You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

It is Klopps decision. Zorg or Edwards, Klopp wanted VVD and Klopp doesn't want anyone else. Subotic instead of Klavan and I think we have 3 points today. And i'd say the same thing for Wednesday as well, but as Boss said it took him 2 years at Dortmund.

The atsmophere has been shit all season, in my opinion some fans need to have a close look at their own behaviour and wind their necks in.

Hes not helping either though as has been noted numerous times now.

So are you saying Klopp is weak? Or what?

I can't see an answer that puts him in a particularly good light.

So hes a top line football manager who cant spot or recruit his own players now?

I see.

I like Klopp, i was overjoyed he rocked up at Liverpool. 

I thought he would address obvious weaknesses.

I thought he would be the new broom that cleaned out the dross.

He hasn't done these things.

Name me another top European club where the manager has the final say on scouting and recruiting. 

Every manager goes through a bad period. It took Klopp 7 years to build that Dortmund team and they got rid of him after a poor season where he finished 7th, got them to a cup final and through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

It was a momentary blip. One of his signings (Mkhitaryan) ended up being the best player in the Bundesliga the following season and Aubameyang ended up becoming a world class centre forward.

We'll inevitably hit a down period with him, and maybe that's this season. Maybe it's a good thing for the fans to put the hero worship to one side and treat him as they would any other manager, but we need to remember he hasn't been here a full two years yet.

The defence and keeper situation is a shambles but he doesn't have £250m per season to spend on whoever he wants like Pep and Mourinho. He's dealt with the attack. Once Keita is here and Lallana is back, and maybe Coutinho shipped off for a player who's heart is on the task then we'll see the midfield similarly transformed. 

I'm sure he'll start to focus much more specifically on the defence and keeper positions in the next few years, but of course he's going to say they're good players when he's asked about them now. He's not going to iron them out in public or cause unnecessary division in the team when he has no choice but to play them at this time.

Well said. Thank you for taking the time to try to find a bit of perspective on a forum that has far too many losing it at the moment.

Hes not helping either though as has been noted numerous times now.

He's not the one losing all perspective and ignoring anything positive to focus on the negative.

They've been shit. Negative and impatient. I knew it would happen, when we never bought the players every one wanted they were waiting for the first sign they were right and it has been that way since the first day.

Hes just had a summer window and spent £35 mill on a superfluous centre mid, who he cant find room for.

Maybe, but we will have to see.

What we do know is Klopp places a high emphasis on training, and in particular, a sequence of high intensity sessions to get the players up to speed. AOC hasn't done that yet. He needs to learn what Klopp wants the team to do, and he needs to get those sessions under his belt. Then we will see how he will be used.

• Upvote 1

So are you saying Klopp is weak? Or what?

I can't see an answer that puts him in a particularly good light.

So hes a top line football manager who cant spot or recruit his own players now?

I see.

I like Klopp, i was overjoyed he rocked up at Liverpool. 

I thought he would address obvious weaknesses.

I thought he would be the new broom that cleaned out the dross.

He hasn't done these things.

Serious question mate I'm not having a go,

If Klopp left / or was sacked at the end of this season who would you go for ?   I agree with the points you have been making about our defence and how Klopp doesn't learn or doesn't acknowledge the need to buy any other keeper or defender but I cant think of anyone who realistically would come here who would get us challenging for a title based on the money City / Chelsea and the mancs spend compared to what we would spend. Ancellotti maybe? i'd like to see Klopp spend £200m in one window and see where that took us unfortunately with FSG it will never happen.

He's not the one losing all perspective and ignoring anything positive to focus on the negative.

They've been shit. Negative and impatient. I knew it would happen, when we never bought the players every one wanted they were waiting for the first sign they were right and it has been that way since the first day.

Genuinely not trying to be insulting but that is way over the top and just not the case.

And they went and conceded 63 the following season.

On an individual level I believe Clyne-Matip-Lovren-Milner is about on par with Simpson-Huth-Morgan-Fuchs. There's a massive difference in the setup of the teams and the protection they get and the opponent's tactics. Schmeichel is also a significantly better keeper than either Mignolet or Karius.

If you want Liverpool to set up like Leicester ie. the Hodgson experiment we probably hover around 7-8th most seasons.

So our only options are carry on as we are or setup like a Hodgson team? Righty-ho.

Maybe, but we will have to see.

What we do know is Klopp places a high emphasis on training, and in particular, a sequence of high intensity sessions to get the players up to speed. AOC hasn't done that yet. He needs to learn what Klopp wants the team to do, and he needs to get those sessions under his belt. Then we will see how he will be used.

While he's doing that, we still don't have 2 competent centre backs.

Serious question mate I'm not having a go,

If Klopp left / or was sacked at the end of this season who would you go for ?   I agree with the points you have been making about our defence and how Klopp doesn't learn or doesn't acknowledge the need to buy any other keeper or defender but I cant think of anyone who realistically would come here who would get us challenging for a title based on the money City / Chelsea and the mancs spend compared to what we would spend. Ancellotti maybe? i'd like to see Klopp spend £200m in one window and see where that took us unfortunately with FSG it will never happen.

Rafael Benitez.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

While he's doing that, we still don't have 2 competent centre backs.

I'm as gutted as the next man we didn't improve there in the summer. Big miss. We have to find a way to get over it though, as we can't do anything about it now. We have to back the manager and the players who are here. Hopefully there will be a change in January, if not with VVD then at least with De Vrij. And in the meantime, we have to do all we can to improve. I'm hoping Gomez kicks on and stakes a claim, but obviously we should not be in this position.

Rafael Benitez.

Same here, but I don't want to go there.

Klopp is nowhere near the end of his cycle here. Hopefully he's only just starting. Id like to see him sign VVD, and with Keita on the way we will be much better. If Can is off, let's go all out for Goretzka and we might yet come out of that smelling of roses.

Would be interested to know who people think could do a better job.

He's proven he can spot a player with both Mane and Sallah so he's already miles ahead of Rodgers on that score.

Rodgers bought Sturridge and Coutinho. It's not really the point though, is it? Two years after Klopp took over we're still a joke at the back, and unless he fixes it we're going nowhere.

• Upvote 1

Would be interested to know who people think could do a better job.

He's proven he can spot a player with both Mane and Sallah so he's already miles ahead of Rodgers on that score.

He also signed Caulker, Klavan,  Karius and Wijnaldum.

I don't put him miles ahead of Rodgers by any means...and I'm not Rodgers' biggest fan. Klopp's in-game management is woeful.

And when he signed, he said his first objective was to play with a recognisable brand of football. I genuinely don't see a massive change. I see the same situation ... strong attack- weak defence.

That train left in 2010. 7 years later he is Newcastles manager.

And fresh from promotion, they are above us in the league. Not that that means much at this stage ill grant you.

But they have a real prospect in Lascelles at the back, who is also club captain.

Someone who we could have picked up for maybe £10 mill when they went down.

Rafa is class. He's shown it in spades since he left.

I really like Klopp, but we must not be blinded, he has a massive job on.

Partly his own fault.