You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Ding and obviously O'Sullivan, both brilliant. Although technically pretty much all the players now are perfect so hard to pick.

They’ve been playing that piece on Joe Davis which is good. He reached how many centuries on tables where if the object ball was on the cushion you could forget about potting it.

Now the cut on the pocket helps the ball in, even moreso than during the eighties and nineties. Would love them to go back as every player now plays the same type of game.

The charm of seeing all these jobbers make it to the latter rounds has worn of, for me. Sick of seeing so many scrappy frames and easy misses.

They're not 'jobbers'. And everyone misses at times. If you don't like safety and misses, then you don't really like the game. Try watching pool.

None of them, not the ones who are out, or the ones remaining, can touch O'Sullivan. The man was born with a cue in his hand.

I've often thought that opponents don't beat the Rocket, he beats himself. If his mind is elsewhere then opponents can capitalise.

If he's focussed however, he's untouchable.

None of them, not the ones who are out, or the ones remaining, can touch O'Sullivan. The man was born with a cue in his hand.

I've often thought that opponents don't beat the Rocket, he beats himself. If his mind is elsewhere then opponents can capitalise.

If he's focussed however, he's untouchable.

How I feel about him as well. Such a shame he hasn't won more than he has, because he definitely deserves it. Just hope he can win it here, and like he says he wants to win it in his 40's, get in at 6, maybe 7 world titles. That'd do for me.

They're not 'jobbers'. And everyone misses at times. If you don't like safety and misses, then you don't really like the game. Try watching pool.

Not really, but thanks for your presumptuous but ultimately ill-informed input there. As with any sport, you want to see the contestants to perform to a high quality, not struggle to perform to what most would describe as a decent standard for the latter stages of the biggest tournament in the sport. The two games last night were absolutely ridiculous. It wasn't full of great safety exchanges and drama, it was just four players struggling to perform to anywhere near their best and it made for dull, scrappy, boring frames. Some of the pots they were frequently missing, and the distance they were missing by, would anger me if I did the same in the club, so for professionals to do it is not really acceptable.

O'Sullivan looking solid here.

Superb moment in the first frame of this session when Carter, after O'Sullivan potted the cueball, opted to put the Rocket back in. Essentially it was a long, tricky red to bottom right and Carter was laying down a challenge to him saying, 'pot that'.

O'Sullivan nailed it. Frame over.

Great game this, Carter came back well to make it 10-8, but it's back to three in front for the Rocket now.

Aye. Ronnie has now sorted that little pause in his back swing and he's now knocking in the long shots that he wasn't yesterday.

Should be a piece of piss now.

I was a bit worried for him yesterday when his long uns weren't even rattling the jaws. Some of them were like my efforts!!

Aye. Ronnie has now sorted that little pause in his back swing and he's now knocking in the long shots that he wasn't yesterday.

Should be a piece of piss now.

I was a bit worried for him yesterday when his long uns weren't even rattling the jaws. Some of them were like my efforts!!

Long shots are the worst aren't they? It amazes me how they control the ball when there is so much distance between cueball and colour. I have always struggled when playing on long shots. And short ones. And every part of the game actually.

Ronnie powered through there. Fabulous 106 to go 12-8. Think Carter knew once he went 11-8 down it wasn't to be.

Not really, but thanks for your presumptuous but ultimately ill-informed input there. As with any sport, you want to see the contestants to perform to a high quality, not struggle to perform to what most would describe as a decent standard for the latter stages of the biggest tournament in the sport. The two games last night were absolutely ridiculous. It wasn't full of great safety exchanges and drama, it was just four players struggling to perform to anywhere near their best and it made for dull, scrappy, boring frames. Some of the pots they were frequently missing, and the distance they were missing by, would anger me if I did the same in the club, so for professionals to do it is not really acceptable.

Sometimes the pressure even effects the best players with the best technique, anything can be missed under those circumstances. I don’t necessarily think that makes it boring, can make it just the opposite. My opinion isn’t ill-informed, I used to be quite a good player ;) .

Sometimes the pressure even effects the best players with the best technique, anything can be missed under those circumstances. I don’t necessarily think that makes it boring, can make it just the opposite. My opinion isn’t ill-informed, I used to be quite a good player ;) .
I think Woo called you ill-informed due to your presumption he didn't have the appreciation or understanding of safety play rather than your Snookering knowledge.