You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Hamas now firing rockets into Tel Aviv in retaliation. This is fucking horrible. One of her best friends lives with her Israeli husband and their two daughters in Tel Aviv. Innocent people getting killed because of genocidal maniacs. 

30 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Watching Iron Dome working is incredible.  Search for the vids on Twitter. 

Funded by the USA. When people talk of wanting the US to stop funding Israel, this missile defence system is what they want to take away.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Funded by the USA. When people talk of wanting the US to stop funding Israel, this missile defence system is what they want to take away.

People actually want Israel to stop bulldozing homes, stealing land and killing innocent people. 

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

They should want more people to be killed by rockets? Not sure I follow your logic here.

If the Iron Dome is a priority for the Israeli Government I'm sure the people of Israel would be happy to pay for it.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

People actually want Israel to stop bulldozing homes, stealing land and killing innocent people. 

I'm sure Hamas's behaviour these last few days will definitely help there.

1 minute ago, scottthecanuck said:

If the Iron Dome is a priority for the Israeli Government I'm sure the people of Israel would be happy to pay for it.

I think peace is a priority for everyone, isn't it.

The people of Israel are already paying quite a lot for Western foreign policy.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, that's generally your attitude to Israel defending itself.

Israel defends itself by bulldozing houses on Palestinian land without provocation to expand their own territory. Stop your lies. It's gone from being laughable to downright evil and disturbing. 

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

No. No it isn’t. When I talk of wanting military funding to stop, I’m talking about F35s, F16s, support for undeclared nuclear weapons systems. Please don’t pretend that when I say that I’m asking for civilians to be less safe. 

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I'm sure Hamas's behaviour these last few days will definitely help there.

I think peace is a priority for everyone, isn't it.

The people of Israel are already paying quite a lot for Western foreign policy.

The West has funded them for years and subsidized a military all out of proportion to what the nation could realistically sustain. We were always told this was because of our shared values, only democracy in region etc etc. 

All that has happened is that Israel has become more and more divorced from those values by virtue of being backed by the world's only superpower. They see no reason for compromise or peace on anything but their terms because they feel they hold all the cards. We've created a Frakenstein monster that is ruled by religious fanatics and racists, funded by the American right wing who see Israel's only use as a market for American weaponry and a staging ground for the fulfillment of biblical Armageddon. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, scottthecanuck said:

They see no reason for compromise or peace on anything but their terms because they feel they hold all the cards.

I think it's pretty clear that they do hold the vast majority of the cards right now. Palestinians and their few remaining allies must curse the day they decided attempted genocide was preferable to peaceful coexistence via the UN partition plan.

I think it's pretty clear that they do hold the vast majority of the cards right now. Palestinians and their few remaining allies must curse the day they decided attempted genocide was preferable to peaceful coexistence via the UN partition plan.

I think the majority of decent people are cursing anyone committing genocide. You just make things up for your own narrative and try and put an “innocent Israel” spin on it. Thankfully everyone on here sees right through it because you know, human decency. 

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think it's pretty clear that they do hold the vast majority of the cards right now. 

But that's the point isn't it? 

They think they hold those cards but the don't.  Someone else does and as we've seen many times in the past things can change.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I think the majority of decent people are cursing anyone committing genocide. You just make things up for your own narrative and try and put an “innocent Israel” spin on it. Thankfully everyone on here sees right through it because you know, human decency. 

To be clear, I'm referring to the very first act of hostility in the history of modern Israel from which everything happening now can be traced back to, when the Arab nations invaded Israel on its first day of existence and tried to snuff it out at birth.

To be clear, I'm referring to the very first act of hostility in the history of modern Israel from which everything happening now can be traced back to, when the Arab nations invaded Israel on its first day of existence and tried to snuff it out at birth.

To be clear Israel are committing genocide right now this very day and innocent civilians and children are being left homeless and often dead. You are defending that. You. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

To be clear Israel are committing genocide right now this very day and innocent civilians and children are being left homeless and often dead. You are defending that. You. 

Utter nonsense. You're going to have to stop talking such complete crap. Genocide isn't "police being heavy-handed" or "rent-dodgers being evicted" or "Jews building houses where they shouldn't" and you demean the real victims of genocide by using it here.

• Downvote 3