say that there's no way I could write anything objective about the blues, so I give him credit for being able to write some decent stuff about us.

Of course, occasionally the real Prenno comes out, but that's understandable. I don't actually mind Prentice these days. There, I said it.

Prentice has written some good stuff about us to be fair. I know he's a bitter twat, but occasionally he hides it well and writes some good stuff.

I have to say that there's no way I could write anything objective about the blues, so I give him credit for being able to write some decent stuff about us.

Of course, occasionally the real Prenno comes out, but that's understandable. I don't actually mind Prentice these days. There, I said it.

You've changed. I put it down to all that moving in Echo circles you've been doing this season.

You've changed. I put it down to all that moving in Echo circles you've been doing this season.

He's just being nice because he's in talks with Prentice to get him to take over lead writing duties on TEW. It might be funny as it is but no red can achieve the true hilarity of a blue.

I like it when Prentice has to write about us in European Cup finals. You just know it's eating him up inside.

I don't doubt that at all. Which is why I have to give him some degree of credit for being able to do it, and often doing it pretty well. I simply couldn't write positively about Everton, whether I was being paid to do it or not, I just couldn't physically do it.

For me Prentice doesn't even come close to the likes of McCarthy, Samuel etc

• 3 years later...