You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

And neither do you. Might well have been one lump sum. It's not like we're skint. Only those involved in the bid know.

I'm not claiming that I do know.

But I'll ask again, how else will it be funded?  The qualifier is hard and FSG have a history of selling before they buy.

Also Barca are sitting there with cleared funds from the Neymar sale, so there is no doubt about their ability to spend.  Whereas with us it's unknown, in my opinion.  The facts speak for themselves, otherwise where is Keita?  Where is VvD?  

I'm not claiming that I do know.

But I'll ask again, how else will it be funded?  The qualifier is hard and FSG have a history of selling before they buy.

Also Barca are sitting there with cleared funds from the Neymar sale, so there is no doubt about their ability to spend.  Whereas with us it's unknown, in my opinion.  The facts speak for themselves, otherwise where is Keita?  Where is VvD?  

How will we fund it?  - With the revenues this club has made. We are the 9th richest club in the world

The qualifier is hard - Rule number one - You don't sell your best player then do you.

Where is Keita - What are we supposed to do? Kill everyone involved with Leipzig and steal Keita away?  They simply don't want to sell him.

Where is VVD? - That's got fuck all to do with money. He's still at Southampton. A club that would rather sell him to Portsmouth then sell him to us. A club who's fans absolutely despise us right now. They aren't going to be doing us any favours. That one will probably go right down to the final day of the transfer window. That's if we get him at all.

They will sell Coutinho. Remember the first window they got a offered £25M for Skrtel from Man City and said no? They're not going to make that mistake again. Their only goal is to make money for themselves.

Remember when they could have got 40mill + 1 quid from Arsenal for Suarez? Waited till next summer and got a whole lot more for him?

Coutinho will leave one day, but it won't be this summer.

• Upvote 3

How will we fund it?  - With the revenues this club has made. We are the 9th richest club in the world

The qualifier is hard - Rule number one - You don't sell your best player then do you.

Where is Keita - What are we supposed to do? Kill everyone involved with Leipzig and steal Keita away?  They simply don't want to sell him.

Where is VVD? - That's got fuck all to do with money. He's still at Southampton. A club that would rather sell him to Portsmouth then sell him to us. A club who's fans absolutely despise us right now. They aren't going to be doing us any favours. That one will probably go right down to the final day of the transfer window. That's if we get him at all.

9th richest but also top of the tight bastards table, and by some distance.

Take your point about the qualifier, personally I think we'll hold out until after it and then sell Coutinho. Just my opinion.

A week to go till the start of the season.

The risk of Klopp being made a fool of after saying Coutinho is going nowhere.

Lallana out for 3 months.

Not being able to convince a smaller club like Leipzig to sell their star player.

Still no VVD.  

They'd be fucking lynched if the sold Coutinho now.

Plus, given how mad the market has been this summer, chances are we could get even more for Coutinho next summer if he has a storming WC.

There'd be an uproar but that'd pass if we made good enough signings. I'm not in support of it but turning down over £100mil isn't something I think they'll do, and it could get to that with either the fee alone or add-ons.

The only good thing is that it'd be out of the way and we could see what Klopp could do with quite a bit of money (after taking into account other clubs raising prices knowing we have that.) We could make the squad stronger overall but we'd probably need a big creative-type signing to replace Coutinho in some way along with that. We could maybe make a big enough offer for van Dijk as well to finally get that sorted.

There's a really negative way of looking at it with the other problems we already have, but if he does go shortly (even though I'd prefer him to stay another season) so that we have the time to make more signings it might not end up so bad.

There'd be an uproar but that'd pass if we made good enough signings. I'm not in support of it but turning down over £100mil isn't something I think they'll do, and it could get to that with either the fee alone or add-ons.

The only good thing is that it'd be out of the way and we could see what Klopp could do with quite a bit of money (after taking into account other clubs raising prices knowing we have that.) We could make the squad stronger overall but we'd probably need a big creative-type signing to replace Coutinho in some way along with that. We could maybe make a big enough offer for van Dijk as well to finally get that sorted.

There's a really negative way of looking at it with the other problems we already have, but if he does go shortly (even though I'd prefer him to stay another season) so that we have the time to make more signings it might not end up so bad.

And what signings would we be able to make so late in the day? We've struggled to sign players all summer mate for one reason or another. What makes you think we'd be able to find a replacement for Phil and a few other quality players with the Coutinho money by the end of the month? Bare in mind clubs would know we'd have 100mill plus burning a hole in the back of our pockets. It would be insane to sell now. Might as well write the season off completely if that happened. That's why it won't.

And what signings would we be able to make so late in the day? We've struggled to sign players all summer mate for one reason or another. What makes you think we'd be able to find a replacement for Phil and a few other quality players with the Coutinho money by the end of the month? Bare in mind clubs would know we'd have 100mill plus burning a hole in the back of our pockets. It would be insane to sell now. Might as well write the season off completely if that happened. That's why it won't.

I've no idea what signings we could make and I don't even have a lot of faith that it'd work out well. Am probably just trying to be optimistic because I think he's going to leave. You'd really think that we'd have the people at the club to be able to sort something out with most of the month left and all of the money they'd have. Looking at how things have gone so far though it doesn't look very certain.

It doesn't have to go to shit though if he leaves, and I can't be doing with getting so negative if we have weeks left of the window and plenty of money. Will believe that Klopp might be able to get something good done in that case before the window is closed.

I've no idea what signings we could make and I don't even have a lot of faith that it'd work out well. Am probably just trying to be optimistic because I think he's going to leave. You'd really think that we'd have the people at the club to be able to sort something out with most of the month left and all of the money they'd have. Looking at how things have gone so far though it doesn't look very certain.

It doesn't have to go to shit though if he leaves, and I can't be doing with getting so negative if we have weeks left of the window and plenty of money. Will believe that Klopp might be able to get something good done in that case before the window is closed.

If we sold Coutinho now. We'd be fucked. It's as simple as that. There isn't a player in the world we could replace him with for a fair price this late in the day. Klopp wouldn't stand for it and the fans would riot.

Anyway, I'm done here. I've told you he won't be sold. And Klopp has said countless times he won't be sold. But if you want to continue to worry about him leaving that's upto you. I've got better things to do with my life than try and convince people not to panic about him leaving.

• Upvote 3

If we sold Coutinho now. We'd be fucked. It's as simple as that. There isn't a player in the world we could replace him with for a fair price this late in the day. Klopp wouldn't stand for it and the fans would riot.

Anyway, I'm done here. I've told you he won't be sold. And Klopp has said countless times he won't be sold. But if you want to continue to worry about him leaving that's upto you. I've got better things to do with my life than try and convince people not to panic about him leaving.

Thanks mate, I can stop panicking now. Please don't start doing better the things in your life, when you can convince even more people about him not leaving instead.

Anyway, I'm done here. I've told you he won't be sold. And Klopp has said countless times he won't be sold. But if you want to continue to worry about him leaving that's upto you. I've got better things to do with my life than try and convince people not to panic about him leaving.

I wouldn't normally be bothered and I'm not worried, just trying to be realistic. If Neymar had stayed I'd be bothered about Barca saying they'd buy him to keep him happy, now that they have 200+mil to spend and pissed off fans to keep happy though I'm probably equally concerned.

It doesn't have to = a meltdown though and I actually believe that Klopp would have a good chance of getting a few players in (because we'd then have pissed off fans to keep happy) and the owners would have no excuse not to spend. So maybe we'd finally see Klopp bring some good signings in that could still make the window hackable enough for us to have a good season.

The only faith I have in all of this is that Klopp is smart enough to make it work out somehow. We might not have the best owners or the best squad, but luckily we do have one of the best managers. So things might not turn out so bad.

I get that you don't believe it'll happen though and would prefer you to be right anyway.

Remember when they could have got 40mill + 1 quid from Arsenal for Suarez? Waited till next summer and got a whole lot more for him?

Coutinho will leave one day, but it won't be this summer.

Coutinho will likely never receive a bigger bid than he will this summer.  Watch Barcelona put over a ridiculous bid... not this 90m bullshit, and FSG will snap their fucking hand off.

If we enter the season with this squad I think it'll take one more thing from FSG during the season for it to all kick off, most fans who supported them are slowly realising that they aren't putting in much of their own money and we generally selling to buy and are turning on them, if we sell Coutinho and don't get anyone or just VVD in I think we'll start seeing protests and more "FSG Out" propaganda, I hope we don't because it makes us look a bit Arsenal and the club becomes toxic, but enough would be enough. People will say they tried to buy Keita and they tried to buy Van Dijk but instead of fucking about leaking shit and pissing of Director of Footballs just stump up the money they want and both deals could have possibly been done months ago. They need to sign Van Dijk this window at a bare minimum and also now a midfielder with Lallana out, I'd take Oxlade-Chamberlain now with a guarantee we get Keita next summer, if there's an inkling from Keitas camp/village that there's a chance he could go elsewhere next summer when his clause kicks in then go big for his alternative this year and not bother with AOC.

If we enter the season with this squad I think it'll take one more thing from FSG during the season for it to all kick off, most fans who supported them are slowly realising that they aren't putting in much of their own money and we generally selling to buy and are turning on them, if we sell Coutinho and don't get anyone or just VVD in I think we'll start seeing protests and more "FSG Out" propaganda, I hope we don't because it makes us look a bit Arsenal and the club becomes toxic, but enough would be enough. People will say they tried to buy Keita and they tried to buy Van Dijk but instead of fucking about leaking shit and pissing of Director of Footballs just stump up the money they want and both deals could have possibly been done months ago. They need to sign Van Dijk this window at a bare minimum and also now a midfielder with Lallana out, I'd take Oxlade-Chamberlain now with a guarantee we get Keita next summer, if there's an inkling from Keitas camp/village that there's a chance he could go elsewhere next summer when his clause kicks in then go big for his alternative this year and not bother with AOC.

They're not putting in any of their own money and it's been a good while since the club spent what it earns too.