You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Complaining in restuarants

The Great Jacko

Me and the Mrs went to this posh restaurant in Sydney on the top floor of a skyscraper in Australia Square overlooking the harbour bridge. We were lucky to get a reservation as some woman who was a tour guide manage to blag us in.

We ordered some wine which worked out about £50 and the waiter gave us a food menu. I like fish so I had quite a lot of choice but the Mrs had a face on saying there was nothing on the menu she liked. The head waiter came over as I started calling her a fussy bitch.

He asked what the matter was and she said there was nothing on the menu she liked as she wasn't keen on seafood. The guy for some reason said "Madam, then why not try the Salmon instead?". Both of us looked at each other and then she started to take the piss "You're a head waiter in a place like this and you don't even know that salmon is seafood, did you win a competition to work here?".

He storms off in a huff and comes back five minutes later. "Madam, since you do not like anything on the menu maybe it is better that you leave". Everyone turned round and I felt embarrassed, he then said "you can finish your drinks and we won't bill you for them".

I got outside and said to her that it was a novel way of getting an expensive bottle of wine for nothing. We ended up going to McDonald's as it was too late to get in anywhere else.

• Upvote 3

• 5 weeks later...

Went for an all you can eat and drink brunch before she went back to the UK for a couple of weeks, nice place over looking the Marina (photo in TWOW thread) and had a 2-4-1 voucher so was bloody good value.

Anyway Tegan saw a member of staff cleaning up some vomit in the women's toilet so when bored last week I fired off an email complaining about someone getting drunk and it ruining my wife's farewell meal.

Has a call from the hotel manager offering us a complimentary brunch tomorrow as an apology.

It's going to cost me £10 a time for 4 all you can eat and drink brunches.

Can't complain about that!

Guest Pistonbroke

Went for an all you can eat and drink brunch before she went back to the UK for a couple of weeks, nice place over looking the Marina (photo in TWOW thread) and had a 2-4-1 voucher so was bloody good value.

Anyway Tegan saw a member of staff cleaning up some vomit in the women's toilet so when bored last week I fired off an email complaining about someone getting drunk and it ruining my wife's farewell meal.

Has a call from the hotel manager offering us a complimentary brunch tomorrow as an apology.

It's going to cost me £10 a time for 4 all you can eat and drink brunches.

Can't complain about that!

Nice one, although they'll probably piss in your drinks. 

Friend of the Mrs always sends the wine back. Claims it's off or some other lame attention seeking,excuse,

How often do you get a bad bottle of wine these days, especially as most whites have screw top.

This woman drinks any old shit anyway and turns up half cut most of the time. I refuse to go to a restaurant with her