You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny on the Suarez / PSG rumours...

dave u

Guest ShoePiss
I thought Kenny said, 'He sacked me before I could work with him...' (Rather than 'They sacked me before I could work with him). I will go back and have a re-listen.

I thought Martin O'Neil was coming in to Celtic and one of his conditions was to not work under a DOF (not especially Kenny personally, more the structure).

Just had another listen myself and you're right, makes it even funnier :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of the thread title, I might be on my own here, but I'd take a good offer for him.

A good offer being £35 million+

Anyone else?

No, mate. Not a chance I'd sell him. Purely on the basis that i dont like the club selling their best players. Albeit, £35m is a good offer, and nearly double what we payed for him. But I dont think we'd get a half decent replacement.

And thats not a dig at Kenny for buying Downing or whoever, I just think that theres nobody out there that is as good as him (who would be available of course).

Fair dues mate, I agree the question of who we would get in to replace him is a big one.

Can't say I know the market well, but theres always good players waiting to emerge.

Whether I actually trust Dalglish and Commoli to find them is another matter.

My reasoning is that I actually don't think Suarez is "world class" or "irreplacable". He simply doesn't create or score enough goals to warrant that tag, not that absolutely everyone says he is world class, but a lot do.

My point is 35 mil could, if spent wisely at the least replace Suarez's goals if not exceed them (you'd think in theory).

Fair dues mate, I agree the question of who we would get in to replace him is a big one.

Can't say I know the market well, but theres always good players waiting to emerge.

Whether I actually trust Dalglish and Commoli to find them is another matter.

My reasoning is that I actually don't think Suarez is "world class" or "irreplacable". He simply doesn't create or score enough goals to warrant that tag, not that absolutely everyone says he is world class, but a lot do.

My point is 35 mil could, if spent wisely at the least replace Suarez's goals if not exceed them (you'd think in theory).

You watch him playing for Uruguay and it's obvious he is world class. We're just not getting the best out of him. We need to fix that, it's a problem with us and not him IMO. You look at the list of players we've failed to the best out of this year and it's clear it's worth biding our time until we sort out how to get the attackers on the same page.

You watch him playing for Uruguay and it's obvious he is world class. We're just not getting the best out of him. We need to fix that, it's a problem with us and not him IMO. You look at the list of players we've failed to the best out of this year and it's clear it's worth biding our time until we sort out how to get the attackers on the same page.

Any theories on how?