You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Anubis

23 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Seen us linked with that Fulham CB Tosin Adarabioyo, really hope that is all bollocks. He's poor and his passing under even the smallest press is terrible

The left back though... one of those great Everton business decisions letting him go.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

The left back though... one of those great Everton business decisions letting him go.

Didn't realise he played for them. If he wasnt about to turn 27 I reckon we'd be all over him. 

Still home grown and considering the effort he puts in I don't think the age would put us off if the price was right. He's probably signed up long term though, so a non-starter. 

Ait-Nouri is the obvious target for me in that position, if we're looking at that. And he's good enough technically where you could play him with Robertson, even, and then at some point replace him. A bit how like we could maybe play Trent and Bradley at the same time.

40 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Still home grown and considering the effort he puts in I don't think the age would put us off if the price was right. He's probably signed up long term though, so a non-starter. 

Especially with Edwards back I really can't see us touching anyone over 24 unless they are on a free or knockdown price. 

As 3stacks has said Alt-Nouri is a obvious choice but City appear to want him as the 90ml on Gvardiol and 50ml on Ake isn't enough for them. Milos Kerkez is another they might look at plays wide left or left back for Bournemouth and was bought by Richard Hughes last summer. 

Patrick Dorgu of Lecce has been linked a few months back. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Especially with Edwards back I really can't see us touching anyone over 24 unless they are on a free or knockdown price. 

As 3stacks has said Alt-Nouri is a obvious choice but City appear to want him as the 90ml on Gvardiol and 50ml on Ake isn't enough for them. Milos Kerkez is another they might look at plays wide left or left back for Bournemouth and was bought by Richard Hughes last summer. 

Patrick Dorgu of Lecce has been linked a few months back. 

Pep loves collecting full backs.

12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ait Nouri is this years Cucurella.

Don't think so

he has been getting better and better each year and he has been playing in the league since 2020 so the best part of 4 season and will still be only 23 at the start next season.

• Upvote 1

Some highlights of the young Sunderland keeper we keep getting linked with. 

Not sure if taking the job as a number 2 at his age would do him any favours, especially as unless he has told the club anything different or for some reason they don't give him a new deal Alisson should still be going for at least another 3 or 4 years at the top

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Don't think so

he has been getting better and better each year and he has been playing in the league since 2020 so the best part of 4 season and will still be only 23 at the start next season.

Cucurella played three full seasons in La Liga before moving to Brighton and being their Player of the Year when he was 23.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cucurella played three full seasons in La Liga before moving to Brighton and being their Player of the Year when he was 23.

Cucurella got to Chelsea and people found out that he wasnt actually a good footballer. Ait-Nouri might not become a top player, but if so, it wont be because of the talent. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Cucurella got to Chelsea and people found out that he wasnt actually a good footballer. Ait-Nouri might not become a top player, but if so, it wont be because of the talent

Why did you have to wait until Cucurella got to Chelsea (after playing constantly in some very good technical sides and coming through the Masia) to find that out but you already know that is not the case with Ait Nouri?

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why did you have to wait until Cucurella got to Chelsea (after playing constantly in some very good technical sides and coming through the Masia) to find that out but you already know that is not the case with Ait Nouri?

I had no real opinion on Cucurella until he went to Chelsea. Im not sure I ever commented on his ability level at all. If you have enough of a recollection of his time in La Liga and Brighton and you can compare that with Ait-Nouri at the present time, that is awesome for you. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I had no real opinion on Cucurella until he went to Chelsea. Im not sure I ever commented on his ability level at all. If you have enough of a recollection of his time in La Liga and Brighton and you can compare that with Ait-Nouri at the present time, that is awesome for you. 

Ah, it looked like when you said "People found out he wasn't a good footballer" it meant you already knew that. 

Ait Nouri will do very well to become any club's player of the year - personally I don't think he is at that level which is why I made the comparison. I guess we will need to wait for him to move to see if he is any good.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ah, it looked like when you said "People found out he wasn't a good footballer" it meant you already knew that. 

Ait Nouri will do very well to become any club's player of the year - personally I don't think he is at that level which is why I made the comparison. I guess we will need to wait for him to move to see if he is any good.

I mean, who cares about being some team's Player of the year. 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Other than the team who they play for, the players they play with and their fans, nobody.

Great, so nothing about suitability as a signing, or talent, which is what we were discussing. Awesome. 

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Great, so nothing about suitability as a signing, or talent, which is what we were discussing. Awesome. 

Well, if every player on your team thinks you are the best (and this was a Brighton side far better, and full of better players than Wolves) it is a direct reflection of your talent. 

I gave Ait Nouri my boy status in 2021. He's quality but seems to have the stamina of a wet paper bag. He's probably best signing for a team that can afford 90m on a 60 minute player.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Well, if every player on your team thinks you are the best (and this was a Brighton side far better, and full of better players than Wolves) it is a direct reflection of your talent. 

Look, if you think Cucurella is better than Ait-Nouri, that's really cool.