You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace 0 Liverpool 2 (Aug 20 2018)

tlw content

I assumed Hodgson coudn't look more of an arsehole than he usually does , but he has launched into Watford's hornet mascot for taking the piss out of Zaha's diving a few years back & pompously announced that he would ' have a word' with Palace's mascot if he ever did something like that !!

Would you really have a different take had the penalty been at the other end? The only reason there is any controversy over it is because the hacks have identified a narrative seam they will be able to mine endlessly this season, i.e. previously pure-as-driven-snow Mo is a diver! He'll be doing well if he gets one more penalty this season.

I'd have definitely been annoyed it if went against us, although I'd also have not been impressed with the defender nibbling away like that.

Mo needs to work on his falling technique, he's a little too theatrical. Makes it look too much like a dive the way he flings his arms up.

I disagree about the narrative. Most pundits said it was a pen and a red card. Not really seen too many having a go at Mo, other than Palace fans and Hodgson, which is to be expected. 

Slightly disagree on Salah. We need to be more shithouse, win pens and get players sent off. That's one of the benefits of having star players - they get the benefit of the doubt. We had 12 pens in 13/14, many of them decisive. Suarez was a master at it.

I said he milked both incidents and in the case of the sending off may have even played for it.

I didn't say I frowned upon it!

I've no idea what that bellend Milivojević was on about though. Claiming he wasn't whining about the penalty when he was busy whining about the penalty. He claimed there was no contact with Salah. Get yourself to Specsavers, you fucking bellend.

There's no way anyone on that pitch other than Sakho and Salah could have known if there was any contact, so he's talking shite.

There was clearly contact, and Sakho is a clumsy cunt anyway.  Whether there was enough contact is another issue.  I'm glad it boiled the Owl's piss though.  Makes it that much sweeter.

And as for the red card, the defender didn't contest the decision, he just trooped off the pitch.  That tells its own story.

• Upvote 1

Something else I forgot to put in the report.

When Sakho was here I liked him and thought he was a good player. Maybe not top drawer, but I never agreed with the "he's not good enough for Liverpool" brigade.

I watch him now and think "was I fucking blind?". He's shite. 

• Upvote 1

Something else I forgot to put in the report.

When Sakho was here I liked him and thought he was a good player. Maybe not top drawer, but I never agreed with the "he's not good enough for Liverpool" brigade.

I watch him now and think "was I fucking blind?". He's shite.

I remember when he came in, he was touted as the marquee signing by Ayre and lots of us were excited by prospect of seeing him in our team. Also wasn't there a news that he broke the gym equipment because he was too strong. Real Bambi on ice character. Now he's stuck with crystal palace with no other big team even looking at him.