You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they can give David a gold medal for trying hard and making sure everyone knows what it means to him to represent his country. He'd be way ahead in that event.

Pearce seems to be getting a lot of non Beckham related hate - any particular reason?

Edited by Sandford
forgot a 'd

I fiund it well funny too, the self obsessed publicity seeking knobhead has been overlooked. Perhaps if he dedicated all of his time to doing what he is contracted to do, training and playing for LA Galaxy instead of jetting off here there and everywhere he may have actually got a chance. He's had his share of major tournaments so cant begrudge Giggs getting a chance instead. I dont really care what he did in the bid/bringing the torch back etc. Seb Coe's done a lot but he isnt running the 1500m. Beckhams been past it for years, not that he was that good anyway, cant head, tackle or kick with his left foot. Lived off a goal from his own half, and free kick for far too long, self promoting himself constnatly weith that stupid bint of a wife he has.

I keep seeing this get trotted out , its complete bollocks.

Stuart Pearce has probably left Beckham out because he doesn't want the Olympics to become the fucking Posh 'n' Becks show. It's why Fergie fucked him off from the Scum in the 1st place. He didn't want Beckhams's stick turning up at the training ground every day with hundreds of scummy press wankers hanging around. And let's face it, with a major opportunity for publicity like the Olympics, does anyone seriously believe that she wouldn't have been all over that ?

Pearce might not be popular, but he's not stupid and he doesn't want that baggage around - rightly so.

Im not particually arsed but thats quite a snub on Beckham considering his role in the Olympic bid , he should really of been picked.

Not when bollocks like this gets trotted out!!

I fiund it well funny too, the self obsessed publicity seeking knobhead has been overlooked. Perhaps if he dedicated all of his time to doing what he is contracted to do, training and playing for LA Galaxy instead of jetting off here there and everywhere he may have actually got a chance. He's had his share of major tournaments so cant begrudge Giggs getting a chance instead. I dont really care what he did in the bid/bringing the torch back etc. Seb Coe's done a lot but he isnt running the 1500m. Beckhams been past it for years, not that he was that good anyway, cant head, tackle or kick with his left foot. Lived off a goal from his own half, and free kick for far too long, self promoting himself constnatly weith that stupid bint of a wife he has.

So Seb Coe IS running the 1500M?. Steve Ovett will be mighty pissed off. :wallbutt:

Good shout on him going to the blueshite. He'd be made for them, but I can't see it happening, as I doubt he'd want to take a sideways step from a small country to a small club.

When does this shite end? Are we likely to lose Suqrez for any league games if Uruguay does well.

the first league game against West brom will be on august 18th so he definitely wont start that game if uruguay make the final which is on the 11th

worrying that rodgers might not even get a look at him until the first week of the season.

Guest ShoePiss
the first league game against West brom will be on august 18th so he definitely wont start that game if uruguay make the final which is on the 11th

worrying that rodgers might not even get a look at him until the first week of the season.

Er why?

Also, I think Rodgers knows what Suarez is all about.

Guest Pistonbroke
Have to laugh at Pearce being the only fucker in the whole UK who is treating the Olympics footy seriously.

Hopefully he ends up taking over at Everton when Moyes does one.

Why shouldn't he? It is what he has been assigned to overlook/manage and a chance to further his career. Not saying he is a great manager but it seems pretty damn obvious that himself and the players are taking it seriously as will all the other teams.

The omission of Beckham is just petty revenge by Pearce on the FA for sideling him out of the England first team set up.

Olympic football is a circus, this isnt about competition, its anout publicity and withour becks those tickets just became even more difficult to sell.

Pearce is a prick. I've got no problems with Beckham not being picked because quite frankly he doesn't deserve it, but if you then go and pick Giggs and Bellamy because they've never played in an international tournament before then it makes a mockery of his so called footballing principles. If they're being selected on sentiment and not footballing reasons which I think they are, then Beckham is far more deserving of a call up.

Giggs being the type of cunt who routinely turned his back on Wales as they never got to a major competition but when an opportunity like this comes along he's game. He's such an utter weapon, hope he gets injured the cunt.

Yep, and he retired from international football years ago. It's a disgrace he's taking one of only 18 spaces in the squad. There are countless more U-21 players playing for anyone of the home nations who are more deserving of a place than he is.

Yep, and he retired from international football years ago. It's a disgrace he's taking one of only 18 spaces in the squad. There are countless more U-21 players playing for anyone of the home nations who are more deserving of a place than he is.

Its a disgrace that they are taking players from Wales at all. It should be an English team if Seb Coe and his pals from London are so desperate to see a home team competing. England will be fine come the world cup qualifying campaign because the players in the olympics won't be used for the campaign at all as the ones involved in Euro 2012 won't be selected. Wales will have 4 players involved in Team GB who would start for us in the WCQ's just a couple of weeks down the line, plus the friendly game that is 4 days after the olympic football final. And that's not including Bale who has pulled out due to injury.

Sven Goran Erikson's poking his awe in now saying Beckham should have been picked because he's an icon. When I think of the Olympics and icons I think of Daley Thompson, from Notting Hill, who won 2 gold medals in the decathlon. He isnt demanding a role.