You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle

Barnesey

I think the theory is we should actually gain bodies in the centre of the pitch by playing 3 CBs, as it'd equate more to a 3-5-2 or a close approximation.

It's just not working though as our CBs all seem to be deferring to each other, which just entices the wingbacks to stay closer.

Sakho, Toure and Skrtel shouldn't be backpeddling in unison unless they're outnumbered by better quality than Newcastle have to muster.

That might be the theory but it doesn't work in practice. Full backs play like wing backs anyway these days so all we're doing is pushing another body back into defence.

Three across the back was ok when we had no full-backs but now that we do it looks like returning to a four would be in our favor. 

Feel a bit sorry for Moses being asked to do his best Coutinho impersonation. He's clearly not playing to his strengths through the middle, at least not playing as deep as he's been asked to these past few weeks. Needs be and all that but as soon as Coutinho returns and Moses can return to a wider starting place the better. It was telling that the excellent pass he played for the 2nd goal came when he had moved 10m out to the left, where he had a little more time and space.

Too many players looked tired and sloppy today. International football partly to blame, I guess. Definitely 2pts lost rather than a point gained. We conceded two poor goals and could have added to our own total. 

I agree that we are losing control of the midfield, but i would suggest to play Agger in the defence. He is the more ball-playing centre back among all the CB and he also have the ability to be pushed up in the DM position when liverpool are desperate for another man in the midfield 

you're whining bitches on here.

Most of you are so full of shit it's embarrassing. 

If any of you cunt's actually went the match you would have been the twats booing when we went top of the league after drawing with west ham.

We are above city united and Chelsea who have spent millions

If the interwebs had been invented in the 60/70s Shanks would have been sacked after 4 games  

We are up there and have several new players still learning 'our new system' 

Get behind them u fucking moaning gobshites

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Look, 2-2 away at Newcastle isn't an awful result. I expected we'd lose after they scored that goal tbh.

It's not something I'd be shocked by if any of he teams around us had a similar result there. Teams are going to drop points to a lot of lesser opponents this season. Chelsea 1-0 down at home to Cardiff now.

We're not a great team. On another day Suarez would have scored that last minute free but it didn't happen today, I'm gutted but I'm still a damn sight more pleased with this result than that 1-0 at home to Soton.

That might be the theory but it doesn't work in practice. Full backs play like wing backs anyway these days so all we're doing is pushing another body back into defence.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it doesn't work in practice, but it certainly doesn't work for us.

With Johnson and Enrique, we've got players willing to run all day and get in advanced positions. I think if anything the system's being used to accomodate Cissokho, as he looks shaky defensively, as well as Lucas' absence.

Fingers crossed it's shelved when he and Coutinho are back.

Three across the back was ok when we had no full-backs but now that we do it looks like returning to a four would be in our favor. 

Feel a bit sorry for Moses being asked to do his best Coutinho impersonation. He's clearly not playing to his strengths through the middle, at least not playing as deep as he's been asked to these past few weeks. Needs be and all that but as soon as Coutinho returns and Moses can return to a wider starting place the better. It was telling that the excellent pass he played for the 2nd goal came when he had moved 10m out to the left, where he had a little more time and space.

Too many players looked tired and sloppy today. International football partly to blame, I guess. Definitely 2pts lost rather than a point gained. We conceded two poor goals and could have added to our own total. 

For liverpool to be playing 2 CBs, i would say a DM is a must in those situation. However with Lucas out, I wont mind the 3 CBs.

And yes international football...

I beg to differ, that defence looks anything but fine. Playing 3 at the back doesn't help as I have said, i hope rodgers bins that load of bollocks. I'm still not overawed by our defensive prowess no matter hat formation they play in.

In this formation one of the back three needs to be a playmaker, ready to step up in the midfield positions and pass the ball.  The only CB like that we have is Agger.

Armchair fans  - biggest knobheads around

Done nothing

Seen nothing

Fucking knobheads

No fuck all about football u gormless pricks

We would have give anything to be in the position we are in this time last season you no nothing cunts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fucking joke you cunts - A Liverpool website !!!!

don't make me laugh you moaning cunts

Biggest shower of wankers going u pricks

erm, just seen this, wind your fucking neck in dickhead. some are some aren't. take some time to assess before growling. 

Armchair fans  - biggest knobheads around

Done nothing

Seen nothing

Fucking knobheads

No fuck all about football u gormless pricks

We would have give anything to be in the position we are in this time last season you no nothing cunts

Brendan?