You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Glastonbury

The-Sir

With the exception of Public Enemy, Smashing Pumpkins and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, every single bit of this years festival has been total and utter dogshit.
*Bangs head*

How many fucking times do I have to say it, the music is only a small part of the festival.

*Bangs head*

How many fucking times do I have to say it, the music is only a small part of the festival.

If you're watching on telly Rem that's all you see.

You can have an amazing experience at Glastonbury whilst the acts are shit. Just like this year.

Just got back now and after a good wash and a full English, I'm slowly beginning to feel normal again.

Fuck me, what a great time. I've been to five now and, in my opinion, that's the best I've been to. Although there weren't as many artists I'm into on compared to previous years, the ones I did check out rocked the shit. Sixteen of us went down in total Wednesday morning and we met up with another three in the afternoon and it was great just sitting off and buzzing with a big huge gang.

For me, personally, it was more chilled out because I probably only really saw 4-5 acts a day and checked out a few more in passing but as others have said, Glastonbury is about far more than the music and it's indicated in the fact that it doesn't refer to itself as a 'music festival'.

The Stones were undoubtedly the highlight for me. Just felt surreal watching them and if they came across shite on the box, it was nothing like being there. The Pyramid was rammed and Jagger was boss with the crowd; even if that 'Glastonbury Girl' bit was odd as fuck. His voice is still amazing and the place just went mental when they finished off with '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'. Just amazing.

Nick Cave also was fantastic and ran the Stones a close second. I'm a Cave nut and I've seen him once before but his set was something special. Intense from start to finish and impossible to take your eyes off him.That bit with the woman dressed all in white in the crowd was just mesmerising and even a little disconcerting which I'm sure Cave himself was bang into.

The Monkeys were boss Friday and I was also made up with PiL (even if the sound was iffy for the first couple of songs), Rufus Wainwright, Elvis Costello, Primal Scream and Sergio Mendes. I was even surprised how into Azealia Banks' set I was.

The only slight downside for me was how fucked I was for Bobby Womack. Obviously nothing to do with the man himself, but the 7-8 7% toffee apple ciders I had started drinking when Sergio Mendes was on had well and truly kicked in at that point and it meant everything was a bit of a blur. I do, however, remember being bang into 'Across 110th Street' so I suppose every cloud and all that.

Still feeling slightly overwhelmed at how unbelievable the trip was. Barely describable.

I told you all.

Public Enemy have just owned Glastonbury.

Every other act will be mere mortals.

I fully support your comments, PE were just incredible.

I had some bloke on Twitter last night, "Now THIS is proper music" as Mumford and Sons entered the stage.....if he didn't make such decent cider, I'd unfollow the gimp.

Gutted I never went, had at ticket - a fuck up later and I never!

Don't get the criticism - my musical taste is better than yours is basically the premise of most criticism. Public Enemy were brilliant, and I thought the XX were excellent. Haven't watched the Tax Dodging Geriatrics yet, so can't comment. Glastonbury is the most life affirming experience you can have, sometimes you find yourself standing still and looking around you in amazement.

listening to the XX again now.

Fuck, how could I forget to mention Tame Impala in my previous post? Absolutely epic on the Other Stage.

Haim on the Pyramid were a boss way to kick things off as well.

I've basically spent the day watching it all back on the iPlayer. I'm still buzzing my tits of.

*Bangs head*

I know mate, I agree, I've been before.

If you're watching on telly Rem that's all you see.

You can have an amazing experience at Glastonbury whilst the acts are shit. Just like this year.

Just as LF correctly points out.

Feel more fucked from it as the hours go by

Defo the best one I've been to for numerous reasons

The Hives were unreal, Pelle's still got it. Tame Impala were boss, as were the Monkeys and Bobby Womack.

The Stones were class, a proper show. Seen better on the headline in terms of musicianship but as a show, they were boss.

Sing a long with Kenny Rogers was funny too.

Just a note, can all the 'lids' who now go, just fuck off to V, same for the girls in the queue with rollers in and juicy couture trackies on, fucking stay in Liverpool, I go to get away from mongs like you!

Just got back now and after a good wash and a full English, I'm slowly beginning to feel normal again.

Fuck me, what a great time. I've been to five now and, in my opinion, that's the best I've been to. Although there weren't as many artists I'm into on compared to previous years, the ones I did check out rocked the shit. Sixteen of us went down in total Wednesday morning and we met up with another three in the afternoon and it was great just sitting off and buzzing with a big huge gang.

For me, personally, it was more chilled out because I probably only really saw 4-5 acts a day and checked out a few more in passing but as others have said, Glastonbury is about far more than the music and it's indicated in the fact that it doesn't refer to itself as a 'music festival'.

The Stones were undoubtedly the highlight for me. Just felt surreal watching them and if they came across shite on the box, it was nothing like being there. The Pyramid was rammed and Jagger was boss with the crowd; even if that 'Glastonbury Girl' bit was odd as fuck. His voice is still amazing and the place just went mental when they finished off with '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction'. Just amazing.

Nick Cave also was fantastic and ran the Stones a close second. I'm a Cave nut and I've seen him once before but his set was something special. Intense from start to finish and impossible to take your eyes off him.That bit with the woman dressed all in white in the crowd was just mesmerising and even a little disconcerting which I'm sure Cave himself was bang into.

The Monkeys were boss Friday and I was also made up with PiL (even if the sound was iffy for the first couple of songs), Rufus Wainwright, Elvis Costello, Primal Scream and Sergio Mendes. I was even surprised how into Azealia Banks' set I was.

The only slight downside for me was how fucked I was for Bobby Womack. Obviously nothing to do with the man himself, but the 7-8 7% toffee apple ciders I had started drinking when Sergio Mendes was on had well and truly kicked in at that point and it meant everything was a bit of a blur. I do, however, remember being bang into 'Across 110th Street' so I suppose every cloud and all that.

Still feeling slightly overwhelmed at how unbelievable the trip was. Barely describable.

Great stuff!

An absolutely amazing festival. Easily the best festival I've been to. This year was my first Glastonbury. Impossible to get bored at it. There's always something going on to suit all tastes.

I'm struggling to recover now. Can't get a full night's sleep with waking up feeling horrible since I got back.

I fully support your comments, PE were just incredible.

I had some bloke on Twitter last night, "Now THIS is proper music" as Mumford and Sons entered the stage.....if he didn't make such decent cider, I'd unfollow the gimp.

Is right. I was in awe watching Chuck dish out his prophecy. it was a bit strange without Flav though. Anyone know why he wasn't there?

I have also been watching bits and bobs of stuff I missed over the weekend, and I seen a few dissing the Stones, but I don't understand why. I believe they should have packed in 15 years ago but that set was boss.

Nile Rogers was also amazing. PE as mentioned, I enjoyed Ben Howard, The Hives as per were boss, Seasick Steve and Kenny Rogers.

I enjoyed acts liek Bastille and Vampire Weekend and other similar acts but the problem I have with bands like that is that they get boring after 2-3 songs as their is no variety in their sound. They are not shit, but really boring after a bit.

I also take massive exception to lead singers hitting a single drum as part of the act. You have a drummer who should hit the drums hard enough so you don't haev to do it.

Anyone got any links for Cave & The Bad Seeds, Portishead and The Pumpkins. Or are they on i-player? Work won't let me watch anything on the BBC.

Is right. I was in awe watching Chuck dish out his prophecy. it was a bit strange without Flav though. Anyone know why he wasn't there?

I have also been watching bits and bobs of stuff I missed over the weekend, and I seen a few dissing the Stones, but I don't understand why. I believe they should have packed in 15 years ago but that set was boss.

Nile Rogers was also amazing. PE as mentioned, I enjoyed Ben Howard, The Hives as per were boss, Seasick Steve and Kenny Rogers.

I enjoyed acts liek Bastille and Vampire Weekend and other similar acts but the problem I have with bands like that is that they get boring after 2-3 songs as their is no variety in their sound. They are not shit, but really boring after a bit.

I also take massive exception to lead singers hitting a single drum as part of the act. You have a drummer who should hit the drums hard enough so you don't haev to do it.

Anyone got any links for Cave & The Bad Seeds, Portishead and The Pumpkins. Or are they on i-player? Work won't let me watch anything on the BBC.

Yeah, they're all on the iPlayer today. My mate watched the Nick Cave set today and texted me saying he's gutted he missed it.

Get onto it, mate. The fella was in fine form.

Would have loved to have seen Nile Rogers. Ran into a lad I know from home while wandering around and he was buzzing off seeing Chic on the Friday.

Gutted about missing Public Enemy as well. Anyone else but the Stones and I would have been there.

Pumpkins are on the BBC Glasto webpage. Only shows four songs, nice mosh pit for 'bullet with butterfly wings' though.

Giving The Pumpkins some serious hammer on the ipod this week.

Just rattling through Machina, Heavy Metal Machine atm. Fucking love Stand Inside Your Love. Fantastic song.

Fave album is Adore though. Every track is brilliant. Electronica as it should be, awesome record.

Dunno whether I've told you this before Skids, but you have a fantastic taste in music mate.

Not as good as mine, obvs, but fantastic nevertheless !

I am planning on going next year when the tickets go on sale and they 'sell' out in no time are you all right in getting tickets providing you get to the phone / web page at the time it opens or is it still possible to get nothing?

Also I may have to go on my own if I cant get anyone to go with would it still be enjoyable on your own or would you advise against if you can't get someone to go with?

I am planning on going next year when the tickets go on sale and they 'sell' out in no time are you all right in getting tickets providing you get to the phone / web page at the time it opens or is it still possible to get nothing?

Also I may have to go on my own if I cant get anyone to go with would it still be enjoyable on your own or would you advise against if you can't get someone to go with?

Hook up with a few people with cards so whoever gets through first can get the lot, I was meant to do that but never sorted it. I know loads of people who couldn't get tickets but were on from the start.

Put it this way mate, last time I was at Glasto I went with my girlfriend at the time...and her fucking husband ! I fucked them both off early on and did my own thing for most of the weekend, bag of cans, a few jakeys, off my tits and had a fucking brilliant time.

Probably a far better time just doing my own thing, whenever and where ever, loads of brilliant friendly people, birds galore, plenty of them gagging for some no strings lovin'; what's not to like ???

Just do it mate.

Thank you both I will defo go next year providing I can get tickets.

Good lad.

If you can't pull in the dance tent, full of chemicals or not, you might as well retire your johnson.

I (vaguely) remember "waking up" in there, dancing and smooching like mad with two fit birds, sweaty as fuck. I had a carrier bag full of Stella, a twin-torch contraption on my head (!), dancing like fuck to The Utah Saints.

Bizarre and strangely brilliant.

Good lad.

If you can't pull in the dance tent, full of chemicals or not, you might as well retire your johnson.

I (vaguely) remember "waking up" in there, dancing and smooching like mad with two fit birds, sweaty as fuck. I had a carrier bag full of Stella, a twin-torch contraption on my head (!), dancing like fuck to The Utah Saints.

Bizarre and strangely brilliant.

Birds selling themselves for Stella, sounds good!