You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Sep 21-22 2018)

tlw content

As long as we’re winning it doesn’t really matter what anyone else does but it’s always amusing to see United struggle, just as it’s incredibly frustrating to see City continue to just roll over everyone.

Thank God for Wolves who managed to take two points off City before also going to Old Trafford and frustrating United too. I’ll get to that shortly, but I’ll kick things off with City and a thoroughly predictable routine thrashing off Cardiff. 

I have no idea what the fuck Cardiff were doing though really. I mean I know it’s tough playing City, but look at how they lined up for the first goal. The defenders were in a line deep in their own box and the midfielders were in a line about 25 yards out. City’s players just stood in between them passing the ball to eachother and eventually Aguero scored. It was obvious from that point it was going to be a long afternoon for the newly promoted side.

City’s second came from a corner they should never have had though. The Cardiff keeper caught a cross and was adjudged to have taken it over the line. He didn’t. If it was over the line then it was over from the initial cross. Not that it would have made any difference to the overall result, but City are so good they don’t need this kind of help so it’s fucking annoying to see.

Gundogan scored a brilliant third and Mahrez came off the bench to add a couple more. City were brilliant but Cardiff made it much more difficult for themselves by the mistakes they made. They were never going to get anything from the game but a lot of the damage was self inflicted. I don’t think they even had a shot and City won’t have an easier game this season, except maybe when they play Everton, (depending on how close we are to City at the time, obviously). 

Warnock was smiling and laughing again afterwards. He’s the most relaxed manager in the league right now, he genuinely doesn’t seem to give a fuck, and why should he? Like i said last week, he’s playing with house money this season.

Lee Peltier plays for Cardiff. I didn’t know that. I used to watch him at the Academy. Him and Danny Guthrie were the stand outs from that team. I really thought Guthrie would have had a much better career than he’s had though. He’s playing in Indonesia now, which seems like a waste to me as he should still be playing in the Premier League.

Peltier has had to come up the hard way but he’s here now so good for him. The one thing I remember most about him was he was a ferocious tackler who frequently got himself into bother in ressies games because of it. He’s playing for Neil Warnock now though, so that won’t be a problem. In fact it’s probably why he’s there.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that PL Round Ups are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic

Elsewhere, Huddersfield took the lead at Leicester when Jorgenson fired home fol..........

Fulham and Leicester played out an entertaining 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage........

Didn't know Leicester have  2 teams  in the premier league now Dave ?

Gotta be a first and i thought Everton did everything first .........

As I recall Dave, Howe went to Burnley around 2010-2011, when he was quite the bright young thing but it looked like finances at Bournemouth would remain more limited and stop them matching his own ambitions.  

While he was there his Mum died fairly suddenly, which ultimately played a part in him bringing his time to an end and coming back down.  He’s since said publicly he struggled being hundreds of miles away when it happened and coming back helped with the grief.

Most likely he was the link which originally took Ings to Burnley from AFCB, but can’t remember that for sure.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic