You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ruthless side of FSG

More or less since they took we have witnessed the completely ruthless side of FSG.

Getting rid of Purslow, Shipping out all the unwanted first team players last summer, The sackings of various members of the board, medical staff and Damien Comolli after less than 18 months and now the King after only 18 months.

Do we see it as a sign they mean business, and will not tolerate failure, or does it make them look clueless and impatient and dare I say it, Chelsea-esque?

Even the way they sacked Dalglish was a very snide/cunning tactic.

To announce it on the same day that the England squad was announced, was that just a coincidence?

So far they have been very quiet on the stadium front, and the way we are going about selecting a new manager seems all wrong in my opinion. It has almost turned in to an apprentice type competition, and something that will scare off some managers, as they won't risk upsetting there current club knowing that they are one of a not so short list of candidates.

Up until the past week I had been very supportive of FSG. I now start to think that they are not the right people to take us forward, although I feel that this time next year we will be in a much better position to asses things.

Negged you are a tit.

This could have been put in any thread you like but to start your own means you don't really care about the issue you just want people to like you.

I don't like you and think you are a bit shit.

Negged

In which thread?

Fuck you FSG?

I'm trying to gauge the opinions towards what we have seen so far, not just based on the most recent events.

I hardly ever start threads, I don't come on here to be liked, I come on here to amuse myself. I never 'neg' or 'rep' as I find the whole thing to be childish and unnecessary.

Guest ShoePiss
In which thread?

Fuck you FSG?

I'm trying to gauge the opinions towards what we have seen so far, not just based on the most recent events.

I hardly ever start threads, I don't come on here to be liked, I come on here to amuse myself. I never 'neg' or 'rep' as I find the whole thing to be childish and unnecessary.

negged.

Guest ShoePiss
Is that an metaphorical neg then;)

I was taking the piss because he believes he can neg and rep if he wants to but just doesn't because it's childish and unnecessary :)

Guest ShoePiss
If my guns were loaded I would be negging both of you for claiming you can neg when you are clearly stingebags who don't support the site.

If you're lucky I will forget before tomorrow. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punks?

Yeah, well aware that my neg and rep powers have gone. I'm reminded every time I log in that my membership has expired.

This is what I class as a 'sand in the vaseline' type thread. Started with the best of intentions but ultimately painful and frustrating.

'Fresh air' reps and negs is also particularly sad and made me shed an MF tear or two.

Guest ShoePiss
This is what I class as a 'sand in the vaseline' type thread. Started with the best of intentions but ultimately painful and frustrating.

'Fresh air' reps and negs is also particularly sad and made me shed an MF tear or two.

It's been explained.

Ruthless? Hardly.

They replaced the previous manager with the man who was camped outside.

They appointed a DOF on the basis of a causal tip from Edelman – and lived to regret it.

They searched for a world class CEO- and appointed a shirt salesman from Huddersfield.

They espoused Moneyball and sabremetrics – but allowed a management team to spunk £50m “because we had it”.

They allowed the Suarez affair to burn out of control and only took fright when it appeared in the NYT.

They confirm a preference for a redeveloped Anfield on land that they do not own and are not prepared to buy.

Inept, out of touch, yes. Ruthless? No- you need to know what you are doing to be ruthless,

Ruthless? Hardly.

They replaced the previous manager with the man who was camped outside.

They appointed a DOF on the basis of a causal tip from Edelman – and lived to regret it.

They searched for a world class CEO- and appointed a shirt salesman from Huddersfield.

They espoused Moneyball and sabremetrics – but allowed a management team to spunk £50m “because we had it”.

They allowed the Suarez affair to burn out of control and only took fright when it appeared in the NYT.

They confirm a preference for a redeveloped Anfield on land that they do not own and are not prepared to buy.

Inept, out of touch, yes. Ruthless? No- you need to know what you are doing to be ruthless,

Spot on, especially the last line.