You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rugby World Cup 2023

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

The technology is excellent, but I have no doubt an Argentine player would have been yellow carded by Dickson

for the late shot then.

From the audio, they are clearly looking for what started it, Argentinas 5, and his grappling (is that what you mean?) was secondary and not the snidest of things that went on, in my opinion. 

17 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Opinions are like aresholes, so they say. 

I'm watching Irish TV, the co commentator and all 3 in the studio said it was a yellow card. That try has come from another very soft penalty given to Wales.

Just now, No2 said:

I'm watching Irish TV, the co commentator and all 3 in the studio said it was a yellow card. That try has come from another very soft penalty given to Wales.

What do they know!

Seriously though, I’d go as far to say you could combine all the 4 teams on this side of the draw from this game and the England/Fiji game and that combined team, wouldn’t put a glove on the other 4 teams on the opposite side of the draw.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carradona said:

Getting nervous now about the Irish game.

Think it will be a cracker, tho for me, the discipline of each team and penalties conceded, will be the telling margin. All very finally balanced. 

Fair play NZ squad ethics, a key all black winger breaks a squad rule and he’s dropped before this game, could be an indication of said discipline. 

16 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

What do they know!

Seriously though, I’d go as far to say you could combine all the 4 teams on this side of the draw from this game and the England/Fiji game and that combined team, wouldn’t put a glove on the other 4 teams on the opposite side of the draw.

The best 4 teams are not on the opposite side of the draw though. The winner of Wales-Argentina will play Ireland or the All Blacks.

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The best 4 teams are not on the opposite side of the draw though. The winner of Wales-Argentina will play Ireland or the All Blacks.

I’m referring to the grouping and how it split the 4 best teams into a half that made them face one another.

all tournaments don’t allow group teams to meet again until the final. 

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Shows Matt Dawson up for the bluenose charlatan he is. Predicted a northern hemisphere shutout.

I think the all blacks will fustigate Ireland in the next game. After the games against the Boks and Scotland they've nothing left in the tank.

I hope you are wrong. I just think Ireland are on a roll,.when you are winning and playing well tiredness isnt something thats entertained. They get the job done and they aren't afraid of NZ. Fucking get into them.

C'mon Ireland make it so.

19 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Shows Matt Dawson up for the bluenose charlatan he is. Predicted a northern hemisphere shutout.

I think the all blacks will fustigate Ireland in the next game. After the games against the Boks and Scotland they've nothing left in the tank.

Ireland had a 2 week break after SA and the game was won by halftime v Scotland. The bench was emptied very early in that game, I don't think tiredness will be a factor of any significance. 

54 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's going to be Rugby World Cup 2024 by the time this fucking thing finishes, how are they only just out of the group stages, it started 6 weeks ago.

7 weeks and 2 days from opening game to the final mate. They could have done it quicker by playing more games midweek, but it's been spread further out.

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

I hope you are wrong. I just think Ireland are on a roll,.when you are winning and playing well tiredness isnt something thats entertained. They get the job done and they aren't afraid of NZ. Fucking get into them.

C'mon Ireland make it so.

I hope I'm wrong mate, Ireland have been amazing, I didn't think Farrell had it in him to be such a good coach. And we need a northern hemisphere winner.

You can just never write the all blacks off.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I hope I'm wrong mate, Ireland have been amazing, I didn't think Farrell had it in him to be such a good coach. And we need a northern hemisphere winner.

You can just never write the all blacks off.

Ireland mustn't let the occasion get to them. That could be their undoing.