You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Darts Championship

The Golden Eel

Tony Green has retired from commentary so at least we don't have to listen to the old cunt banging about BDO tournaments always having the best of order. Darts has moved on hence why nearly every cunt in the BDO is always looking to jump ship for the cash.

The atmosphere,along with the barrels of cash,is one of the prime reasons Darts has been resurrected as a popular spectator and tv viewed sports. Its not my own cup of tea but I can see why more people enjoy the events now than they have done for a long time before.

Don't worry lads, the darts haven't finished quite yet

When I saw the length of the video I assumed it was the first set. Jeez, I wonder if there is enough storage capacity on the Youtube servers to host the entire match?

Buntings gone backwards

A lot of BDO players have struggled since they have made the transfer over to the PDC. I imagine darts is a confidence game and once you are playing a better standard of player and losing a lot more, it'll affect some players more than others.

There are hardly any full time players in the BDO that's why there's a huge gap in the standard generally. It's also a reason why Taylor dominated the PDC for so long, undoubtedly a massive talent but he was the only full time player for a number of years. He could practice 24/7 whilst most of the rest were working to supplement their darts careers.

There are hardly any full time players in the BDO that's why there's a huge gap in the standard generally. It's also a reason why Taylor dominated the PDC for so long, undoubtedly a massive talent but he was the only full time player for a number of years. He could practice 24/7 whilst most of the rest were working to supplement their darts careers.

I actually didn't know this.

*Scratches chin pensively.

I actually didn't know this.

*Scratches chin pensively.

Haha. I'm sure I've read a few stories floating around as to how Taylor would turn up to tournaments in his flash cars and such to piss off the other players that were scratching around for sponsorship and prize money. Obviously you've still got to be good to stay at the top for as long as he did.

The original crew would have had more time to bed in while now they have to compete straight away or fade away.

The original 16 movers is a different case of course.  Only Taylor is still playing.  I'm talking about players who played in the BDO after the split.

It's not true that they have to compete straight away.  MVG struggled for a few years after his move and now he's the best player in the world.  Anderson likewise to a lesser extent.  Others, like Bunting, hit the ground running and are now struggling a bit.  Barney won it in his first year.  Kist won the BDO and hasn't even managed to break into the top 32 of the PDC.  I don't really think there's any pattern.