You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Biggest knobhead journalist

I haven't bothered doing a poll for this as there are so many of them, but who in your opinion is the biggest knobhead journo?

I would say Harry Harris as he never actually reports on football, rather betting/illegal player/corrupt FA scandals with little or no factual evidence. Always has pictures of him on the phone and captions such as "Harry Harris, the man in the know"

A close second would be Paul McCarthy of the people for slagging off Peter Crouch saying he was one of the worst players ever to play for England then completely changing his tune when he started scoring a few goals.

Martin Samuel you are referring to, your right he is awful

Yes, he is awful as well, forgot about that bell end, looks like a fatter bearded version of Chris Moyles - also that baldy headed Jean Luc Picard wannabee Patrick Barclay, tries to make out he is uber intellectual but then makes statements like "If we (even though he is a jock) are to have any chance at the 2006 World Cup, David James is a must"

Guest PaddyBerger15

Shaun Custis and Danny Fullbrook are 2 who irritate me hugely. I try and avoid anything they write, but just seeing their smug, fat, complacent sweaty faces on the shithouse of a Jimmy Hill programme on a Sunday morning makes me want to kick the telly in.

The previous poster who said Harry Harris is spot on aswell, he is not only hopeless, hes a laughing stock amongst his counterparts also....bottom line is that most of them are useless, semi-literate tosspots of the highest order who write inaccurate and sensationalist garbage and try and pass it off as an 'exclusive inside story'.......they try to claim that they satisfy the publics desire to 'know'...what they do in fact do is create a sensationalist, soundbite, culture and feed it to us incessantly and rather than satisfying our 'need to know' they are justifying their tawdry shite by claiming its what we want.

There are a few decent journos, Oliver Holt is ok, as is Henry Winter and another fella whos name escapes me, I think it might be Paul Hayward.....the rest of them, the likes of Steve Curry, Bob Cass, Brian Woolnough and Mick Dennis are fat, rumourmongering oxygen thieves.

Shaun Custis and Danny Fullbrook are 2 who irritate me hugely. I try and avoid anything they write, but just seeing their smug, fat, complacent sweaty faces on the shithouse of a Jimmy Hill programme on a Sunday morning makes me want to kick the telly in.

The previous poster who said Harry Harris is spot on aswell, he is not only hopeless, hes a laughing stock amongst his counterparts also....bottom line is that most of them are useless, semi-literate tosspots of the highest order who write inaccurate and sensationalist garbage and try and pass it off as an 'exclusive inside story'.......they try to claim that they satisfy the publics desire to 'know'...what they do in fact do is create a sensationalist, soundbite, culture and feed it to us incessantly and rather than satisfying our 'need to know' they are justifying their tawdry shite by claiming its what we want.

There are a few decent journos, Oliver Holt is ok, as is Henry Winter and another fella whos name escapes me, I think it might be Paul Hayward.....the rest of them, the likes of Steve Curry, Bob Cass, Brian Woolnough and Mick Dennis are fat, rumourmongering oxygen thieves.

Cudnt have put it any better myself paddy.Another liverpool hating gobshite is that baldy cunt patrick barclay.What a wanker! I remember one jimmy hill programme in 2005 were he laughed at the suggestion we could win the champions lge and then proclaimed we were not even a big club anymore!!

Guest L4 Lad

andy townsend and mike parry for me, purely for the fact that they're so blindsided by anything anti-liverpool. tossers the pair of them. marcotti's as bad, mischievious little eyetie

andy townsend and mike parry for me, purely for the fact that they're so blindsided by anything anti-liverpool. tossers the pair of them. marcotti's as bad, mischievious little eyetie

i thought andy townsend was very pro lfc on the times ive seen him this year , mike parry IS a twat no doubt

Ray wilkins ,now he is a cunt of the very highest order , fuckin nerd.

Sean Cuntis is pretty high up for me based on his appearences on jimmy hill, never read anything of his as he writes for them but he comes across as a tosser

Woolnough ive never actually read either but comes across as ok though seems like a typical tabloid hack that Paddy spoke about, amazing how they get organisations to pay them for what they produce

in terms of quality i like reading Winter, i like the fact that his match reports are available almost immediately from telegraph.co.uk and they're good quality . Holt and (generally) the times ones I like as well and for tabloid style shite I find the Daily Mail's 'Sportsmail' is of a pretty decent standard compared to the rest and their website is a lot better now than it used to be, their stories tend to be well sourced as well

Guest PaddyBerger15
i thought andy townsend was very pro lfc on the times ive seen him this year , mike parry IS a twat no doubt

Ray wilkins ,now he is a cunt of the very highest order , fuckin nerd.

Baldy 'Butch' Wilkins played for about half an hour for Milan when they were shite and in their darkest hour, I mean even Mark Hately played for them during that period, and 'Butch' thinks hes on a par with Maldini, Baresi, Gullit etc as far as a place in their history goes....in fact, he thinks hes Mr.Meeeeelan.. Thats ok like, that will be one more bastard who will have a face like hes been drinking vinegar after Wednesday night. Doesnt bother me, the more the merrier. In all fairness, 'Butch' likes to thrap himself off in public about all things Italian at every opportunity, so at least hes consistent.

As for the other 2, Mike Parry is a conceited, know all know nothing bitter blueshite who likes to be controversial and likes the sound of his own voice. Just ring up, mention Clive Thomas and thats him sorted for about 3 days of bilious nonsense....Andy Townsend is that insignificant that hes not even on our radar.

Martin Samuel

Harry Harris

Paul McCarthy

In the hierarchy of Cunt Ness, these three are the pubes that straddle the area between the flange and the hoop.

Good call Dave.

Samuel looks like a fat, greasy version of Popeye's nemesis Bluto.

Harris is Abramovich's bitch whilst Paul "Sissoko is the worst footballer to play for Liverpool" McCarthy?

Nuff said.

Dishonourable mentions to Mike Parry (the bitter Welsh b*stard), Steve "I love Man Utd" Curry, Brian "The Bison" Woolnough (anyone who writes for The Sun is a c*nt), Rob "Chelsea gimp" Beasley, Jim "Are you watching Liverpool?" White and Joe "Fat George Best" Lovejoy.

The only one's I like are Henry Winter, James Lawton and Oliver Holt. Even Paul Haywood is a tw*t at times. He told the world this morning that Chelsea deserved to win the Champions League semi-final and has just now demanded Rafa "swallow his pride" and drops his "ridiculous objection" to signing Owen.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Joe "Fat George Best" Lovejoy.

I think Joe Lovejoy has been dead for a couple of years mate!...or maybe Im thinking of someone else. Im pretty sure he had a heart attack, must be a good 2 years ago now.:|

I think Joe Lovejoy has been dead for a couple of years mate!...or maybe Im thinking of someone else. Im pretty sure he had a heart attack, must be a good 2 years ago now.:|

No, he's still alive I think you are thinking of Joe Melling (Daily Mail).

Guest PaddyBerger15
No, he's still alive I think you are thinking of Joe Melling (Daily Mail).

Yep, thats right mate, spot on, it was Joe Melling....apologies.

Joe Melling was the gravely voiced Lancastrian.....Joe Lovejoy is that fat-headed, know all cockney prick, one of the few people in this world who actually makes me think that Jimmy Hill is actually ok in comparison.

The only one's I like are Henry Winter, James Lawton and Oliver Holt. Even Paul Haywood is a tw*t at times. He told the world this morning that Chelsea deserved to win the Champions League semi-final and has just now demanded Rafa "swallow his pride" and drops his "ridiculous objection" to signing Owen.

What a fucking nob

Yep, thats right mate, spot on, it was Joe Melling....apologies.

Joe Melling was the gravely voiced Lancastrian.....Joe Lovejoy is that fat-headed, know all cockney prick, one of the few people in this world who actually makes me think that Jimmy Hill is actually ok in comparison.

No worries. I remember Lovejoy doing a piece in The Independent after the last game in front of the standing Kop against Norwich in 1994. He just used it to slate the club, ground and fans. Then I found out he's a big Manchester United fan and it all made sense.

Guest PaddyBerger15
McCarthy is also telling Rafa to swallow his pride and sign Owen. Pleb.

Aye, like Benitez needs to be guided on football matters by a freeloading, fat, complacent, know all, cockney hack.

The arrogance of these bastards is beyond tolerance....