You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Female Solo Artist - Poll

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

She had a great voice, Aretha would tell you that if you get the Ouija board out, Mavis Staples is a good shout. 

2 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

She had a great voice, Aretha would tell you that if you get the Ouija board out, Mavis Staples is a good shout. 

culled 

her

because

she

was

last 

thanks 

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Frode - who is the crazy blond girl (assumed to be from the Scand) who does shows with (I think) her beau? Kind of a rapper I guess.

She is thin and a loon, you will know.

I think I need a little bit more. 

Enya

PJ Harvey

Nina Simone 

Diana Ross

Melody Gardot 

Etta James

Sister Rosetta Sharpe

They're just my favourites. But its leaving out the likes of these which is a kind of madness. Prob tons more I haven't thought of.

Dolly Parton 

Stevie Nicks

Dusty Springfield 

Amy Winehouse

Joan Armatrading

Janis Joplin 

Dionne Warwick 

Joni Mitchell 

Billy Holiday

Carly Simon

Tina Turner

Carole King

Gladys Knight 

Gloria Gaynor 

Donna Summer 

Debbie Harry

• Upvote 1

Nina Simone

Bjork

Dusty Springfield

Amy Winehouse

Etta James

Eva Cassidy

Patti Smith

Leaving more modern options of Devon Sproule, Miya Folick, Laura Mvula, Sarah Elizabeth Charles and Laura Stevenson out as they won't get the votes.

Aretha should absolutely be in the bracket as well, Nina gets my vote ahead of her tbh.