You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck UEFA And Fuck The French Lying Cunts

14 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You must have a ticket that was registered to you and bought from the club or UEFA.

I'm fucked as I went on the lad next to me on main stand as he was successful in ballot and I wasn't. 

27 minutes ago, ralph said:

You must have a ticket that was registered to you and bought from the club or UEFA.

I'm fucked as I went on the lad next to me on main stand as he was successful in ballot and I wasn't. 

Mine wasn't in my name either but I still filled it in. How closely are they going to check everything if 2k complain?

IMO, it'll be more cost effective and less embarrassing /  for UEFA / whoever to do an out of court settlement than go to trial. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Mine wasn't in my name either but I still filled it in. How closely are they going to check everything if 2k complain?

IMO, it'll be more cost effective and less embarrassing /  for UEFA / whoever to do an out of court settlement than go to trial. 

They've got truckloads of lawyers, Swiss ones at that, so unless you're backed by an oil state they will drag it out for years.

Unfortunately, probably very closely.

Can see UEFA saying "x% of the people that claimed compensation didn't even have legitimate tickets" and try and make that the story instead. Bastards!

14 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

They've got truckloads of lawyers, Swiss ones at that, so unless you're backed by an oil state they will drag it out for years.

Suppose it'll depend on what their own investigation says. Given the French Senate has already placed a marker and all the press (for once) seem to be on our side, it'll be a surprise if they don't find failings somewhere. No doubt they'll blame the French, who were certainly a huge part of the issue.

However, if this was to go to court, imagine Pogust Goodhead calling 2k witnesses, all the mobile footage from the night and all the stories of gassing, robbings, assaults, missing large parts of the game etc and it becomes highly, highly embarrassing for all concerned. 

I suppose it depends on where any hearings would take place. With the French Senate report already out, you'd assume they'd lose there and they'd lose in the UK. Even UEFA contesting any claim is a huge PR own goal.

IMO, they'll look to settle this quickly. 

But yeah, logically, you would think they (and particularly their sponsors) wouldn't want the bad press so would settle out of court. However the opposing argument would be if they settle then that could be perceived as an admission of guilt too. 

They may think that if they can throw enough mud and delay it long enough then they may well get off with it and then tell everyone "we were found not guilty of any wrongdoing" as and turn it back on the fans.

Either way, I would be prepared for  the eventuality of a lot of smears being aimed in our direction from UEFA and it's friends again until it all starts. 

6 minutes ago, HBenn said:

Unfortunately, probably very closely.

Can see UEFA saying "x% of the people that claimed compensation didn't even have legitimate tickets" and try and make that the story instead. Bastards!

It'd assume UEFA will say here is £X, the solicitors will take their 30% and the rest will be divided equally. I'd be very surprised if they reviewed each case on an individual basis.

Just now, Scott_M said:

It'd assume UEFA will say here is £X, the solicitors will take their 30% and the rest will be divided equally. I'd be very surprised if they reviewed each case on an individual basis.

You may well be right, I don't know. 

However unfortunately in truth, how many of these type of high profile court cases are fought just in the courts? They may well pay a PR company as well as top class lawyers. 

That media company may advise them to do something like that so that by the time it comes to court the fans have already been discredited. 

I wouldn't put it past them to get hold of a load of LFC fan sites, like this, and be reading these very comments. 

3 minutes ago, HBenn said:

You may well be right, I don't know. 

However unfortunately in truth, how many of these type of high profile court cases are fought just in the courts? They may well pay a PR company as well as top class lawyers. 

That media company may advise them to do something like that so that by the time it comes to court the fans have already been discredited. 

I wouldn't put it past them to get hold of a load of LFC fan sites, like this, and be reading these very comments. 

I hope they are. The ticket wasn't in my name but I had a legitimate ticket, which I can prove though messages etc between my mate & I. I've clearly put my version of events in here and they are very much in line with others accounts. I was pick pocketed and the whole farce has left me feeling like I don't want to go back to the game. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I hope they are. The ticket wasn't in my name but I had a legitimate ticket, which I can prove though messages etc between my mate & I. I've clearly put my version of events in here and they are very much in line with others accounts. I was pick pocketed and the whole farce has left me feeling like I don't want to go back to the game. 

I am sorry to hear that. It's terrible you and others had to go through such crap just to watch a game of football. 

I was unsuccessful in the ballot but wanted to experience some of the atmosphere so I stayed with some friends and went to the fanzone there. That was nowhere near as bad as your experience but it wasn't too great an experience either with the French causing a bit of a crush with the way the police vans were setup as we tried to get in to watch the game in the fanzone.

My only concern for you would be that strictly speaking weren't the tickets non-transferable? Before I found out about the ballot I knew that my relative also couldn't go and so my mate wanted to go. I was told by the ticket office that it had to be the person whose name was on the season ticket. I said the person was on the friends and family list and they said that only applied to games at Anfield. I was disgusted by that.

That advice may have been crap but 

I wouldn't be surprised for them to ask the club for all of the season ticket names of the people bringing the cases, compare the two and look for discrepancies. It would take about 2 mins in excel. 

It's an absolute bullshit excuse because the ticket is legit but would you put it past these bastards? They have shown that "football isn't for the people" and I can see them doing all sorts to protect their reputation at our expense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HBenn said:

I am sorry to hear that. It's terrible you and others had to go through such crap just to watch a game of football. 

I was unsuccessful in the ballot but wanted to experience some of the atmosphere so I stayed with some friends and went to the fanzone there. That was nowhere near as bad as your experience but it wasn't too great an experience either with the French causing a bit of a crush with the way the police vans were setup as we tried to get in to watch the game in the fanzone.

My only concern for you would be that strictly speaking weren't the tickets non-transferable? Before I found out about the ballot I knew that my relative also couldn't go and so my mate wanted to go. I was told by the ticket office that it had to be the person whose name was on the season ticket. I said the person was on the friends and family list and they said that only applied to games at Anfield. I was disgusted by that.

That advice may have been crap but 

I wouldn't be surprised for them to ask the club for all of the season ticket names of the people bringing the cases, compare the two and look for discrepancies. It would take about 2 mins in excel. 

It's an absolute bullshit excuse because the ticket is legit but would you put it past these bastards? They have shown that "football isn't for the people" and I can see them doing all sorts to protect their reputation at our expense.

My mate took his lads to the Fan Zone, 13 & 11 or something, and they were all tear gassed after the game. 

We'll see on the claim. If I get something then great, if I don't then I tried. Given they were paper tickets how could they enforce that they were non-transferable? My Dad bought an inflated price one via UEFA which somebody else transferred to him via the UEFA app.

I can understand anyone not wanting to go again. The reality is this wasn't even an isolated incident. UEFA finals are always a fuck up of some sort. Just a week or so before this game, rangers and Frankfurt fans were complaining about their treatment in Seville. Another place that can be a cunt to go to as an away fan. France as a country is shite to go to as an away fan, I've probably had more bad experiences in France than all my others travelling put together. So it was absolutely inevitable it would be a shit experience at some point of the trip. 

We decided to stay away from where the bulk of our fans would be because of this during our trip, so our time there was only shit at the stadium. But we had some mates who went to the fan park in the day and said it was all very heavy handed and by all accounts got worse in the evening. 

The only real way for this to all change is if we refuse to go. Not just a final or whatever. Leave the grounds empty on CL night. If this uefa report is a whitewash, we should absolutely organise something for the next game. The walk out over tickets was very successful, so maybe something like that. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

My mate took his lads to the Fan Zone, 13 & 11 or something, and they were all tear gassed after the game. 

We'll see on the claim. If I get something then great, if I don't then I tried. Given they were paper tickets how could they enforce that they were non-transferable? My Dad bought an inflated price one via UEFA which somebody else transferred to him via the UEFA app.

Well good luck with the claim, hope you are least get something for the crap you went through. 

What a fucking disgrace. The Daily Wail has published an article that comprehensively points the finger of blame for the CL Final chaos at UEFA, the French Police, poor stewarding and loss of control. They say they are prepared to discuss the events and evidence they have with the relevant authorities making clear Liverpool fans were not to blame and, even Real fans were affected.

Despite all this, comments on the article are subject to moderation. Just one comment has been published on the article. Predictably, it says ' No mention of fans without tickets trying and succeeding in getting in.'

Im sure their 'moderators' are either chelsea or united supporting scum because no normal person would allow that comment to be published totally at odds with what the article states.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

What a fucking disgrace. The Daily Wail has published an article that comprehensively points the finger of blame for the CL Final chaos at UEFA, the French Police, poor stewarding and loss of control. They say they are prepared to discuss the events and evidence they have with the relevant authorities making clear Liverpool fans were not to blame and, even Real fans were affected.

Despite all this, comments on the article are subject to moderation. Just one comment has been published on the article. Predictably, it says ' No mention of fans without tickets trying and succeeding in getting in.'

Im sure their 'moderators' are either chelsea or united supporting scum because no normal person would allow that comment to be published totally at odds with what the article states.

Everton fan all over it that. 

22 hours ago, HBenn said:

Well good luck with the claim, hope you are least get something for the crap you went through. 

Thanks.

To be clear, my situation wasn’t that bad. I was held about 5 yards from the turnstiles for over an hour and was pickpocketed.

I’m more concerned that others who were treated significantly worse than me are compensated - all those in that escalating queue under the motorway, those who were tear gassed, those who were beaten, all those who missed large proportions of the game…  Everybody I’ve spoken to was having a genuinely good day until they got off that Metro.

I’m more upset about the above and what could have happened.

I also feel awful for my wife & Dad not knowing what was going on. My Dad paid significantly over the odds for his ticket, was in a different part of the ground to me and breezes in. He had no idea what was happening, he was looking for my flag and can’t see it, him and my wife were frantic at stories circulating… the fact very few were significantly hurt (and they were from assaults) is something of a miracle.

If adding my name to the list helps the above get some sort of compensation for their ordeal, then great. Most importantly, lessons are learned and this sort of fucking shambles doesn’t happen again, then I’ll be satisfied.

If I get something, even better (obviously!), it’s not my main prerogative. 

27 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Thanks.

To be clear, my situation wasn’t that bad. I was held about 5 yards from the turnstiles for over an hour and was pickpocketed.

I’m more concerned that others who were treated significantly worse than me are compensated - all those in that escalating queue under the motorway, those who were tear gassed, those who were beaten, all those who missed large proportions of the game…  Everybody I’ve spoken to was having a genuinely good day until they got off that Metro.

I’m more upset about the above and what could have happened.

I also feel awful for my wife & Dad not knowing what was going on. My Dad paid significantly over the odds for his ticket, was in a different part of the ground to me and breezes in. He had no idea what was happening, he was looking for my flag and can’t see it, him and my wife were frantic at stories circulating… the fact very few were significantly hurt (and they were from assaults) is something of a miracle.

If adding my name to the list helps the above get some sort of compensation for their ordeal, then great. Most importantly, lessons are learned and this sort of fucking shambles doesn’t happen again, then I’ll be satisfied.

If I get something, even better (obviously!), it’s not my main prerogative. 

Good on you. 

In no way did I think it was your main preogative, hope it didn't come across like that. I think the way you all were treated and the crap that continued after the game was disgusting. 

Hope it doesn't stop you and your family going to games but could well understand if it did. 

Anyway, like you say, here is to winning it in Istanbul! All the best!