You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm sick of seeing this mental old imbecile talking about his manager and Liverpool. FSG are keeping their activity under wraps which is keeping the media guessing. Nobody really has a clue what's going on. Except that we do have a clue what's going on because the senile old cunt at Wigan fucking Athletic keeps shooting his mouth off. There's a whole article in the mirror (spit) today full of quotes from the old fool wittering on about how he sees the situation at Liverpool and what the club's plans are.

Shut your stupid mouth you senile old twat.

the despicable wanker will probably announce Matinez as the new Liverpool manager before we do -

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

Didn't he once say it would be a shame of they beat the Mancs just before they played them. Hes the type of cunt that has football in England utterly fucked.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see that happen.

Didn't he once say it would be a shame of they beat the Mancs just before they played them. Hes the type of cunt that has football in England utterly fucked.

After Wigan were beaten at home by United late on in the season we came second I think it was he was quoted as saying he was delighted Sir Alex had got the 3 points that would probably seal the title

No, nobody had a clue we were going to interview Martinez until Whelan opened his mouth. Apart from everyone.

Did the club announce they were interviewing Martinez? No. Did Martinez announce it? No. Dave Whelan gleefully opened his fat senile mouth to the press. Without that it was pure conjecture.

He's also set a date for his bezzie's retirement. He's a fucking embarrassment.

Wigan's Dave Whelan believes Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson will retire next year after 'scar | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Sir Alex Ferguson will step down as Manchester United manager at the end of the 2012-13 season to preserve his health, according to Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan....

He's like the pissed, dribbling, embarrassing old relative at a wedding who insists on giving a speech oblivious to the fact that everyone wishes he'd just fuck off home early.

Whelan is a local self made man who has turned a club from nothing into a PL side - a fantastic achievement. He knows more about football than all of FSG will ever do in their collective lifetimes and has put ten times more into his club personally than any individual FSG investor has. He also attends as many football games in a month as FSG have in their entire ownership.If we enjoy a fraction of the progress under FSG that Wigan have under Whelan's ownership we will be serial CL Champions.

He took a chance with Martinez, and it has paid off, he should be proud.

At Wigan, unlike at LFC, the media spotlight is rarely glimpsed, he is enjoying his moment in the sun- good luck to him. The fact that he is trying to grab a little of our stardust is a compliment.

The carping, curmudgeonly cynicism of some of Whelan ( and Martinez) is unbecoming of our great club. It is up to us whether we appoint Martinez or not,not Whelan, either he is good enough, or he is not.

Whelan was under pressure from Wigan fans to sack Martinez during the season when they went quite a few games without a win.

It wasn't until they went on the run of beating everyone that the pressure eased off Martinez.

Personally i think Whelan knows this is his opportunity to get rid of Martinez and get money for him in compensation rather needing to pay him severance money due to sacking him.

Fucking hell. There's a goldmine of ridiculous quotes out there from the old twat:

"Antonio Valencia going to Man United, for my wife and myself we are absolutely delighted," he says. "We still think he's Wigan Athletic, but we're so proud he's wearing a Man United shirt, we cannot wait to see him running out here, in this stadium, playing for the best team in the country."

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan happy to see Antonio Valencia at Manchester United

And to sum up how much the old fool really knows about what's going on, from ESPN yesterday:

Whelan also criticised the Liverpool process of seeking a 'beauty parade' of six managers to head to Boston for interviews with owners Fenway Sports Group, and insisted reports that Martinez is going to America this week are wide of the mark.

This will have been what, 4 or 5 hours before his manager was photographed in Miami with John Henry?

He'll get Steve Bruce back (for free) and Wigan will finish in around 10th spot (which is where they were when he left for Sunderland, I believe). But Whelan has a team that struggles. Often. It's a wonder that they stay up. Personally, I had hoped thought they would go down last season. They were so close. Would we have looked at Martinez then?

Dealing with Whelan is as much a pain in the arse as having to deal with Oyston over the Adam transfer.

The parallel may not end there.

I'm hoping that Whelan will play hardball (like Oyston) and want to charge over the odds for Martinez's compensation. Which will put the owners off doing any business with him. Ever.

Whelan is a twat because FSG are interviewing Martinez?

Does it really matter if we do or do not know, if the fact remains the same that he's being seriously considered for the role?

I can only assume you're angry him because he is forcing you out of your denial that the owners are absolutely clueless.

Whelan is a local self made man who has turned a club from nothing into a PL side - a fantastic achievement. He knows more about football than all of FSG will ever do in their collective lifetimes and has put ten times more into his club personally than any individual FSG investor has. He also attends as many football games in a month as FSG have in their entire ownership.If we enjoy a fraction of the progress under FSG that Wigan have under Whelan's ownership we will be serial CL Champions.

At Wigan, unlike at LFC, the media spotlight is rarely glimpsed, he is enjoying his moment in the sun- good luck to him. The fact that he is trying to grab a little of our stardust is a compliment.

The carping, curmudgeonly cynicism of some of Whelan ( and Martinez) is unbecoming of our great club. It is up to us whether we appoint Martinez or not,not Whelan, either he is good enough, or he is not.

Xerxes, I like reading most of your post as I think you have a lot to offer, but you have got to let go of bitching about FSG at every opportunity, otherwise you will end up sounding like code or silverlining.

I understand you are frustrated by them for their lack of input into the Suarez affair, and yes we should be wary of them. But until they have had time to fully implement their strategy, Keep it under wraps.

They want us to be self sufficient, I think they mean as in able to manage ourselves as well. How many other owners apart from DW do we hear about wek in week out. If they can get a strong management structure in place then I think we will see even less of them.

That's not a bad thing as long as there is a strong CEO(Broughton would be ideal) in place, which is why they are now searching for a new CEO again.

The other issue that you appear to have is the 50m stadium cost, which is being treated as a bad debt. No one will ever know how we spent or will spend that money, they might use it as a way to negotiate their way round FFP and back a new manager this summer.

Sorry I am starting to ramble a bit now, tramadol kicking in. Long story short, wait and see how this summer pans out, as then I think we will be in a better position to form a proper opinion.

Bang on.

Wigan are a small club and he takes pride at developing players/managers and then seeing them go to bigger clubs - there's nothing wrong with that. And you can be sure it's helped him sign numerous players that they know he won't stand in their way.

Surely we'd all rather be owned locally, by someone who went the match every week. If they had the money, of course.

Redder Lurtz is absolutely spot on. FSG, whether you think they have a clue or not, are not in the press telling people what's going on at all. We wouldn't know about Martinez at all if it wasn't for Whelan.

Whelan is a fucking gobshite. I know a few Wigan fans who told me he was a while ago. They call him "soundbite" because he loves talking in the press all the time. He was on Sky Sports news talking about it again and the reporter had the balls to ask him how much money it's going to cost Liverpool to pay Wigan for Martinez and the dickhead just came right out with it (2-3 Million).

Whelan is a twat because FSG are interviewing Martinez?

No. Whelan is a twat because he's shouting his mouth off about Liverpool's business to all and sundry. Think what you like about FSG but they're keeping their activity under wraps. It remains to be seen if they make the right decision but it makes a pleasant change from the last set of cunts to see that things are being done behind closed doors. Except that Whelan keeps mouthing off about everything he hears. THAT'S why he's a twat.