You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers and the transfer market

Bill Shankly

obviously the intention was to set Danny Sturridge up as the number one striker, the new Mr Liverpool, all moves working around him as he was no longer in the shadow and could resultantly make huge progress on his already impressive development as a worldy.

Due to Hodgey's ale house training techniques ( "tehniques"), he got crocked, and our players are stuck with brand new midfielders playing with brand new fringe strikers and Lovren at the back, all a bit much combined with the loss of Suarez.

Give it time, I think it will come good and, here goes, I actually think Lovren will come good also.

Remeber Andy carrol against man city, he was unplayable. Was his deal a success.

I don't dislike allen, he's just squad fodder who every now then shows what I expect of a top flight footballer, that they can actually play to a decent standard sometimes. I think aside from athleticism footballers have degraded in ability over the years. Some of the shit I've seen play in a liverpool shirt defies belief. Degen for fucks sake.

Allen gets a bad rap because of his price. Yes, he hasn't pulled up any trees but he is one of the only grafters we have. Joe's not the problem, but he's part of the solution.

He'd be part of the solution if he was twice the size. He's a decent footballer, but ridiculously lightweight. He's fucking smaller than Xavi and Iniesta, apart from being leagues worse in a technical sense...

He cost more than Sturridge. And almost twice what Coutinho cost. Just for a bit of perspective...

• Upvote 1

Allen is a good squad player, needs a run of games to get the best out of him, a bit overpriced and injury-prone, not rating him indicates some serious glue sniffing

He's an Average player thats it. I think Shelvey offered more as a midfielder than Allen ever has

• Upvote 1

Not giving illori a chance has been mad imo. The way Rodgers set the team up leaves the CB exposed often and to not give a CB that broke Ronaldo sprint results at Sporting a go is strange. The lad is lightning quick and would be able to play a high line as he could recover

£15 million. Two good games against Spurs.

Bargain.

Ha.

Remember all the talk earlier on in the season when he was injured, he was supposed to come back and make a difference for us, thats gone well.

He's one of those shrug of the shoulders players to me, an ok squad player that can do a job as a cog in the midfield when the team is playing well, that's about as far as it goes.

He wouldn't be missed if he was sold, infact he'd probably be forgotton about pretty quickly.

He'd be part of the solution if he was twice the size. He's a decent footballer, but ridiculously lightweight. He's fucking smaller than Xavi and Iniesta, apart from being leagues worse in a technical sense...

He cost more than Sturridge. And almost twice what Coutinho cost. Just for a bit of perspective...

Rodgers often makes his lack of technical ability stand out more by playing him as the most advanced of the midfield three, and there is no more desperate sight that Joe Allen in the box trying to be creative.

He is a good bench player for us. Should never, ever be considered a key member of a team that actually wants to achieve things.

Not giving illori a chance has been mad imo. The way Rodgers set the team up leaves the CB exposed often and to not give a CB that broke Ronaldo sprint results at Sporting a go is strange. The lad is lightning quick and would be able to play a high line as he could recover

Rodgers doesn't want to play a high line. He sits the defence on the edge of the box which is probably why he wanted a GK who could shot stop.

It's a shame about Illori because we'll probably buy another £20m CB next season and he'll be behind the highly paid shit defenders we can't shift. Would having Wisdom or Illori as our 4th CB have been worse than what's in front of them?

£15 million. Two good games against Spurs.

Bargain.

In defence of the lad i think he's had more than two good games, remember when he first came he looked to be settling in to be a very good player, unfortunately injury took its toll and he needed an operation. I also think its a bit lazy to say he gets pushed of the ball because of his size, yaya Toure remarked what a tough opponent he was.

I take the critics who say he hasn't been a success because for one reason or another he hasn't, i wouldn't give up on him just yet though as he's still fairly young and needs a run of games without getting injured. If he's sold i think he'll be one of them players who shows his worth elsewhere.

If we'd stuck with Death by Football Allen would one of the first names on the teamsheet. As it is he's yet another player trying to adapt to playing in a different role to the one that made him his name. This is a hallmark of our recent buys.

Fair points although i think the time for death by football has gone, i suggest we just stick to the death part, fuck the football.