You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton v Liverpool (Plus Streams)

Rashid

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking referee and linesman denied us of this, it was always going to come to an end somewhere. At least we showed determination and fight. I know it's easy to say with hindsight but we would have slaughtered these if we'd have started with a stronger team. As soon as we began to play football and stay out of the fight we looked the better team.

I agree with YKI 100%

If the team that finished the game had started it then this would have been another 3 points.

lets not make excuses we created enough chances to win this game several times over and paid the price for poor finishing

We've been getting away with it for several games now

o counted 4 very good chances missed amd Bolton did defend very well at the end

Nick, we created fuck all in the first half, that's where we fucked up. It was the starting eleven that was picked. I said at half time that we needed to stay out of the fight and start to play football. That's what we did and we looked like winning it at the end.

Some people need to look at themselves for criticising us today, I thought we played really well and deserved to win it. Bolton are the biggest bunch of cunts.

We outplayed them though and probably should have won it. Proud of the lads tonight I am.

Some people need to look at themselves for criticising us today, I thought we played really well and deserved to win it. Bolton are the biggest bunch of cunts.

We outplayed them though and probably should have won it. Proud of the lads tonight I am.

I agree with this guy too. I can't make my own mind up you see. I always remain neutral on polls until I see what dave u has voted.

Nick, we created fuck all in the first half, that's where we fucked up. It was the starting eleven that was picked. I said at half time that we needed to stay out of the fight and start to play football. That's what we did and we looked like winning it at the end.

fair enough i only say the last 30 minutes

I haven't seen any of it (I'll catch Football First tonight), but if the run had to end (and let's face it, it did) then at least it was in one of the toughest away fixtures of any team's season - and we still managed a point.

Did anyone expect us to get so far without fatigue taking its toll? I can't believe we've been so strong and fit for so long, so I don't blame Rafa for rotating the team - even if it may have prevented the three points. In that context, I desperately want to see Rafa play the kids against Luton next week and give the main men a proper rest. We've got a season-defining set of fixtures between now and the first leg against Benfica and need to be at our very best.

Spot on!

We gifted them a sloppy first goal that made it difficult, but we went for it. Gerrard was incredible. He kept on going all over the pitch. I think todays match also showed we need a stronger squad. Sami desperately needs a rest. This is amongst his poorest performances for Liverpool. Hamann was also very poor, but it was a difficult game to come bak in.

Bolton has a tremendous home record, and i dont think many teams will outplay them like we did...eventually. This game showed how much character it is in the team! Well done.

Bolton are a bunch of whining, crying, diving twats. We deserved to win today, simple as that. Gerrard deserved to win for his performance alone. If we'd started with Cisse and Alonso today, having rested them against West Brom, we would have won.

Still some question marks about Reina for me, by the way. I know most people are convinced by him, but I never have been. He does some things (punching, kicking etc.) really well, but there are aspects of his game that still need some improvement. Not blaming him, like, but still...

I haven't seen any of it (I'll catch Football First tonight), but if the run had to end (and let's face it, it did) then at least it was in one of the toughest away fixtures of any team's season - and we still managed a point.

Did anyone expect us to get so far without fatigue taking its toll? I can't believe we've been so strong and fit for so long, so I don't blame Rafa for rotating the team - even if it may have prevented the three points. In that context, I desperately want to see Rafa play the kids against Luton next week and give the main men a proper rest. We've got a season-defining set of fixtures between now and the first leg against Benfica and need to be at our very best.

Totally agree with that.

I've got to stop watching football. I'm too angry a person to deal with it.

Bolton are a team of fucking hoofers. Don't give me that twaddle about the joys of Jay Jay Okocha, they don't let him play and even if they did he truly would be a wizard to play on that fucking quagmire.

That the people of Bolton play to watch this glorified version of pong amazes me. Worse still was today we got pulled down to their level with some very dubious challenges on Diouf by both Carra and Momo. Part of me thinks, get in, have some of that you fucking camel (not to the uninitiated - he spits a fair bit), he was a complete disgrace to our shirt and seeing him get a bit of a kicking bothers me not in the least.

What amazes me almost as much is big Sams (he likes being called big sam as it makes him seem the big friendly guy) insistence that the decisions go against him and that his Bolt-On team are always the victims. The reason, Mr Potato head, is that everyone knows your a bunch of cheating cunts. Dirty, cynical and ready to fall over so you can get set pieces. Which is what happened for the first goal. Gianakopulous (dunno, it's not on spellchecker) goes down for an extremely soft free kick. Finnan shepherds the ball out of play, gianasisters can't get to it so over he goes. In fairness even then we should not have conceded, the ball in was nothing special, big Reina fumbled then grabbed for it, Sami kicked it out of his hands and some Bolton player capitalized. The rest of the half we spent in their half. If they got possession back it got hoofed and tubby Davis fought people up front to give them their only attacking threat.

That said we only really created half chances as they defended deep and thought about going home to fuck their sisters, whilst their whippet shagging fans called Peter Crouch a freak. cockmunchers, no team with walking advert for frizz ease that is Ivan Campo should be calling any player a freak. That's when they weren't singing sign on. (Family club - your having a laugh - unless your talking about inbreeding)

Harry Kewell worked quite hard which was nice to see and played well. He's not quite the player we thought we'd signed but he's getting there, bit more first team work and hopefully those stretch marks will clear up.

The next incident of note involved Kevin Nolan, in a tangle of players he went down, fairly btw, and Gerrards foot ended up on his chest. It looked to me that Stevie was trying to jump over him, but from a standing start didn't make it, have to see the replay for that one.

And that was it for the first half. Bolton looked like they could cause problems on the break but didn't and liverpool dominated possession. Bolton did have a penalty should but IMO it would have been harsh as the ball went straight to a liverpool player when the tackle occured and there was no chance in hell there was going to be a shot. Still by the letter of the law it could well have been given.

So the pattern continued, until Gerrard was put through again by Mr Kewell and clearly brought down for a penalty. The Keeper guessed right but there was enough power on it to go in. Brilliant, game on, let's get the win.

Alas 4 mins later Bolton broke and even though Davis was clearly off side he squared it to the centre and Diouf, with a bit of luck, put it in the net.

Commendably liverpool did not let there heads go down and within about 10 mins Luis Garcia equalised.

Cisse had a headed chance and there were a few other shots on target but it was not to be and the game ended honours even.

Once thing you knew was going to happen was big Sam would not concede anything. At no point in his post match interview did he mention that liverpool had the massive majority of possession and efforts on goal. Nor did he mention the offside decision or soft free kick for the first goal, yet he wants to get Gerrard done for stamping, i think he has a case with Momo, but if you want to open that can of worms then im sure LFC can bring up all the previous incidents your team has committed as well as diving for free kicks. Fuck off and eat pies, die of a heart attack at 60. You slimy sweaty cunt.

Good team my arse and that's my 5 cents.