You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Until we start treating it as a business, we will not succeed but fall further behind the clubs that do. Football is no longer parochial game, and each fan has to ask himself which they prefer; the blanket of sentiment and nostalgia, or a modern form of management that is forward-thinking and ruthless in equal measure. Hard nosed, but that's the way it is.

Why don't you go cheer on McDonalds or Coca Cola instead and leave us sentimental gits with football you clueless dimwit?

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If league results and performances do not improve next season and if we don't dramatically improve the quality of our signings then I think the majority will concede (and probably even Kenny himself) that it may be time for a change.

We have one trophy in the cabinet and are about to enter a tough but winnable FA Cup Semi Final.

Let's stay positive lads and stop with this knee jerk talk of Kenny out.

Look I'm not going to let him off the hook for some of this years signings, let's be honest on the whole they have been shite but what I'm going to ask is that simply we all learn from this, notice and rectify our mistakes (Getting rid of Carrol and Downing) and do better this summer.

Kenny must be given another season (minimum) before more serious questions need to start to be asked if things aren't improving in the League.

Kenny will not stick around if he can't improve the results. He has always put club first.

Those calling for him to be pushed should hang their heads.

This is spot on. If you fickle so called supporters can't get behind Kenny and the team right now when they need it most, then it's time for you to fuck off and support Chelsea or some other bunch of no mark plastic cunts.

This club has always been about support, not constant criticism and whining - as if any of you could manage better.

Until we start treating it as a business, we will not succeed but fall further behind the clubs that do. Football is no longer parochial game, and each fan has to ask himself which they prefer; the blanket of sentiment and nostalgia, or a modern form of management that is forward-thinking and ruthless in equal measure. Hard nosed, but that's the way it is.

Liverpool FC has always been the right side of ruthless and 'hardnosed' as anyone who has supported the club for more than a few years will be able to tell you

It's not like these spastic 'business-savvy' armchair superfans are the future, telling all the antediluvian old school what we don't already know, and have always known

Why don't you go cheer on McDonalds or Coca Cola instead and leave us sentimental gits with football you clueless dimwit?

Probably because he doesn't want to be relegated.

I slept a night over it and came to the conclusion that Kenny would have been fired already if had a different name. We are in free fall. Motivating our players for the "big games" is one thing, but he can't motivate them for the small ones. That is a failure, because Stoke is no better.

So, Kenny should take a long hard look in the mirror and understand that his press conference from yesterday was absolutely disgraceful. He should resign at the end of the season and keep his dignity. If he doesn't, we will still suck next year and any dignity that he has left will be taken away from him. Facts of life, nostalgic knobs can do one.

Rafa has to stay away, he would be like going from bad to much worse.

Liverpool FC has always been the right side of ruthless and 'hardnosed' as anyone who has supported the club for more than a few years will be able to tell you

It's not like these spastic 'business-savvy' armchair superfans are the future, telling all the antediluvian old school what we don't already know, and have always known

apart from when we play shit teams then we're complacent and arrogant and regularly find ourselves at the wrong end of an embarrassing score line.

I can't believe that I'm reading a thread in which 'so called' LFC supporters are calling for KK's head! Is this what we've become? A fickle bunch of wankers who are willing to put the boot into the man who has done more for LFC; both on the pitch and off it.

And all this during a season in which there is silverware in the trophy cabinet, with a strong possibility if another one to come.

You are classless and you should hang your heads in shame. In fact, you are so classless that you should just piss off and support the bitters, the mancs, Chelsea or whoever.

If it's prey that you're looking for then I suggest you put a similar thread out asking for Comolli to be fucked off.

THERE i said it!
hey no matter who the manager is a big NO to that one! we just one the small cup and are on route to the big domestic cup!! the reality is the club is getting over the philosophy of Rafa Benitez who by the way was tremendous dealing with two boards....maybe this time next year those comments about Kenny can be made but for now we are all suffering but lets stick together and see were we go. YNWA

I can't believe that I'm reading a thread in which 'so called' LFC supporters are calling for KK's head! Is this what we've become? A fickle bunch of wankers who are willing to put the boot into the man who has done more for LFC; both on the pitch and off it.

And all this during a season in which there is silverware in the trophy cabinet, with a strong possibility if another one to come.

You are classless and you should hang your heads in shame. In fact, you are so classless that you should just piss off and support the bitters, the mancs, Chelsea or whoever.

If it's prey that you're looking for then I suggest you put a similar thread out asking for Comolli to be fucked off.

Sorry, we probably will finish tenth or so and you and I would say "OUT" if it wasn't KK in charge. But just because it is Kenny we must give him time and what not, HOW MUCH TIME I ask, stay loyal forever and become a loser team that is happy being 8th, 9th, or what?

That Cup is nice, but we won't win the Fa Cup, we struggled against shitty Cardiff, we have no chance against Spurs/Chelsea. That can only be blamed on KK, and Comolli can fuck off too.

Remember at bthe start of the season, aim was 4th, maybe challenge a little bit. Good cup run. Look at us now. Nearly embarrassed by Cardiff, a joke in the league...not a good season.

Liverpool FC has always been the right side of ruthless and 'hardnosed' as anyone who has supported the club for more than a few years will be able to tell you.

Post Hillsborough, I don't think that is true.

Dalglish resigned

Souness, for all his faults, was undermined by a Board who listened to senior pros.

Uncle Roy was appointed as a reaction to the Hard Man

The Joint Mangership between Roy and Houllier was fudged.

Houllier never recovered from ill-health

The G&H era was a shambles.

Roy H was a mercy killing.

Not much hardnosed or ruthless there.

Satan, were you really expecting us to win the prem this season or something? Even finishing in the top 4 in KK's first season is a big ask. Granted, KK's signings in the summer were gash to say the least. And our current position is woeful. But to start throwing the 'Kenny out' crap after one season is something that a true fucking Chelsea fan should be proud of, not Liverpool. And yes, because it is KK my judgement maybe somewhat clouded. But I make absolutely no fucking apology for that because as a player and as a manager ge served our club with distinction. He has been a pillar of strength during some fucking bad times, and yet he still takes it on the chin defending his players and us the supporters.

So, just because it's Kenny I'll defend him to the hilt - too fucking right I will.

But looking at it subjectively as well, KK has won the league with 2 different clubs. I appreciate it was some time ago but he knows the course and I have more perspective than to condemn him after only 1 poor season!! It's as if you want to write us off at every opportunity. I mean, you've even written our chances of winning the FA Cup, even though we are already in the semi's.

May I ask, are you a match-going red?

Satan, were you really expecting us to win the prem this season or something? Even finishing in the top 4 in KK's first season is a big ask. Granted, KK's signings in the summer were gash to say the least. And our current position is woeful. But to start throwing the 'Kenny out' crap after one season is something that a true fucking Chelsea fan should be proud of, not Liverpool. And yes, because it is KK my judgement maybe somewhat clouded. But I make absolutely no fucking apology for that because as a player and as a manager ge served our club with distinction. He has been a pillar of strength during some fucking bad times, and yet he still takes it on the chin defending his players and us the supporters.

So, just because it's Kenny I'll defend him to the hilt - too fucking right I will.

But looking at it subjectively as well, KK has won the league with 2 different clubs. I appreciate it was some time ago but he knows the course and I have more perspective than to condemn him after only 1 poor season!! It's as if you want to write us off at every opportunity. I mean, you've even written our chances of winning the FA Cup, even though we are already in the semi's.

No it wasn't.

I never said that I expected us to win the league. Whoever did is seriously deluded. Obviously I fell into the nostalgic trap with Kenny and hoped for the best.

I didn't think that finishing in the top 4 was a big ask. Easy to say in hindsight, I understand, but do you seriously believe that Arsenal and Chelsea will be as bad next season as they have been in this one? This was a chance, because everytime we had the chance to close the gap (meaning results going our way and they did mkany many times this season), we failed.

Kenny can't motivate the team. They are up for it when we play big teams or rivals, but other than that, no. That falls on the manager. It is a hard thing to say, but only because it is Kenny. If it wasn't Kenny, we had a new manager by now. Roy Woy was very bad and we took care of the problem. This time we stay nostalgic. Please don't say it is Kenny's first season, how did it go in the second half of last season? Much better, no?

Of course he has to defend us, the team and whatever shite the team offered, but it is getting rather sad. See yesterday, defending a clear handball and claiming tiredness - three days ago he said we're among the fittest teams in the league. What about other teams? How do they cope?

we got lucky with the league cup, I am sure you watched the game. I don't see us beating Spurs or Chelsea in a final and winning the semi seems to be a foregone conclusion for most of us. Not for me, although I am sure they will give it their best. Wembley and all, but can't be bothered with anyone else.

We played 4-5-1 against Wigan at home. That is sad.

I was a matchgoing red, but it has been a while, then I moved away and can't make it to more than two or three games a season.

I'll say it again, Kenny should resign at the end of the season. Keep his dignity and lets hope he doesn't get fired. If we continue like this, he will, you know next season it will become inevitable.

He spent a lot of money on garbage and we can't get rid of them. If we do and buy replacements, we might end up having a better first XI, but our squad will remain thin. Two or three major injuries and we could write off next season very quickly.

Sorry, we probably will finish tenth or so and you and I would say "OUT" if it wasn't KK in charge. But just because it is Kenny we must give him time and what not, HOW MUCH TIME I ask, stay loyal forever and become a loser team that is happy being 8th, 9th, or what?

That Cup is nice, but we won't win the Fa Cup, we struggled against shitty Cardiff, we have no chance against Spurs/Chelsea. That can only be blamed on KK, and Comolli can fuck off too.

Remember at bthe start of the season, aim was 4th, maybe challenge a little bit. Good cup run. Look at us now. Nearly embarrassed by Cardiff, a joke in the league...not a good season.

I asked someone this question before in one of the other five threads asking for Kenny's head, but I'll ask again in this one. Since you've given up on the rest of the season (I haven't), could I have first dibs on your away tickets and (not to sound too greedy) but can I have your FA Cup semi final ticket if I don't make it in the ballot? Face value, of course.

Cheers.

I asked someone this question before in one of the other five threads asking for Kenny's head, but I'll ask again in this one. Since you've given up on the rest of the season (I haven't), could I have first dibs on your away tickets and (not to sound too greedy) but can I have your FA Cup semi final ticket if I don't make it in the ballot? Face value, of course.

Cheers.

Well, then let me the one to put you out of your misery. It's great that you haven't given up on our season, it truly is, I know there is lots of glory awaiting us keeping the stellar teams like Swansea and Norwich or even Stoke off our backs.

If I had a ticket for the semi, I would tell you that you can have it, we meet and then I WILL PUT IT IN MY MOUTH. I will eat it before you can have it. There, I said it. Cheers, lad.

He has been a pillar of strength during some fucking bad times, and yet he still takes it on the chin defending his players and us the supporters.So, just because it's Kenny I'll defend him to the hilt

It follows for you, but it doesn't follow.

Kenny's legendary status is in stone, banked, a given.

Applying for and accepting the managers job in 2011 is quite separate.He does not ask for what you offer.

If Carra or Gerrard said "Boss I've been great in the past so you can't criticise, drop or transfer me" they would be given short shrift - so why do you offer him the free pass normally reserved for favoured aunts?

LFC is about performance and results. kenny does not ask for any favours. he did not apply fo a sinecure.He is in the top ten best paid managers in the world - that is how he is expected to perform.

If he had wanted an ambassadors job trading on past glories he would have asked for it. I continue to believe he will see out his contract, but the performances need to improve, and the excuses need to stop.

Guest ShoePiss

A lot of the mongs are getting restless and saying they aren't going to bother watching us as the season is over, next to winning the league things couldn't be better in my opinion.

FSG most likely won't invest any of their own money for us to take the leap to CL spots so we will probably finish around 5-7th next season too, hopefully with Kenny still at the helm and more mongs leaving our fanbase. Brilliant. I'd happily accept winning nothing and 'becoming a Villa' if these tits fuck off and support someone else.

Kenny as manager for as long as he wants. I'll always be happy with him in charge no matter how we do. Cue some fucking mong of a wool saying this is what's wrong with the club, fuck off and support someone else.

1 day since i created this thread and the discussion is livley.

The reason why i created it was because i feel that it is quite a few actually who has the same meaning as me regarding kenny's results.

Yes, Kenny is an absolute legend in our club, please don't get me wrong on that.

But now i am gonna focus on Kenny's results so faar this season:

I NEVER EVER thought the team was ever going to gun for the title this season, thats just stupid do belive, i thougt we where gonna compete with spurs and arsenal for the fourth place, newcastle has suppirsed us all but how cool were they, not to panic with the carroll money and step bu step buy good players. and i am supprised that chelsea now are fifth.

Transfers:

Since Kenny's i was a bit sceptical, because i was afraid that we where to buy too many english/british overrated players.. and guess whats happend:

(if it is so that kenny has the final word, you can't blame comolli only for this.....)

Carroll: 35 million

Henderson: 18 Million

Downing: 20 Million

Adam: 5 million

Thats 78 million thrown right out the window, we paniced when carroll was bought.

Suarez, enrique and bellamy are good buys, they have all turned out well, even though i was wery sceptical about bellamy's second arrival.

we let meireles go and did not give him a new contract OR replaced him.. thats another poor decision. yes you can argue me that he's not been that good for chelsea this season, but he's still better than many of our players. and what happend: gerrard got injured and adam was suddenly our main man in midfield..

so to our "unlucky" league form:

this is the table so faar, home vs away, and the numbers speaks for themselfs.

Barclays Premier League Table

away: its allright.

home...: 8 draws... EIGHT.. and thats not down to only "Unluckyness" hittning the post all the time or super keepers, as kenny countless times is saying in the media.

when the same thing happens over and over, its down to skills:

our strikers are not as good finishers as we think they are, they need FAAAR too many chanches to score. just roll a tape of a game this season and see for yourself.. and did we buy a stiker in january? no.. but newcastle's scouting department got hold of papiss cisse, when we where trying to negotiate a rediccilous offer for darren bent.. something is wrong.

pace: our team lacks pace all over, no need to say more.

passing/creativity: well, it's bad, to many poor passes and creativity at the level of a squirrel.

Football-intelligence: the most of our signings are not football smart at all.. they are not able to think 2 or 3 moves ahead of them... look at carroll when we are trying to play a 1-2 or when gerrard or suarez are combining something, he don't get it.. and that goes down to the likes of downing, henderson and adam as well.

Kenny's tactics:

This season it's been to many formations etc. when carroll plays, he's a target man and were only going to kick the ball to his head.. thats old school and belongs in the 80s / 90s, you can throw the big/small striker rubbish down the toilet.

and when the game's even or we have taken the lead: kenny is too concerned defending the lead instead of take complete controll of the game and kill it.

carling cup:

we played the most games away( better away than home this season, no suprise)

drawed home against city, and drawed against a poor cardiff side in the final.. as it's has been all along, and got lucky in the penalty shootout.

fa cup:

we beat united, and against stoke our team never ever looked comfortable.

conclusion:

kenny is not gonna change and the game has changed to much since the last time kenny was in charge, he's old school.

these are the hard facts.. it's not gonna change.. ever. and if it's true that we're only going to buy "fixes, and tweaks" this summer, then gues what's going to happen: it's gonna be EXACTLY the same as this season

time for a change this summer.

Guest ShoePiss
Well, then let me the one to put you out of your misery. It's great that you haven't given up on our season, it truly is, I know there is lots of glory awaiting us keeping the stellar teams like Swansea and Norwich or even Stoke off our backs.

If I had a ticket for the semi, I would tell you that you can have it, we meet and then I WILL PUT IT IN MY MOUTH. I will eat it before you can have it. There, I said it. Cheers, lad.

Why?