You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Euro 2016 France

For all their possession football and tiki-taka trying to wear the opposition down, Spain need to recognise that it's a more effective approach when you include a forward who can look to get in behind the defence rather than always dropping deep to congest the midfield. They have forwards who can do that but they seem to want to use them all as false 9s.

Guest Pistonbroke

Lothar slating Woy there

Why you playing players out of position. Why bring Milner in with no pace to give the Russians the chance to hit the flanks.

Well in Lothar

Pundits in the German studio were saying the same things. They said England have a dangerous team with young hungry players but a weak defence, but a good attack minded team can get you far in tournaments, but no point having that potential if you have a manager holding it back. 

I don't think bringing Milner on was in itself a factor in the game slipping away from England. The real issue was that the attack became a total non-factor as Kane was having an off-night (he's a better player than what he showed), Lallana had faded in the second half and Woy didn't bring a pacy attacker off the bench to keep the Russian defence occupied. As a result, the Russians kept gaining territory and were able to push a centre back forward to try and create havoc.

Guest Pistonbroke

I don't think bringing Milner on was in itself a factor in the game slipping away from England. The real issue was that the attack became a total non-factor as Kane was having an off-night (he's a better player than what he showed), Lallana had faded in the second half and Woy didn't bring a pacy attacker off the bench to keep the Russian defence occupied. As a result, the Russians kept gaining territory and were able to push a centre back forward to try and create havoc.

I see Kane is getting a lot of stick from the shit media and pundits, someone has to shoulder the blame, can't slag Woy n Wayne's world. 

I wonder if pervy cameraman will provide us with some hot, blonde Swedish lady shots today?

He has a public duty to fulfil.

The best would be a live camera on Swedish stands for the whole game. I'd rather watch the blonde milfs than this shite game. Idiots.