You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Doubters

AngryOfTuebrook

Anyone else getting bored of the constant bitching and exaggerating of moaning twats all over the place?

Three of the last four seasons have been among the very best in the history of this club.  Now that we're having a rough season all the gloom-lovers are out in force, convinced that we're nailed on to finish no higher than where we are now. 

Fuck that shit. The second half of the season will be better than the first and other teams who have overachieved so far will find their level.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Anyone else getting bored of the constant bitching and exaggerating of moaning twats all over the place?

Three of the last four seasons have been among the very best in the history of this club.  Now that we're having a rough season all the gloom-lovers are out in force, convinced that we're nailed on to finish no higher than where we are now. 

Fuck that shit. The second half of the season will be better than the first and other teams who have overachieved so far will find their level.

People are free to express their frustration but some of the 'moaning' is well over the top in my opinion.

This is one season (we're about halfway through so it's not even over) when we havent played well. But Ive stood through 67 to 72 on the Kop when we bounced between 4th and 5th then 1990 to 2016 in the now SKD Upper when Jurgen arrived when we bounced more often than not between 4th and 8th. Sure there were some good seasons in the latter period, 92 when we won the cup was pretty dire, 2001, 2005 for example and there was only a couple of other seasons when we had a tilt at the title and came up short.

Ive stood and sat through far worse than this season. Many of the players we signed during the latter of those 2 spells were beyond dire as well.

We are poor right now, I think the players are mentally shot but when I think of some players we have had, still think we're spoilt. Hopefully, the players rediscover their mojo in the rest of the season. If they dont, Jurgen has to ship them out, simple as.

• Upvote 5

The inaction of not doing more to retain our title in 20/21 is still my main frustration. It also showed me how FSG view the club,as just one of their many sports club portfolios. This means our club is likely to stay sound financially but the on field success is going to depend heavily on our manager and staff squeezing blood out of stones. Personally I am blase about the whole way football is going but LFC will likely be a peaks and troughs club because of the corruption and lack of regulation around them. 

Just a minor, pedantic point; FSG obviously haven't done enough to refresh the midfield in the last few transfer windows, but dismissing the signings of Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota as "inaction" in the wake of our title win is just wrong. If Pickford had assaulted Robbo instead of Virg, we still could have had a strong title challenge in 2020/21.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just a minor, pedantic point; FSG obviously haven't done enough to refresh the midfield in the last few transfer windows, but dismissing the signings of Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota as "inactivity" is just wrong. If Pickford had assaulted Robbo instead of Virg, we still could have had a strong title challenge in 2020/21.

And if my Auntie had bollocks,etc...

I think the negativity is more borne of frustration, not just of how this season has gone (which it has, poorly) but also because even though we’ve been up there challenging and winning shiny things, many could see there wasn’t enough investment in keeping the squad at the top. That’s not to say that there hasn’t been any investment, of course there has, but specifically the centre back situation a couple of seasons ago and the current midfield situation, which a lot of fans were calling well before they became issues.

As with many on here, I’ve seen us win everything except the Cup Winners Cup and over the decades I’ve had my money’s worth. Fuck me, being in Istanbul was worth every penny I and my family have spent alone.

I’ve no doubt top four is within our grasp if we get our shit together, but it has to be said, currently, it’s looking a tad problematic.

• Upvote 1

Theres Rawk if people want an echo chamber. I've been using this site for donkeys years because it's all manner of gobshites. The mood reflects performances you only have to hear podcasts or YouTubers whose glasses are usually half full no matter what to see its a bit grim this season and there's nothing wrong with venting about it. Yeah if it's constant fair enough and over the top, unless it's a match thread which for me is like an emotional outburst amnesty thread.  There's always going to be weirdos like lunatics who want Klopp out but look at something like Rawk they won't even allow and FSG thread because Mods don't like conversations unless it's everything they want to hear, heaven forbid they dont get involved if they don't like it and leave other people too it.

• Upvote 1

The only thing i am pissed off about, just don't understand why the frigging hell we have allowed it to happen and frankly see as negligent, is what we have just allowed to happen in midfield.

It is fucking appalling and should never have been allowed to happen.

The rest of what has happened on and off the pitch in recent years is as good as could really hope for - but the midfield clusterfuck is IMHO as unforgiveable as it is unfathomable.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Can't help but feel Real Madrid did to Liverpool, the same as Liverpool did to Barca. 

Nah, it was the city villa result. Anyone would have a hard time convincing me if villa hadnt capitulated so spectacularly on the last day of the league season, that wouldnt have given us an extra bounce in our step in the CL final.

9 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Nah, it was the city villa result. Anyone would have a hard time convincing me if villa hadnt capitulated so spectacularly on the last day of the league season, that wouldnt have given us an extra bounce in our step in the CL final.

Didn't Gerrard take Coutinho off who was playing really well. Was Coutinho injured. It does grind the gears the level we've had to play at and losing out yet Arsenal could win this league at a canter.

On 19/01/2023 at 22:28, AngryOfTuebrook said: